Page 584 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 844845345745805815825835845855865875885946346841084 ... LastLast
Results 8,746 to 8,760 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Ah, I stand corrected.

So he won't lose the popular vote until after the recount he requested. After all, it's rigged against him, right?
    There's no rigging. The Democrat's did a bad job handling the caucus.

There's already reports that Neveda's going to be a mess too.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

When the difference is 80 votes out of over a million requesting a recount is pretty standard.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

You’re cherry picking straw men, of course Chuck Todd and Matthews would do that why would you expect anything less? There are dozens of reporters, anchors and consultants at MSNBC who aren’t them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Steel...
    Here's ya girl Joy Reid doing what Joy Reid does best... lol.

Michael Brooks isn’t what you’d call objective, either. Krystal Ball’s been turning into a leftist ideologues since she joined the Hill, I can’t help but think she’s cashing in on a vector since ’16. She wasn’t this hard left when she was on MSNBC, it must be a lucrative niche.
    Not to say they weren’t right in this particular case with Joy Reid.

Do you have anyone else that isn’t the obvious suspects? Fox News and Joe Rogan himself do this every day. You’re going to ne far more numbers to implicate MSNBC as a whole.

From your silence I can guess you’re alright with propaganda as long as its tilted towards Sanders, which impacts your objectivity when it comes to media reporting. The Young Turks and the Hill being prominent examples.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    To start with, you've got to be straight with yourself about what a "Liberal..." in America even is. Which is "On The Left Edge Of What Is Actually 'The Right'..."

It's been that way for decades now.

An American who is even remotely "Progressive..." would just be someone that everyone else the world around would look at and say "Hey, Do You Think He Has Any Idea That He I Actually Just A Little Left Of 'Center'?..."
    I'm not interested in listening to a right winger's "concerns" about Liberalism, on this topic you have zero credibility.

A new poll has Bernie taking the lead with black voters.

Among Blacks:

Sanders 31%
    Biden 28%
    Bloomberg 21%
    Warren 7%
    Buttigieg 6%
    Klobuchar 1%

Among Hispanics:

Sanders 41%
    Biden 16%
    Bloomberg 13%
    Warren 13%
    Buttigieg 8%
    Klobuchar 0%

Among Whites:

Sanders 24%
    Bloomberg 19%
    Biden 15%
    Buttigieg 15%
    Warren 10%
    Klobuchar 6%

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/...27184032202754
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

The biggest problem now is Bloomberg.

The other candidates have to obliterate him at the debate tomorrow or he could actually buy the election.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post

The other candidates have to obliterate him at the debate tomorrow or he could actually buy the election.
    All these complaints about money when Sanders' biggest issue is explaining how he will get the money to pay for his programs.

It's almost as if you're ignoring the fact that Sanders entire campaign is based on having people pay more money to support his vision of America.

I get it though -- you feel you need to "obliterate" all of the other Democrats who don't share that vision, regardless of the facts or consequences.

-----
    "Sanders Hedges at CNN Town Hall, Won’t Rule Out Taking Bloomberg’s Money in General Election Against Trump"

"Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders initially dodged a direct question and then after a follow-up, didn’t rule out accepting 2020 rival Mike Bloomberg’s offer of hundreds of millions of dollars in general election support, saying that “right now” he didn’t think he would need the help.

Speaking at a CNN town hall in Nevada just a few days before that state’s caucus, Sanders pledged to support any Democratic nominee against Trump, but notably didn’t answer an audience member’s question about whether he would accept the pledged campaign support from the self-funding candidate, media tycoon Bloomberg.

“If nominated, would you accept help from billionaires like Bloomberg and if not, why throw away something that can make a huge difference in winning 2020?” asked undecided voter Ana Liker.

Sanders’ answer first touted his his campaign’s huge grassroots support and small-dollar contributions. He then pivoted to say: “I think I can speak for all of the other Democratic candidates, many of whom are longtime friends of mine. Which is on day one when I announced my candidacy, I said, obviously, we were going to do everything that I could to win, but if I did not win the nomination, I would support vigorously the candidate who would won, because Donald Trump must be defeated.”

CNN’s town hall moderator, Anderson Cooper, asked Sanders in a follow up. “Would you accept — if Michael Bloomberg doesn’t get it, he gets the nomination, he says, ‘I’ve got $500 million left over that I’m going to give to you,’ would you accept that?”

“Well, what I did say is that if Mr. Bloomberg wins, and I certainly hope he does not, I will support the Democratic nominee,” Sanders repeated, not directly addressing the question. “As of right now, we have not taken — we don’t have a Super PAC, we’re not asking for a Super PAC. That is my position right now.”

So, you’re not sure if you’d take the money?” Cooper pressed, as Sanders grimaced and looked down toward the floor. After a long pause that made it clear Sanders was done talking about the issue, Cooper smiled, nodded his head and said “Oh-kay” as he turned to the next questioner."

https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...against-trump/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Even if elected I don't think Bloomberg would be as dangerous as Trump is. He doesn't have the gaggle of ready made accomplices eager to ignore the bad things he does like Benedict Donald has.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I get it though -- you feel you need to "obliterate" all of the other Democrats who don't share that vision, regardless of the facts or consequences.
    Bloomberg's a republican.

I don't want an election where the two choices are both republicans.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    There's more than one working theory there...

- If you are not up to speed, dude was on Trump's old show...
    - Could lay the groundwork for another person Trump actually wants to cut some slack...

As for the actual lay of the land -

Here in Illinois, there's reasonable folks on both sides of it. Some saying there has to be accountability. Others saying the sentence that the guy got took it out past holding him accountable.
    Trump may also believe it gives him cover for future actions. I do worry about what those actions are.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I'm not interested in listening to a right winger's "concerns" about Liberalism, on this topic you have zero credibility.
    There's no "Concerns..."

It's provable fact.

That's why someone came right along after I posted that, and almost figuratively fell over laughing.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    All these complaints about money when Sanders' biggest issue is explaining how he will get the money to pay for his programs.

It's almost as if you're ignoring the fact that Sanders entire campaign is based on having people pay more money to support his vision of America.

-----
    "Sanders Hedges at CNN Town Hall, Won’t Rule Out Taking Bloomberg’s Money in General Election Against Trump"

"Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders initially dodged a direct question and then after a follow-up, didn’t rule out accepting 2020 rival Mike Bloomberg’s offer of hundreds of millions of dollars in general election support, saying that “right now” he didn’t think he would need the help.

Speaking at a CNN town hall in Nevada just a few days before that state’s caucus, Sanders pledged to support any Democratic nominee against Trump, but notably didn’t answer an audience member’s question about whether he would accept the pledged campaign support from the self-funding candidate, media tycoon Bloomberg.

“If nominated, would you accept help from billionaires like Bloomberg and if not, why throw away something that can make a huge difference in winning 2020?” asked undecided voter Ana Liker.

Sanders’ answer first touted his his campaign’s huge grassroots support and small-dollar contributions. He then pivoted to say: “I think I can speak for all of the other Democratic candidates, many of whom are longtime friends of mine. Which is on day one when I announced my candidacy, I said, obviously, we were going to do everything that I could to win, but if I did not win the nomination, I would support vigorously the candidate who would won, because Donald Trump must be defeated.”

CNN’s town hall moderator, Anderson Cooper, asked Sanders in a follow up. “Would you accept — if Michael Bloomberg doesn’t get it, he gets the nomination, he says, ‘I’ve got $500 million left over that I’m going to give to you,’ would you accept that?”

“Well, what I did say is that if Mr. Bloomberg wins, and I certainly hope he does not, I will support the Democratic nominee,” Sanders repeated, not directly addressing the question. “As of right now, we have not taken — we don’t have a Super PAC, we’re not asking for a Super PAC. That is my position right now.”

So, you’re not sure if you’d take the money?” Cooper pressed, as Sanders grimaced and looked down toward the floor. After a long pause that made it clear Sanders was done talking about the issue, Cooper smiled, nodded his head and said “Oh-kay” as he turned to the next questioner."

https://www.mediaite.com/election-20...against-trump/
    Let's get real here, folks, running for president ain't cheap, if it were, anybody with political aspirations would run, and I do mean ANYBODY. Money, or rather, the lack of same killed the campaigns of Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and Julian Castro, just to name a few (plus the fact their poll numbers were godawful), if you don't have the scratch, regardless of where it comes from, you can't compete, plain and simple. While Sanders SAID he wouldn't take money from Super PACS, if Bloomberg, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates or Warren Buffet were to offer him a fat contribution, you can't tell me he wouldn't accept it, and I'm sure none of the other candidates wouldn't either. Sanders is many things, a few of which I'm openly not comfortable with, but I'm guessing stupid isn't one of them, despite his hemming and hawing with Anderson Cooper.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While Sanders SAID he wouldn't take money from Super PACS, if Bloomberg, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates or Warren Buffet were to offer him a fat contribution, you can't tell me he wouldn't accept it, and I'm sure none of the other candidates wouldn't either. Sanders is many things, a few of which I'm openly not comfortable with, but I'm guessing stupid isn't one of them, despite his hemming and hawing with Anderson Cooper.
    He might not because he might not need to -- he's depending on his supporters to pull him through.

They might do so, just like they might actually vote him into power and vote all the Republican obstacles out of power.

Guess we'll see if they can pull all of that off.

I respect the effort to do so -- just not the hypocritical "anti-money, anti-Democratic" slash and burn technique being utilized to get there.

Bloomberg's a republican.

I don't want an election where the two choices are both republicans.
    And many people don't want an election where the choice is between Trump and a candidate who says they need to pay higher taxes.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-19-2020 at 06:11 AM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Here in Wisconsin, we just had our primary elections for Sean Duffy's congressional seat. Tom Tiffany took it for Republican nomination, beating out Jason Church.

Now, why is Church a big deal? The guy was REALLY banking on his support of Donald Trump to pull him through. Seeing it all crumble amuses me.

Anywho, for you WBE, he was a border wall supporter, pro-life, gun right nut. And then there was this stuff:

4. What’s your plan to continue to support Wisconsin’s low unemployment rate while addressing an aging workforce?

Well I think one of the biggest things for me is deregulation, from the federal level. I mean, one of the problems often is that local businesses just have a hard time starting up because they have to deal with a ridiculous amount of compliance costs. I mean, lawyers are expensive. And I think deregulating parts of the federal code would, quite frankly, be a boon to the workforce here, and would continue us on the path to prosperity.

5. How do you plan to make healthcare more affordable for the American family?

One of the things I see as problematic right now is -- I’ll answer the question. But I see one of the problematic things right now in health care is the proposals that are coming from the left about universal health care. I go to the VA. I am a product of social -- I mean, I go to socialized medicine. And to me, the fact that I have to go and basically prove that I don’t have legs every couple months to then get the supplies I need is, quite frankly, pretty silly. But that’s a system that occurs when you have -- when you have the people working there not accountable to the patient, the veteran, but accountable to a bureaucrat in Washington. So I found the proposals that they’re putting forth to be, just--very bad. Because the VA system extrapolated out to the entire country, to me, is a very scary thought. I think part of it would be--I mean, we should have repealed and replaced the Affordable Care Act when we had the chance to. That opportunity doesn't exist right now. And there are different types of plans out there that allow for more pooled coverage of doctors in regional areas, that cost families a lot less per month. And quite frankly, for what they need--especially as a young person for health care costs--I think it would help dramatically reduce the overall cost of health care in this country. Also, the other parts of it, you look at medicare, medicaid--all these programs just build up and exacerbate the costs of health care in this country. They don’t contribute to lowering it. They make it more expensive.

Itll probably be a while before you get to him but you know, for a rainy day.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 02-19-2020 at 06:15 AM.