Page 550 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 504505005405465475485495505515525535545606006501050 ... LastLast
Results 8,236 to 8,250 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That's the biggest issue I have with the Dems....not enough of them being positive. I think Warren is getting it now, but it's too late. The doom and gloom and everything is so terrible we need a revolution may have roots in truth and the necessity to change the system. It also might be a really shitty idea from a political perspective.
    My crippling depression will only make me stronger!

My dad had a drinking problem, so I try not to make fun of alcoholics.

But I do think it is a problem when people with a clear drinking problems have positions of power and nobody does an intervention to get them into rehab.

A thoroughly sauced Larry Kudlow tells Jesse Watters that the Administration doesn’t control the Bureau of Labor Statistics

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Was he always old?
    Wizards get more powerful with age.

------
    "Bernie Sanders was 68 years old when he was born"

"Bernie never ages. He's looked 80 for the last 40 years."

"Can't believe Bernie was only 83 years old when he had this interview."

"He still had the “ working on the flux capacitor” look."

"Bernie has combed his hair with a balloon from day 1."

"I’m not a huge Bernie fan. But what I like a lot is that Bernie keeps bringing questions around to, essentially, “what is your suggestion for improvement.” And in a seemingly honest way to learn more, not in a judgmental way implying they have nothing positive to contribute."
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-16-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

the DOJ probe involving Giuliani and two of his former associates is moving forward.

The parallel developments mean that one part of the Justice Department is scrutinizing Giuliani while another is accepting information from him allegedly concerning a political rival of the president.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

When presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders was young and still had all his hair, he was kicked out of a hippie commune in Vermont in 1971 because he was “sitting around and talking” politics instead of working, according to a book that’s mostly about the kids who did all the working.

Other than working on his article, which involved interviewing a pregnant member of the commune, Sanders spent his time at Myrtle Hill in “endless political discussion,” Deloz reports. This did not go over well with the rest of the hippies, who were working the land the way folks used to do in Colonial Vermont, which meant enduring long hours of backbreaking labor. According to Daloz, one of the commune members, Craig, “resented feeling like he had to pull others out of Bernie’s orbit if any work was going to get accomplished that day.”

In the end, Sanders was told he was no longer welcome. “When Bernie had stayed for Myrtle’s allotted three days, Craig politely requested that he move on,” Daloz reports.

The topics Bernie liked to discuss with the real workers, included, according to Deloz, “a kibbutz-style school for commune children; the possibility of a coming violent revolution; and the pros and cons of group marriage.” So he picked up a thing or two back in 1963, in kibbutz Sha’arei Ha’amakim not far from Haifa.

The Myrtle Hill commune broke up in the 1980s, a victim of the War on Drugs. They grew marijuana on the grounds, to supplement their income, and law enforcement raided them. According to police reports, they found a quarter million dollars of marijuana and “a bullet-proof vest, a machete, a gas mask, and a fully loaded Uzi.”
    This is actually an article from 2016, from The Jewish Press. Did it even make ANY kind of waves in the primaries? I mean, people kept saying Hillary had "baggage" when Bernie used to live with a group of armed drug producers until they kicked him out for being lazy.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

She's an incredible divisive figure who admitted to vote for Jill Stein in 2016.
    She never said she voted for Jill Stein. She was asked by Jill Stein to be her VP and she turned it down.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

When presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders was young and still had all his hair, he was kicked out of a hippie commune in Vermont in 1971 because he was “sitting around and talking” politics instead of working, according to a book that’s mostly about the kids who did all the working.

Other than working on his article, which involved interviewing a pregnant member of the commune, Sanders spent his time at Myrtle Hill in “endless political discussion,” Deloz reports. This did not go over well with the rest of the hippies, who were working the land the way folks used to do in Colonial Vermont, which meant enduring long hours of backbreaking labor. According to Daloz, one of the commune members, Craig, “resented feeling like he had to pull others out of Bernie’s orbit if any work was going to get accomplished that day.”

In the end, Sanders was told he was no longer welcome. “When Bernie had stayed for Myrtle’s allotted three days, Craig politely requested that he move on,” Daloz reports.

The topics Bernie liked to discuss with the real workers, included, according to Deloz, “a kibbutz-style school for commune children; the possibility of a coming violent revolution; and the pros and cons of group marriage.” So he picked up a thing or two back in 1963, in kibbutz Sha’arei Ha’amakim not far from Haifa.

The Myrtle Hill commune broke up in the 1980s, a victim of the War on Drugs. They grew marijuana on the grounds, to supplement their income, and law enforcement raided them. According to police reports, they found a quarter million dollars of marijuana and “a bullet-proof vest, a machete, a gas mask, and a fully loaded Uzi.”
    This is actually an article from 2016, from The Jewish Press. Did it even make ANY kind of waves in the primaries? I mean, people kept saying Hillary had "baggage" when Bernie used to live with a group of armed drug producers until they kicked him out for being lazy.
    When you think about that most folks realize that the war on drugs has been an ineffective waste of taxpayer money?(let's set aside the collateral damage done to Mexico/Central America/South America)

I'm not exactly stunned that it didn't make much in the way of waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    She never said she voted for Jill Stein. She was asked by Jill Stein to be her VP and she turned it down.
    OK, I take that back. She did issue a non denial saying "you don't know who I voted for" when accused of voting for Jill Stein.

Hillary was right!

The Jewish Press is a right-wing rag so I'm not going to blame you for falling for their story.

Bernie did not live with in the commune. He went as a journalist to interview them.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

She did campaign with and for Jill Stein though in July 2016, so I can see where the assumption comes from that she voted for her:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_psWNTpnjc

Hillary was right!

The Jewish Press is a right-wing rag so I'm not going to blame you for falling for their story.

Bernie did not live with in the commune. He went as a journalist to interview them.
    That is what the article says. He wanted to stay longer, but they asked him to leave after 3 days because he was harming productivity.

Hillary was right!

OK, I take that back. She did issue a non denial saying "you don't know who I voted for" when accused of voting for Jill Stein.
    The accusation came from nowhere so she gave it the answer it deserved.

There's no record of her ever saying anything about voting for Stein. Neera Tanden made it up to get under her skin.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

That is what the article says. He wanted to stay longer, but they asked him to leave after 3 days because he was harming productivity.
    On the "Armed Drug Compound..."

I'm missing where Sanders isn't the good guy in the scenario.

Never mind that it means that your "Lived With..." take is a bit of a stretch.

The accusation came from nowhere so she gave it the answer it deserved.

There's no record of her ever saying anything about voting for Stein. Neera Tanden made it up to get under her skin.
    She refused to endorse Clinton and campaigned for Stein. It's not like Neera's assumption came out of nowhere.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On the "Armed Drug Compound..."

I'm missing where Sanders isn't the good guy in the scenario.
    There are only bad guys in that scenario.

Hillary was right!