Page 960 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 46086091095095695795895996096196296396497010101060 ... LastLast
Results 14,386 to 14,400 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Yeah and Trump baselessly claimed that they were “bad” and we would develop better ones because we have “the best scientists”.
    I was trying to start an Abbot & Costello routine, but I might be dating myself.

(I'm quarantining - who else would I date??)
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    There is a provision in the bill preventing any government official, or their family members, from collecting any aide. Thankfully that would include the Orange Man.
    Liz Warren put that in there, from what I hear.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Bernie Sanders, 4 GOP senators threaten to hold up coronavirus stimulus bill

I think this actually made the markets give back some of the gains of today shortly before the closing bell.
    Man, the optics of that headline...

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    We have conservatives saying seniors shouldn't receive a stimulus check and should be sacrificed to bring the economy back...when did conservatives turn their backs on the elderly?
    "When"? Republicans are too gleefully ready to throw anybody (ie. NOT white) into the volcano to appease the rich, corporate, Christo-fascist Lords & Masters. You say that like it's a new thing for them...how quaint.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Bernie Sanders, 4 GOP senators threaten to hold up coronavirus stimulus bill

I think this actually made the markets give back some of the gains of today shortly before the closing bell.
    The article doesn't say what opposition Bernie is fighting against but the part of the unemployment that the other 4 senator disagree with is ridiculous.

"They argued a plan to add $600 per week to unemployment insurance for up to four months, a core provision of the near-final legislation, could encourage companies to lay off workers and Americans to stay unemployed."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I dont think it would be for people on social security to not get a check. They are under the 75,000 income limit. And most are older people on a very limited income. So I dont see why they should be excluded.
    From what I have heard it's either both April & May checks this month or a bonus in those checks.

Both parents have SS and Mom is in rehab when all this started.

That $1,2000 would wipe out her new smaller medical bills but not the 12K one that is still due.

This is gut wrenching as hell

Hospitals consider universal do-not-resuscitate orders for coronavirus patients

Hospitals on the front lines of the pandemic are engaged in a heated private debate over a calculation few have encountered in their lifetimes — how to weigh the “save at all costs” approach to resuscitating a dying patient against the real danger of exposing doctors and nurses to the virus’s contagion.

The conversations are driven by the realization that the risk to staff amid dwindling stores of protective equipment — such as masks, gowns and gloves — may be too great to justify the conventional response when a patient “codes,” and their heart or breathing stops.

Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago has been discussing a universal do-not-resuscitate policy for infected patients, regardless of the wishes of the patient or their family members — a wrenching decision to prioritize the lives of the many over the one.
    Officials at George Washington University Hospital in the District say they have had similar conversations, but for now will continue to resuscitate covid-19 patients using modified procedures, such as putting plastic sheeting over the patient to create a barrier. The University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle, one of the country’s major hot spots for infections, is dealing with the problem by severely limiting the number of responders to a contagious patient in cardiac or respiratory arrest.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Haha you won’t get that 1200 check for 4 months if the IRS doesn’t already have direct deposit info, lol this deal is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Haha you won’t get that 1200 check for 4 months if the IRS doesn’t already have direct deposit info, lol this deal is so bad.
    You can thank Trump for cutting everything that wasn’t the military down. This is going to slow up government responses and, of course, I’m gonna have to hear from my father how it is the AMOUNT of government that is problematic rather than the lack of it.

On another, less happy note: can someone actually tell me the story of what went down between Biden and Tara Reade? All I see are a bunch of Bernie supporters speaking in platitudes about it on Twitter. Not that they don’t have a right to if the allegations are substantiated and correct, but it seems to be, as far as I’ve seen, surface-level commentary. What did she happened?
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-25-2020 at 03:00 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Anyone wanna help me know what this is about? All I know is it has something to do with Biden

https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1242692501762433029

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Liz Warren put that in there, from what I hear.
    Sigh, why is it not her that's still in the running?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Every adult will get a one time means tested check for around 1.2k. Businesses will get a free windfall of cash with no strings attached. So basically we got held hostage for a check that won’t matter in a month so business like Boeing, who despite saying they wouldn’t take government help if it included equity but still had a special provision in the bill just for turn, can get a free for all.

Funny, nobody asking how we pay for this right now.
    It doesn't suit the Narrative of "pie in the sky". Or electability. Which is another reason I'm done with Democrats after this year.

BANNED

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...enough-debates

Of course he doesn't. Because when you run on no change and are becoming incoherent daily and have really bad showings on TV this past week. While your competitor is coming with concrete plans outside of Trump bad. You want to hide.

You also just want the core without working for it because you know the left is gonna core for you because we're being held hostage by a less shitty party. Still ****, just less ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...enough-debates

Of course he doesn't. Because when you run on no change and are becoming incoherent daily and have really bad showings on TV this past week. While your competitor is coming with concrete plans outside of Trump bad. You want to hide.

You also just want the core without working for it because you know the left is gonna core for you because we're being held hostage by a less shitty party. Still ****, just less ****.
    Ehhh...if you’re in the lead you want fewer debates. And debates, right now, are logistical nightmares to schedule. If Sanders was trying to stop debates, and he would be if he were leading, I’m sure most of those supporting him would celebrate him “trying to do the right thing” and “ensuring the safety of everyone involved” as they did with his stance on delaying primaries. This is politics and I think we got the one-on-one we were looking for.

Also, I’m sorry, but I don’t sympathize with the anti-Biden rhetoric asking where he is. He seems to be particularly active in creating shadow briefings and he does lay out his pandemic preparedness plans in those briefings. He’s talked to governors, Senators, congressmen and women, and epidemiologists to see what he can do. It just seems clear to me that nothing would ever be good enough when it comes to Biden. That’s fine. But it is also more difficult to take criticism seriously when it comes out both sides of your mouth to praise Sanders on one hand and attack Biden on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Anyone wanna help me know what this is about? All I know is it has something to do with Biden

https://twitter.com/kthalps/status/1242692501762433029
    Hey man, seconded. I was wondering the same thing.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-25-2020 at 03:34 PM.