Page 923 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 4238238739139199209219229239249259269279339731023 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,845 of 17573
    Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    His "personal vietnam" was a phrase he used for fucking wimen potentially with AIDS. That was the point. And again, your missing mine. You can say "If if if" as much as you want but its meaningless
    I'll concede that I misunderstood the Viet Nam reference. However, I don't think I "if if if'd" anything...

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

And Tulsi has at long last dropped out and supporting Biden. I'm sure her two delegates are heartbroken.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    And Tulsi has at long last dropped out and supporting Biden. I'm sure her two delegates are heartbroken.
    Took her long enough. What was she waiting for, her delegates to bump all the way up to three?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Took her long enough. What was she waiting for, her delegates to bump all the way up to three?
    Possibly a job offer. Dropping out gives her a little bit of leverage to maybe get something out of the Biden administration... or at least more than she would if she dropped out prior to this.

Jimmy Dore and Secular Talk praise Trump’s response to the pandemic, claiming they are outflanking the Democrats and addressing working class people better.

Meanwhile, Republicans and the White House leverage their power and push against paid sick leave and family leave provisions Democrats successfully included in their original bill.

Great! The crappy version of the bill is going to pass because Republicans stalled the bill long enough that Democrats are desperate to just get something out the door. And then folks like Dore are going to claim it is another example of the Democrats not doing enough—when their bill was stronger and they had assurances that that was what would get the president’s signature.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Isn't Florida the state with the oldest population in the country? Considering the way COVID-19 age selects combined with the refusal to act, it isn't hard to imagine Florida eventually looking like Dark Ages Europe.
    There is an unpeer reviewed article using temperature/climate data from Wuhan that show that the virus spreads better in drier conditions and colder temperatures and that it does badly in more humid and hotter areas. So Florida has that advantage. But then there is also indoor air conditioning. So really it's a toss up.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Jimmy Dore and Secular Talk praise Trump’s response to the pandemic, claiming they are outflanking the Democrats and addressing working class people better.

Meanwhile, Republicans and the White House leverage their power and push against paid sick leave and family leave provisions Democrats successfully included in their original bill.

Great! The crappy version of the bill is going to pass because Republicans stalled the bill long enough that Democrats are desperate to just get something out the door. And then folks like Dore are going to claim it is another example of the Democrats not doing enough—when their bill was stronger and they had assurances that that was what would get the president’s signature.
    This whole 'they outflanked the dems on the left!' stuff is *completely* stupid and untrue.

Also, here's a good thread from Alexandria Erin, even if I don't agree with her take completely here: https://twitter.com/AlexandraErin/st...36793432821765
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-19-2020 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This whole 'they outflanked the dems on the left!' stuff is *completely* stupid and untrue.

Also, here's a good thread from Alexandria Erin, even if I don't agree with her take completely here: https://twitter.com/AlexandraErin/st...36793432821765
    It's the party of ME FIRST. What do you expect? Did you listen to President MEMEME during his talk? That's how they all are.

When's he going to start saying all the things he did to make this worse? Never ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

https://twitter.com/alexwagner/statu...16287602118656

This secret recording of
    @SenatorBurr
    suggests some in the GOP fully grasped how serious COVID 19 would be, but refused to say so publicly -- putting American lives at risk to maintain allegiance to the Trump WH:
    Yikes.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/19/81819...ts-on-covid-19

The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee warned a small group of well-connected constituents three weeks ago to prepare for dire economic and societal effects of the coronavirus, according to a secret recording obtained by NPR.
    The remarks from U.S. Sen. Richard Burr were more stark than any he had delivered in more public forums.
    On Feb. 27, when the United States had 15 confirmed cases of COVID-19, President Trump was tamping down fears and suggesting that the virus could be seasonal.
    "It's going to disappear. One day, it's like a miracle. It will disappear," the president said then, before adding, "it could get worse before it gets better. It could maybe go away. We'll see what happens."

On that same day, Burr attended a luncheon held at a social club called the Capitol Hill Club. And he delivered a much more alarming message.
    "There's one thing that I can tell you about this: It is much more aggressive in its transmission than anything that we have seen in recent history," he said, according to a secret recording of the remarks obtained by NPR. "It is probably more akin to the 1918 pandemic."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I fear I'm running out of outrage over the abominably shitty stuff Republicans like Burr do on a daily basis.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Sounds like this guy
    Watching television is not an activity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post

The point is not that the Republicans newfound willingness to provide relief during the virus makes them somehow good, it's that it shows that the GOP never did and never will care about how to pay for social programs if it is politically expedient to do so, and that Democrats could maybe take a lesson or two from that.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The media stopped caring about her. If she was still getting interviews, she'd still be in the race.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Possibly a job offer. Dropping out gives her a little bit of leverage to maybe get something out of the Biden administration... or at least more than she would if she dropped out prior to this.
    I believe that's why Warren didn't to endorse anyone. There's a chance that either Joe or Bernie will bring her on board for some position.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post

Sounds like this guy

Meanwhile Local officials are doing it anyway.