Page 969 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 46986991995996596696796896997097197297397910191069 ... LastLast
Results 14,521 to 14,535 of 17573
  1. #14521
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I truly don't think your or Aja understand politics the way most people do honestly.
    But it's cool. You do you and keep the centrist propaganda going.
    You clearly don't, otherwise Sanders would be the nominee right now. We're not spewing propaganda. You, however, do every chance you get.

    You have a niche to fill to defend Democratic corruption under the guise of Trump bad.
    Stop projecting. You don't think Trump's bad, huh?

    Also, if TYT was obscure then why are their hosts on MSNBC, FOX, and CNN regularly?
    Doesn't sound obscure to me.
    Sam Seder is consistenyl on Msnbc with Chris Hayes.
    David Pakman and Kyle Kulinski are on Cnn or FOX,
    Nomiki Konst is on Cnn or FOX
    Alexandra Rojas is on CNN
    They are guests there, they aren't anchors. You need to get out more if you think they're not obscure.

    Spare me the trite talking point of obscure Youtube channels with billions of views.
    When a single video of theirs gets more views than a CNN or MSNBC clip.
    They don't have billions of views.

    The difference is that New media is just that, NEW, Why do you think Youtube is trying to win over the CNN's and MSNBC's?
    They see the money these "Obscure" channels are making, but want that corporate cash. But Younger viewers don't care much about Network news anymore.
    Everyone tries to get everyone's viewers, that's capitalism - not proof that new media has overcome old media. Young people aren't the only people who matter in America, had that been true Sanders would be the nominee.

    CNN and such are for the people who just watch "news" all day.

    So there's that.
    Which is a lot of people, "mainsteam news".

  2. #14522
    Incredible Member TriggerWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He's not a regular politician, and he says things that no other politician (even Republicans) can get away with. He's rude, crude and politically incorrect and I think to some there's a weird sort of appeal there.
    Its not weird, its refreshing in many ways.

    There wasn't a thing said by Clinton or Obama that didn't feel like it had been run through pollsters first to get maximum effect. And that is true of so many politicians where everything they say is so couched in harmless neutrality or political doublespeak that it feels fake. For better or worse, Trump says what he actually thinks, not what his handlers want him to say for maximum polling.

  3. #14523
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,092

    Default

    Basically buying his way to win. But I don't think it will work.

  4. #14524
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its not weird, its refreshing in many ways.

    There wasn't a thing said by Clinton or Obama that didn't feel like it had been run through pollsters first to get maximum effect. And that is true of so many politicians where everything they say is so couched in harmless neutrality or political doublespeak that it feels fake. For better or worse, Trump says what he actually thinks, not what his handlers want him to say for maximum polling.
    Which is why the world sees him as a simpleton. I keep on seeing his supporters say that they like him because he's a businessman not a politician. But given how he's driven the deficit to the trillions and if the US were a business, he would have filed for his 7th bankruptcy.

  5. #14525
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its not weird, its refreshing in many ways.

    There wasn't a thing said by Clinton or Obama that didn't feel like it had been run through pollsters first to get maximum effect. And that is true of so many politicians where everything they say is so couched in harmless neutrality or political doublespeak that it feels fake. For better or worse, Trump says what he actually thinks, not what his handlers want him to say for maximum polling.
    Except everything he says is a lie. And the people who believe him are just not that swift.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 03-26-2020 at 05:54 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  6. #14526
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its not weird, its refreshing in many ways.

    There wasn't a thing said by Clinton or Obama that didn't feel like it had been run through pollsters first to get maximum effect. And that is true of so many politicians where everything they say is so couched in harmless neutrality or political doublespeak that it feels fake. For better or worse, Trump says what he actually thinks, not what his handlers want him to say for maximum polling.
    I'm not sure he says what he actually thinks, but I do agree that his lack of filter is a major part of his appeal.

  7. #14527
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,854

    Default

    Bonanza for Rich Real Estate Investors, Tucked Into Stimulus Package

    The federal government’s planned $2 trillion economic rescue package includes financial aid for individuals and industries that are struggling to survive the coronavirus pandemic.

    It also includes a potential bonanza for America’s richest real estate investors.

    Senate Republicans inserted an easy-to-overlook provision on page 203 of the 880-page bill that would permit wealthy investors to use losses generated by real estate to minimize their taxes on profits from things like investments in the stock market. The estimated cost of the change over 10 years is $170 billion.

    Under the existing tax code, when real estate investors generate losses from gradually writing down the value of their properties, a process known as depreciation, they can use some of those losses to offset other taxes. The result is that people can enjoy big tax breaks stemming from only-on-paper losses, even if they enjoy big cash profits in the real world.

    But the use of those losses was limited by the 2017 tax-cut package. The losses could be used only to shelter the first $500,000 of a married couple’s nonbusiness income, such as capital gains from investments. Any leftover losses got rolled over to future years.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  8. #14528
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You clearly don't, otherwise Sanders would be the nominee right now. We're not spewing propaganda. You, however, do every chance you get.



    Stop projecting. You don't think Trump's bad, huh?



    They are guests there, they aren't anchors. You need to get out more if you think they're not obscure.



    They don't have billions of views.




    Everyone tries to get everyone's viewers, that's capitalism - not proof that new media has overcome old media. Young people aren't the only people who matter in America, had that been true Sanders would be the nominee.



    Which is a lot of people, "mainsteam news".
    Trummp is bad, but that alone is not going to win a shitty Democrat an election.
    People fall for Propaganda all the time, as you said "Mainstream", When you watch hours upon hours of nonsense, none of that seeps through?
    You, probably think money doesn't corrupt either huh?
    If you wanna call my posts propaganda It doesn't hurt my feelings.

    If America was honest, Sanders would be winning right now. This time isn't "rigged" per say, but as you say it was always Bidens to lose, IE. They already knew who they wanted and worked the media to prop their candidate, and shit on the others.

    That's how it works. Sorry you two don't see that. I guess it's propaganda.

    Lol...

    Over 12 million viewers (2019) are subscribed to its multiple online channels.[11] TYT has become one of the largest watched online networks with its videos seen over 8 billion times (2019).[11] TYT's millennial viewership ranks the network first for news and politics across its online platforms.[11]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Young_Turks


    Also, you can look things up on trackers... This is just for this year.
    https://www.trackalytics.com/youtube...theyoungturks/

    It's up to 12 Billion + now.
    https://join.tyt.com/join/

  9. #14529
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    People should take this seriously and nOT protect Biden.
    They're all about #metoo except when it's their guy...

    They can't say she's a Russian plant or a Bernie Bros, since she supported Warren.

    What they will do is Ignore her, and hope it goes away.

    Joe Biden Said He Believes All Women. Does He Believe Tara Reade?
    A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.

  10. #14530
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Republicans are prone to Right-Wing Propaganda, they sit and allow themselves to hate Liberals so much, they no longer believe in Science.
    Science is only good when your views aren't challenged.

    This is also the reason we just became number one in the world for Corona cases.
    Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to think the coronavirus threat is ‘exaggerated,’ new survey finds

    U.S. Now Has Highest Number Of Coronavirus Cases In The World

  11. #14531
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    People should take this seriously and nOT protect Biden.
    They're all about #metoo except when it's their guy...

    They can't say she's a Russian plant or a Bernie Bros, since she supported Warren.

    What they will do is Ignore her, and hope it goes away.

    Joe Biden Said He Believes All Women. Does He Believe Tara Reade?
    A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.
    Never mind that Russia would had to have planted her in 1993.

  12. #14532
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Its not weird, its refreshing in many ways.

    There wasn't a thing said by Clinton or Obama that didn't feel like it had been run through pollsters first to get maximum effect. And that is true of so many politicians where everything they say is so couched in harmless neutrality or political doublespeak that it feels fake. For better or worse, Trump says what he actually thinks, not what his handlers want him to say for maximum polling.
    I don’t know. Not only do I think Obama is generally cool-headed and soft spoken by nature, I think he would’ve been wracked over the coals if he had spoken as an “angry black man” in the way Trump speaks every day.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  13. #14533
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Never mind that Russia would had to have planted her in 1993.
    That’s not exactly how this stuff would’ve worked. I think that the fact that she deleted her pro-Russia posts prior to accusing Biden the first time (she waited until a year later to tell the full story) is a red flag. I also think that she not being able to get coverage despite pleading with major networks and journalists on Twitter for over a day to get coverage isn’t exactly the kind of temperament that is typical of a sexual assault survivor putting her story out there. Additionally, I think that we might eventually hear from the Washington Post and the like once they can properly vet the story. I mean, look at how much work went into the article breaking the accusations against Trump. I whole-heartedly support and want a full investigation.

    I’ve also become a lot more trigger-shy of late. Andy Signore got wrongfully accused of sexual assault (it was certainly misconduct, sure, but assault is VERY serious) and I believed Amber Heard’s accusations against Johnny Depp until we got more information. I’ve come to the conclusion that I just need more information before I start head-hunting at this point.

    EDIT: I put out a long form commentary on the subject when my friend brought it up via Facebook. You can read if you like as it lays out my full-length thoughts on the matter. I know I’m long-winded though and I understand that these topics can get really uncomfortable, particularly for those who have experience sexual assault and violence. So, I do just want to be cognizant of that. Here it is:

    To be 100% clear, my first impulse is to believe her because sexual assault is serious and over 90% of people who report it are telling the truth. It remains a consistently underreported crime because of the fact that too many people will cast aside an accusation like this because “she waited too long” and “where’s the evidence”.

    Tara Reade initially came out in April of 2019 to accuse Biden of uncomfortable interactions involving the striking of her neck. We saw that this has become a pattern of uncomfortable and too familiar behavior on Biden’s part. However, because it seems to be something Biden does to both men and women, many folks dismissed it. Now, Tara Reade has come out again and she is getting substantial coverage from pro-Sanders news sources and Conservative news outlets. However, no legitimate journalist has taken up her story despite her begging them on Twitter to do so. After they got flamed for some false accusations (among truthful ones) against Roy Moore, serious journalists are more careful. I fully support a thorough investigation, whether it is with law enforcement or with journalists. I do want to get to the bottom of this.

    But there is something else that is different about Tara Reade than 99.9% of other sexual assault accusers. Namely, it is her connection to Russia and Russian propaganda. I’m not saying this is a reason to throw out her claims; quite the opposite, we should fully vet and investigate them. However, it does make me more dubious than I typically am about such claims.

    Perhaps I draw a different line of credulity than I should. Perhaps I’m being unfair. And I don’t hold it against anyone for taking her at her word and expressing concerns about Biden. That is definitely fair. I’m just expressing why, to me, my credulity is strained until I get more information in support of these claims.

    This person takes a much more dismissive tone than I would. Again, sexual assault accusations are serious and SHOULD NOT be taken lightly. However, I think I will reserve judgment on this one, given the contrary information and the fact that the initial accusation took place a year ago with a much different story (this is separate from folks who make accusations years later, for example, given that few will hold back a whole story for another year). Should something less incontrovertible come out to support Reade (there is an unfortunate strength in numbers), I will be inclined to agree without any hard evidence or additional investigation. But, until then, I’m left in a moral gray area—which isn’t typically where I end up. I’ve been burned too much recently perhaps—I believed Amber Heard when she accused Johnny Depp of abuse and I believed the woman accusing Andy Signore of similar sexual assault charges only for the truth to demonstrate a more casual affair. And there are even more question marks here than there were initially with either of those.

    https://twitter.com/hkrassenstein/st...295963142?s=21
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-26-2020 at 05:53 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  14. #14534
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    People should take this seriously and nOT protect Biden.
    They're all about #metoo except when it's their guy...

    They can't say she's a Russian plant or a Bernie Bros, since she supported Warren.

    What they will do is Ignore her, and hope it goes away.

    Joe Biden Said He Believes All Women. Does He Believe Tara Reade?
    A former staffer says he sexually assaulted her in 1993.
    That's true if you don't count Al Franken, Anthony Weiner, Bobby Scott, Ruben Kihuen, John Conyers...

  15. #14535
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    That’s not exactly how this stuff would’ve worked. I think that the fact that she deleted her pro-Russia posts prior to accusing Biden the first time (she waited until a year later to tell the full story) is a red flag. I also think that she not being able to get coverage despite pleading with major networks and journalists on Twitter for over a day to get coverage isn’t exactly the kind of temperament that is typical of a sexual assault survivor putting her story out there. Additionally, I think that we might eventually hear from the Washington Post and the like once they can properly vet the story. I mean, look at how much work went into the article breaking the accusations against Trump. I whole-heartedly support and want a full investigation.

    I’ve also become a lot more trigger-shy of late. Andy Signore got wrongfully accused of sexual assault (it was certainly misconduct, sure, but assault is VERY serious) and I believed Amber Heard’s accusations against Johnny Depp until we got more information. I’ve come to the conclusion that I just need more information before I start head-hunting at this point.
    Considering that the Pelosi went to bat for a guy who had paid of women he had harassed until he became a liability, the idea that a "Deleted Pro-Russia Post..." somehow has the same weight as "Just Democrats Attempting To Cover This Sort Of Garbage Again..." feels a little "Iffy..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •