Page 975 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 47587592596597197297397497597697797897998510251075 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,625 of 17573
  1. #14611
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Mnuchin is saying that most American's should get their checks in about 3 weeks, which is sooner than some estimates I've been hearing, but worrisome for those who haven't been working and need that money to pay bills and buy food.
    Only if you have direct deposit via the IRS. Otherwise it could be 4 months

  2. #14612

  3. #14613
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Republicans are literally willing to sacrifice people for the sake of Profit.

    Daily Wire host (Matt Walsh) doesn't know how many COVID-19 deaths we should accept to "preserve our economy," but "it's got to be way over 35,000"

    I mean It's fine that people like me get Diabetes so the rest of the world can eat Sugar...( But that's not how Diabetes actually works...)


    Dennis Prager compares taking steps to prevent coronavirus deaths to appeasing the Nazis
    Prager: “It leads to cowardice, it has to. No one can die? Then it's not a war”


    DENNIS PRAGER (HOST): If Andrew Cuomo were, or the Andrew Cuomo attitude prevailed, we wouldn't have fought the Nazis. We wouldn't have fought the Japanese fascists. We wouldn't have had -- that attitude that the only value is saving a life, that attitude leads to appeasement. It must. It leads to cowardice, it has to. No one can die? Then it's not a war.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 03-27-2020 at 11:58 AM.

  4. #14614
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Ask the Republicans -- Democrats have been fighting for universal health care since at least the Clinton administration.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinto...e_plan_of_1993

    You're railing at politicians when the problem lies in the fact that Americans just don't vote for these policies.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-27-2020 at 11:57 AM.

  5. #14615
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Ask the Republicans -- Democrats have been fighting for universal health care since at least the Clinton administration.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinto...e_plan_of_1993

    You're railing at politicians when the problem lies in the fact that Americans just don't vote for these policies.
    I just posted a link to an article asking how we are going to pay for millions of uninsured Americans. Stop placing your biases on me.


    Teen Who Died of Covid-19 Was Denied Treatment Because He Didn't Have Health Insurance


  6. #14616
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    29,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Ask the Republicans -- Democrats have been fighting for universal health care since at least the Clinton administration.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinto...e_plan_of_1993

    You're railing at politicians when the problem lies in the fact that Americans just don't vote for these policies.
    Universal health care will always be a tough sell. Even in California, the most liberal state in the union, the idea died a quick death once people realized the $400 billion price tag was literally doubt the states budget. If something progressive can't pass in California, you're in for a long and difficult struggle everywhere else. Not saying it can't, won't or shouldn't happen... but we probably shouldn't be holding our breathes either.

  7. #14617
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    2,349

    Default

    Just heard a news report that 4 people have died on the Zaandam.

  8. #14618
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    There is something DEEPLY wrong with the Republican mindset...

    Rick Scott, who gutted Florida's unemployment system, says coronavirus stimulus will pay low-wage workers too much

    “We have a virus and we know people can’t work for a variety of reasons,” said Scott, whose net worth is estimated to be over $255 million and was partially obtained by overseeing the largest Medicare fraud in U.S. history. “We got to help them but at the moment we go back to work, we cannot create an incentive not to work. We cannot be paying people more money on unemployment than they get paid in their job."

    Lindsey Graham thinks nurses will have no incentive to work if paid more not to

  9. #14619
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Universal health care will always be a tough sell. Even in California, the most liberal state in the union, the idea died a quick death once people realized the $400 billion price tag was literally doubt the states budget. If something progressive can't pass in California, you're in for a long and difficult struggle everywhere else. Not saying it can't, won't or shouldn't happen... but we probably shouldn't be holding our breathes either.
    Agreed. Simply because Americans have as a whole, and even me for a short time, been led to believe the market will solve all our problems. But now we that that's not true at all. The Market can't solve its own problems. So we think in terms of the budget, and only when it helps us. Because as Americans we should not need help. We're the best country ever, and rugged individuals, until we actually need something, then we ask why the Government isn' helping us when on a regular day we fight against the Government we elected lol.

  10. #14620
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I just posted a link to an article asking how we are going to pay for millions of uninsured Americans. Stop placing your biases on me.
    It's not a bias -- you have made the argument in the past that we should be able to pay for universal health care before and asked why we don't.

    The problem lies in the fact that most American voters don't support these initiatives with their votes.

    My theory has always been that Americans won't do so until something forces them to understand why it should be standard.

    Granted it's the hard way to learn things but here we are.

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Universal health care will always be a tough sell. Even in California, the most liberal state in the union, the idea died a quick death once people realized the $400 billion price tag was literally doubt the states budget. If something progressive can't pass in California, you're in for a long and difficult struggle everywhere else. Not saying it can't, won't or shouldn't happen... but we probably shouldn't be holding our breathes either.
    It's possible that it can be done via incremental legislation -- relatively certain that was Obama's intent with the ACA before the Republicans used repealing and replacing "Obamacare" to help take back the House, the Senate and The White House.

    Likewise certain that's what Biden might hope to achieve as a long term goal, but not if it's against the will of the voters.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-27-2020 at 12:33 PM.

  11. #14621
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Universal health care will always be a tough sell. Even in California, the most liberal state in the union, the idea died a quick death once people realized the $400 billion price tag was literally doubt the states budget. If something progressive can't pass in California, you're in for a long and difficult struggle everywhere else. Not saying it can't, won't or shouldn't happen... but we probably shouldn't be holding our breathes either.
    Only in America is it a tough sell lol. Go to any other country and try to take it away and it’s political suicide

  12. #14622
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Can't we get a separate thread where we discuss each other instead of the issues? This back and forth is very, very tedious.

  13. #14623
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,937

    Default

    2020-03-27 (1) Hillary Clinton on Twitter He did promise America First.jpg

    Don't anyone say she doesn't have a right to be a little snarky right now. Twitter Link
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #14624
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Only in America is it a tough sell lol. Go to any other country and try to take it away and it’s political suicide
    Agreed. It's one of the reasons I'm glad I don't have much more time to have dual Citizenship in Japan and America. There I'll be covered into old age, Here I'll still have to pay.


    Another thing about America is that we are so in love with the celebrity of a person, and the bar is so low that Cuomo is now in consideration by voters lol.

    ANDREW CUOMO OVERTAKES BERNIE SANDERS IN ODDS TO BE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE AMID NEW YORK GOVERNOR'S PANDEMIC RESPONSE

    This is another reason why Democrats better get their shit together to even stand a chance against Dolt 45. When the very act of seeming like a leader for 5 minutes gets you props. When otherwise the same family and friends I have up north Despise Cuomo on a normal basis.

  15. #14625
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    15,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Republicans are literally willing to sacrifice people for the sake of Profit.

    Daily Wire host (Matt Walsh) doesn't know how many COVID-19 deaths we should accept to "preserve our economy," but "it's got to be way over 35,000"

    I mean It's fine that people like me get Diabetes so the rest of the world can eat Sugar...( But that's not how Diabetes actually works...)


    Dennis Prager compares taking steps to prevent coronavirus deaths to appeasing the Nazis
    Prager: “It leads to cowardice, it has to. No one can die? Then it's not a war”
    It's not a war. It's a disease. But, hey...the only organization that puts out more misinformation than Ben Shaprio's Daily Wire is probably Dennis Prager's PagerU which put outright lies on their YouTube channel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •