Page 628 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1285285786186246256266276286296306316326386787281128 ... LastLast
Results 9,406 to 9,420 of 17573
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So basically what this is saying to me is that we still can't get a woman president. It's rather depressing that the likelyhood is that even if you have a woman and a man running for office and they have roughly the same platform, people will just want a man in the position of power.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wouldn't write her off yet.
    Yup still rooting for her.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

She's not even guaranteed a win in her home state. She's projected to come in 4th in Nevada.

She's done.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Exactly.

While she didn't exactly catch the kind of fire folks wanted, she is still in third place when it comes to delegates and might have the money to stay in for a bit longer.

Probably not the safest bet to take it, but not "Out..." by any stretch.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    She's not even guaranteed a win in her home state. She's projected to come in 4th in Nevada.

She's done.
    I must agree, she's toast.

If I had to guess what did her in it was the sexism allegation against Sanders. It backfired terribly. While I'm no fan of Sanders he is not a sexist he is too much of a communist for that. Plus, we have Sanders on record since the 1980s' calling for a female president. As my grandmother always said - "If you tell a lie make sure it is a believable one".
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    So basically what this is saying to me is that we still can't get a woman president. It's rather depressing that the likelyhood is that even if you have a woman and a man running for office and they have roughly the same platform, people will just want a man in the position of power.
    Or...

They have to split the support, and it's a toss up.

It's like saying the deck is stacked against Klobuchar. Which is silly. She's got the percentage that she does because she has to compete with three other people to try to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post

She's done.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Exactly.

While she didn't exactly catch the kind of fire folks wanted, she is still in third place when it comes to delegates and might have the money to stay in for a bit longer.

Probably not the safest bet to take it, but not "Out..." by any stretch.
    I know it's not a good thing to speculate about, but what if Sanders has another Heart attack and is forced to drop out due to health issues? Who else except Warren stands a chance of picking up a most of his supporters?

Worse Case Scenario.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Buttigieg should get more than 3 minority supporters before he talks about someone’s campaign not being inclusive. And no white mom’s in the burbs ain’t that

I know it's not a good thing to speculate about, but what if Sanders has another Heart attack and is forced to drop out due to health issues? Who else except Warren stands a chance of picking up a most of his supporters?

Worse Case Scenario.
    Actual Worst Case Scenario...

A lot of the actual true believers(however many of them there actually are...) are so bummed that Warren might not even have much of a shot of getting them.

Worse Case Scenario.
    Bernie would have to drop out before Super Tuesday.

Warren isn't going to keep running after that. She won't stay in the race if she loses her home state.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Extraordinary Member

Oh btw the Culinary union that the media made a big fit about Bernie supporters attacking are largely pushing him to victory by all reports

If Elizabeth Warren is still in the race come the NY Primary in April, I will vote for her. That said, if Bernie is the nominee, I will vote for him in November. Understand that this is not a knock on Bernie any more than it was on Hillary when I made a similar statement four years ago. It's basically like having a favorite flavor of ice cream that you always order when you go to an ice cream shop, EXCEPT when they're out of that flavor, so you order your second favorite flavor. You don't hate that second favorite flavor. You just will only order it if your favorite flavor isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    LOL Chris Matthews is comparing Sanders winning Nevada to the fall of France to the Nazi's. Delusional
    How is it that the SNL version of Matthews is less of a caricature than the real one?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Warren blew her best chance to be the nominee when she put out that ridiculous two-stage Medicare for all plan, that everybody saw for the blatant retreat that it was. She got some momentum in the debate, because to be perfectly honest she's really the only candidate that can think up articulate responses to questions on the fly, the rest are mostly limited to spouting prepared talking points. However, I don't think that's going to be enough to revive her candidacy, although she is probably the favorite to score the VP slot if she wants to take that.