Page 549 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 494494995395455465475485495505515525535595996491049 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I was talking about Bloomberg's questionable record on race relations, not Biden or Sanders. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.
    I get what you're saying about people voting against their own interests, but I also think it's about many black voters feeling there aren't any really good options and dividing their votes accordingly.

It's also one of the reasons I say that positive campaigning can be effective, which we see playing out as Bloomberg hits the media with targeted ads, while Sanders, Buttigieg and others do little to nothing (comparatively speaking) with regards to trying to attract African-American voters.

Even Biden is getting a firsthand lesson on how he can't coast to the finish line on goodwill alone.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I get what you're saying about people voting against their own interests, but I also think it's about many black voters feeling there aren't any really good options and dividing their votes accordingly.

It's also one of the reasons I say that positive campaigning can be effective, which we see playing out as Bloomberg hits the media with targeted ads, while Sanders, Buttigieg and others do little to nothing (comparatively speaking) with regards to trying to attract African-American voters.

Even Biden is getting a firsthand lesson on how he can't coast to the finish line on goodwill alone.
    That's the biggest issue I have with the Dems....not enough of them being positive. I think Warren is getting it now, but it's too late. The doom and gloom and everything is so terrible we need a revolution may have roots in truth and the necessity to change the system. It also might be a really shitty idea from a political perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Whee is his evidence? Tom Watson is a known Bernie disliker.
    Also, Nina Turner is a woman of Color and his SPOX, there is nowehere where Gabbards would be his VP.

So again, what's disqualifying about Nina Turner?
    Bernie is old enough that anything can happen. I firmly believe that the choice of VP (for any candidate) should be based on their qualifications to assume the office of President at a moments notice. Choosing someone with little or no political or governing leadership experience is worse than McCain choosing Palin as a running mate.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    That's the biggest issue I have with the Dems....not enough of them being positive. I think Warren is getting it now, but it's too late. The doom and gloom and everything is so terrible we need a revolution may have roots in truth and the necessity to change the system. It also might be a really shitty idea from a political perspective.
    Just watched an old Sanders video that addresses that as well, but it's also a reminder that in a democracy change requires votes, not just criticism.

"These two are now quantitative strategies directors for Merrill Lynch." -- random YouTube poster
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 07:37 PM.

I don't use the term much, but talking back to cops is the very definition of white privilege.

As a black male, you have to ask yourself if "winning" an argument with a cop is worth going to jail or taking a bullet.
    I apologize. I should have made clear that I meant that when trolls on social media make the "Not all cops are racist" argument, you should push back. To be 100% honest, I'd probably be too scared to say that to a cop face-to-face, and I'm white.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I apologize. I should have made clear that I meant that when trolls on social media make the "Not all cops are racist" argument, you should push back. To be 100% honest, I'd probably be too scared to say that to a cop face-to-face, and I'm white.
    No problem -- I might have just misread the post.

Most of my interactions with cops involve saying as little as possible to them -- too many of them have tried to find a reason to lock me up for me to trust them on sight, much less give them an excuse to accuse me of resisting arrest or making them feel "threatened" and therefore obligated to use lethal force.

Watching videos of black men getting shot while going for ID helps you keep everything in perspective -- many cops are just looking for an excuse.

Sandra Bland immediately comes to mind -- all it takes is one bad officer and one bad day.

Hell, Amber Guyger proved you're not even safe from cops chilling in your own apartment.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 07:55 PM.

Also, Nina Turner is a woman of Color and his SPOX, there is nowehere where Gabbards would be his VP.

She does not have anything close to conventional qualifications for national office. She is one of over ten-thousand former state legislators in the country, and lost her most recent race, for minor statewide office, by a 2 to 1 margin.

To argue that her role as the head of a Super-Pac qualifies her for national office can make sense if her tenure was immensely and unambiguously successful. That does not appear to be the case.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ts-2018-599331
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    My voting order:

1. Klobuchar
    2. Bloomberg
    3. Biden
    4. Mayor Pete - policy wise he's probably my #2 but I'm uneasy with the idea of a president whose experience is being mayor of a city of only 100,000.

After those four I'd definitely vote 3rd party as Trump's awfulness doesn't mean we need to vote in an equally awful extreme leftist, especially if dems end up controlling the house and senate and there is no one to rein in the extremism. Policy wise Trump isn't really that radical, he's a fairly typical republican. He's just a complete douchebag in how he acts and presents himself. A Trump vs Bernie and / or Warren ticket would just be voting for how you wanted America to get ****** up the *** the next year, either way your getting ****** up the ***.
    So...

A while back someone pointed out that a reply had been a part of the problem when it came to Sanders' supporters.

The above is, almost to a letter, what I assumed this forum member's actual take was. While any forum member is entitled to their view, this is not one where there would be much of a point in discussing the actual finer points of things like if Medicare For All would create a "Net Positive..." outcome for them elsewhere.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 02-15-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Instead of coming down on Mister Mets, why not explain why Bloomberg is worse than trump. I've heard this said on other forums as well but it's never explained why.
    To me personally, it comes down to pretty simple stuff.

If the "We're The Good Guys!!!..." solution looks quite a bit like Trump?

That's worse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So...

A while back someone pointed out that a reply had been a part of the problem when it came to Sanders' supporters.

The above is, almost to a letter, what I assumed this forum member's actual take was. While any forum member is entitled to their view, this is not one where there would be much of a point in discussing the actual finer points of things like if Medicare For All would create a "Net Positive..." outcome for them elsewhere.
    Doesn't mean you don't try. He may not listen, but someone always is. Some minds won't change, but that shouldn't deter the effort to try. For appearances of goodwill if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Doesn't mean you don't try. He may not listen, but someone always is. Some minds won't change, but that shouldn't deter the effort to try. For appearances of goodwill if nothing else.
    While I guess I can see that take on paper, there's honestly no real reason to when we could just agree to politely disagree. From the looks of that post, it's pretty "My Mind Is Made Up..."

Which is fine.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Soledad is the frikkin worst. So many of these black reporters and pundits, and politicians like Meeks falling in line for Trump are disgusting and not even disappointing.
    These #resistance types will "resist" so much, they'll take a Rich white right Wing Authoritarian, buying an election over the person who gets more votes.

If Democrats run Bloomberg. The party is done.
    OK I'll bite.
    How is her stance that Bloomberg has issues but is not as bad as Trump her changing? How is it "falling in line with Trump"?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

NOBODY says that, and you and the others here, who downplay him are why we are in this mess.
    Moderates just can't accept that times change and things are changing.

It's like when you put your child to sleep and they fight it.
    Eventually, it just happens.
    Squirrel man literally posted video of a Bernie service where they chanted about "Bernie holy water."
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

She's an incredible divisive figure who admitted to vote for Jill Stein in 2016.

Hillary was right!

Just watched an old Sanders video that addresses that as well, but it's also a reminder that in a democracy change requires votes, not just criticism.

"These two are now quantitative strategies directors for Merrill Lynch." -- random YouTube poster
    Was he always old?

Hillary was right!