Page 536 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 364364865265325335345355365375385395405465866361036 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I think the polling had been hinting at this for a while. Even Biden was saying that he was going to finish in the top two in Nevada and get a win in South Carolina. Both seem like likely outcomes. The question is whether or not Bernie continues to maintain the performance he was forecasted to with moderates like Buttigieg pulling more votes from Biden and overperforming in white majority voting states while Biden only does particularly well in more diverse states.
    A second and first place finish for him, depending upon the context of course, resets the race in terms of who the front-runners are and who the after-thoughts are. A first place Bernie finish in NV clearly makes him the front runner. But an ass-kicking when black people finally get to vote and we could be right back at square one. Or Biden could flop and Super Tuesday might be the nail in his coffin. A lot could still shift.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Did the Sanders campaign pay for this foolishness?
    No, Bloomberg's did.
    BB

BANNED

Yes, because this poll doesn’t make sense

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Maybe Linley Sanders is a cousin or niece?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Every time I've been at a job with a Union, it felt like I was being forced to pay for something that never benefited me. One of those jobs was UPS, and that was definitely the case as the Union seemed to exist solely for protecting the workers who had been there for 20+ years, and the new hires all got screwed.
    This is how unions generally work, before unions came into existence companies would fire its older employees for younger and cheaper labor. This is why the unions seems to protect +20 years employees more.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    Yes, because this poll doesn’t make sense
    Why not have a poll seeing how each candidate would do against Martha Stewart in a prison cage match?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

1. Medicare for all
    2. Free college tuition
    Neither will happen even with a Bernie Sanders’ Presidency, because Congress will never go along with it.
    Sanders supporters are fooling themselves by thinking these two things will happen.
    More than 2/3 of Democrats in both houses will not go along with it either.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m for Medicare-for-all and free tuition two. But I know it’s not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    A second and first place finish for him, depending upon the context of course, resets the race in terms of who the front-runners are and who the after-thoughts are. A first place Bernie finish in NV clearly makes him the front runner. But an ass-kicking when black people finally get to vote and we could be right back at square one. Or Biden could flop and Super Tuesday might be the nail in his coffin. A lot could still shift.
    Sanders is currently polling in fourth place in Florida, behind Bloomberg, Biden, Buttigieg (or as I like to call them, the 3 B's). He's one point ahead of Klobuchar. A few states like that will definitely change the conversation about his chances.
    The only problem: We don't really have a clear front runner.

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I don't get this poll. This is if Trump dies, the GOP does not run a candidate and Sanders runs as an independent against the various Democrats?
    Point of the poll is that when you take it out of a multi person primary and measure up how people feel with Sanders vs every individual nominee, he becomes the favorite of the voters. So basically while all of them together might be able to pull a majority from Sanders, no individual is stronger.

IE the Trump phenomena in 16. Trump kept winning a plurality, but people thought the majority would eventually consolidate around one canidate not named Trump as people left, but that never happened. Here it kind of shows that as the field weakens, Bernie Sanders will pull enough from whoever leaves to maintain a lead. His worst case scenario right now is that the last two standing are him and Warren or him and him and Boden because it's a close race. But literally anyone else and it's a run away for him. As people start dropping out, he'll start adding to his lead.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    I think Biden should win SC. But there's a reason he skipped Nevada and went there and why polling is looking poorly for him there. Internal polling. It's been telegraphed for awhile. Biden's problem now is that SC might not mean much when they get there because you'll have one guy with 3 wins and he'll only get a really red state that isn't even helpful for a general while he is perceived as someone who is blowing it going into Super Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member

Why not have a poll seeing how each candidate would do against Martha Stewart in a prison cage match?
    If you can't understand the purpose of head to heads I don't know what to tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    If you can't understand the purpose of head to heads I don't know what to tell you.
    In a primary contest?

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Point of the poll is that when you take it out of a multi person primary and measure up how people feel with Sanders vs every individual nominee, he becomes the favorite of the voters. So basically while all of them together might be able to pull a majority from Sanders, no individual is stronger.

IE the Trump phenomena in 16. Trump kept winning a plurality, but people thought the majority would eventually consolidate around one canidate not named Trump as people left, but that never happened. Here it kind of shows that as the field weakens, Bernie Sanders will pull enough from whoever leaves to maintain a lead. His worst case scenario right now is that the last two standing are him and Warren or him and him and Boden because it's a close race. But literally anyone else and it's a run away for him. As people start dropping out, he'll start adding to his lead.
    I don't think a national head to head poll gives you that info at all. It's an exercise in futility, and I do notice that somebody named Sanders was involved in creating that poll.

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Sanders is currently polling in fourth place in Florida, behind Bloomberg, Biden, Buttigieg (or as I like to call them, the 3 B's). He's one point ahead of Klobuchar. A few states like that will definitely change the conversation about his chances.
    The only problem: We don't really have a clear front runner.
    Florida is after Super Tuesday. The entire landscape will be different by then. Realistically, Buttigieg won't be viable and we'll see if Biden and Bloomberg win a struggle or if they cannabilize each other

I don't get this poll. This is if Trump dies, the GOP does not run a candidate and Sanders runs as an independent against the various Democrats?
    It's among Democrats, and suggests that under current circumstances if the race came down to two candidates, Sanders wins. That goes against the theory that eventually the majority of the party will coalesce around someone else.

It is possible that some other candidates do poorly because of low name recognition or temporary bad buzz. I'm not sure half of Democrats know who Klobuchar is, and it's possible Biden would have different numbers following the positive publicity of a second-place win in Nevada, and a first place win in South Carolina.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets