Page 543 of 1032 FirstFirst ... 43443493533539540541542543544545546547553593643 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 15471
  1. #8131
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,770

    Default

    In between Tazirai claiming a Snopes article they themselves linkto to says the opposite of what it says and Knight just refusing to re-read something he overlooked, Berners aren't looking like very honest brokers on this thread.

  2. #8132
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    In between Tazirai claiming a Snopes article they themselves linkto to says the opposite of what it says and Knight just refusing to re-read something he overlooked, Berners aren't looking like very honest brokers on this thread.
    If I were you I wouldn't talk about being an honest broker. My problem with Leviathen is that he took an inconsistant viewpoint from the one he took mere days ago on precisely the same subject matter and took wildly different interpretations while trying to prop himself up as consistent. My problem with Paul is that he simply tried to dismiss head to heads in a primary as not being useful and then used polls in a general that were actually mostly accurate (sorry the margin of error is an accounted for factor in all polls).

    But at least they offer real discussion. You on the other hand could never post again and the content of this thread would remain unchanged because you don't really offer any besides crying about people who disagree with you. Like at least be useful and relevant

  3. #8133
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4,307

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Strawman. Again. even with me making it bright big and green.

    On ignore you go.
    Putting the content in big green letters doesn't change the fact that you are wrong. Within the closing weeks the last polls all had Hillary in a national win and in tight races in the swing states that went to Trump all falling under the margin of error. They were by and large correct. We are currently two weeks out from Super Tuesday and then have two primaries right before them. Those trends matter because there are immediate relevant elections and candidates are starting to drop out and you will get a wave of drop outs in a couple of weeks. Which make the head to heads important.

    I'll put it simpler for you, your data and understanding of polls is factually wrong and smarter people than you or I have already analyzed that matter to death.

  4. #8134
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I certainly don't think African-Americans are a hivemind. The post above yours showed Bloomberg with 19 percent.

    If someone says they certainly won't vote for Bloomberg over Trump, there are three possibilities.
    1. Trump's reelection isn't that big a deal. This is reassuring.
    2. Bloomberg is uniquely terrible in a way that the overwhelming majority of officeholders are not. This case hasn't quite been made.
    3. The person has a flawed understanding of politics, and we should not take what they say seriously. This seems rude to believe.
    Aren't you from New York? It should be evident that he's terrible in a way others are not.

    I repeat do you actually know a single black person? And not in some bullshit, "I work with Bill" sense of "know".

    I very much doubt it based your repeated displays of ignorance regarding black culture, history, interest, art, etc.

    Basically any time you opine on anything black you just fill the forum with either disinformation or "JAQ" nonsense.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  5. #8135
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    This happened about 5 miles from my house.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  6. #8136
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  7. #8137
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,311

    Default

    2020-02-15 Ilhan Omar on Twitter Bernie is the most admired candidate Bernie leads national poll.jpg

    Bernie walks on water

    Bernie makes the sun shine

    Bernie makes the birds sing

    Bernie makes the flowers bloom

    ......give me a break

    Only two states have voted, out of 50 +non-state associated areas. This Bernie worship is getting embarrassing.

    Twitter Link
    Last edited by Tami; 02-15-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  8. #8138
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    This happened about 5 miles from my house.
    When I read it, my first thought was that this is NUTS! I had an image in my mind of groups of police officers hunting for targets to arrest for no reason.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  9. #8139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    Aren't you from New York? It should be evident that he's terrible in a way others are not.

    I repeat do you actually know a single black person? And not in some bullshit, "I work with Bill" sense of "know".

    I very much doubt it based your repeated displays of ignorance regarding black culture, history, interest, art, etc.

    Basically any time you opine on anything black you just fill the forum with either disinformation or "JAQ" nonsense.
    I am from New York. I still haven't seen the argument that Bloomberg is uniquely terrible in a way that the overwhelming majority of officeholders are not (the latter half is key).

    Yes, I do know black people, although I do also think it's not a great idea to argue about people's characters and background. I try not to do that here. I'm sure it's not always successful, but even this current chain of posts was a response to a comment someone had made, and not anything from outside of it.

    If you think I've repeatedly said things that no reasonable person could believe, that would suggest displays of ignorance regarding black culture, history, interest, art, etc. bring up the specific points and I'll respond to it. But I don't see any point to arguing about impressions or memories. Something you think I've said might have been misunderstood or come from someone else.

  10. #8140
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    When I read it, my first thought was that this is NUTS! I had an image in my mind of groups of police officers hunting for targets to arrest for no reason.

    For the last year or so there have been a lot of juvenile joy-ride related car thefts, and a few shootings that resulted on shots fired complaints but rarely injury.

    Despite the facts the cops know where the "high crime" is (which encompass a few square blocks) they've been handling it in the dumbest way possible by basically adopting a bunker mentality and targeting all black youths, in one instance this included initiating a highspeed chase that resulted in the death of a bystander.

    Over a stolen car.

    This is the Iowa/Illinois border and the entire metro area is about 400K people and maybe 150 sq mi, surrounded by nothing for 60 miles in any direction.

    There isn't really a reason you ever need to chase someone through town because it's not like there is anywhere to go. Plus we have cameras at every major intersection, so you could just wait and come get them later after you watch the footage.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-15-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  11. #8141
    Genesis of A Nemesis KOSLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I am from New York. I still haven't seen the argument that Bloomberg is uniquely terrible in a way that the overwhelming majority of officeholders are not (the latter half is key).

    Yes, I do know black people, although I do also think it's not a great idea to argue about people's characters and background. I try not to do that here. I'm sure it's not always successful, but even this current chain of posts was a response to a comment someone had made, and not anything from outside of it.

    If you think I've repeatedly said things that no reasonable person could believe, that would suggest displays of ignorance regarding black culture, history, interest, art, etc. bring up the specific points and I'll respond to it. But I don't see any point to arguing about impressions or memories. Something you think I've said might have been misunderstood or come from someone else.
    This will take a while and there are many examples. Any chance you can start and pin a thread titled "anti-black policies and comments Mister Mets has supported" and I'll just drop them all there as I comb through?

    Or are we cool with just assuming I'm smart enough to remember Mister Mets, whom I've established I remember clearly as a New Yorker and teacher, is probably being correctly attributed? Or am I supposed to just be cool with you gaslighting?
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 02-15-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Strange Adventures, Far Sector, The Last God.

  12. #8142
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    When I read it, my first thought was that this is NUTS! I had an image in my mind of groups of police officers hunting for targets to arrest for no reason.
    I've been handcuffed before because I "matched the profile" -- it's not that uncommon an experience.

    Usually they pull me over -- or stop me in the streets -- and ask for ID based on a charge like "no bike light" or "jaywalking" on a college campus, where everyone is doing the same all around me while I get singled out for ticketing.

    They've done the same over a fake "tail light charge" and most recently claiming I turned from the wrong lane when the "right" lane was blocked off for construction.

    They then proceeded to accuse me of "having something in the glove compartment" and "having false registration" and that "maybe my car was stolen" while they ran my ID to see if they could find something to pin on me, but instead took twenty five minutes questioning me before finally writing me a ticket.

    Same thing happened in Hollywood when I was standing outside my apartment -- ran my ID while asking where I lived, when I lived right across the street.



    As an African-Amercan, it's just a fact of life that you have to deal with in America, and hope that whatever cop that pulls you over isn't trigger happy.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-15-2020 at 10:22 AM.

  13. #8143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    This will take a while and there are many examples. Any chance you can start and pin a thread titled "anti-black policies and comments Mister Mets has supported" and I'll just drop them all there as I comb through?

    Or are we cool with just assuming I'm smart enough to remember Mister Mets, whom I've established I remember clearly as a New Yorker and teacher, is probably being correctly attributed? Or am I supposed to just be cool with you gaslighting?
    I am legitimately interested in the statements and views I've expressed that are so outrageous as to suggest I don't know any black people.

  14. #8144
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I've been handcuffed before because I "matched the profile" -- it's not that uncommon an experience.

    Usually they pull me over -- or stop me in the streets -- and ask for ID based on a charge like "no bike light" or "jaywalking" on a college campus, where everyone is doing the same all around me while I get singled out for ticketing.

    They've done the same over a fake "tail light charge" and most recently claiming I turned from the wrong lane when the "right" lane was blocked off for construction.

    They then proceeded to accuse me of "having something in the glove compartment" and "having false registration" and that "maybe my car was stolen" while they ran my ID to see if they could find something to pin on me, but instead took twenty five minutes questioning me before finally writing me a ticket.

    Same thing happened in Hollywood when I was standing outside my apartment -- ran my ID while asking where I lived, when I lived right across the street.



    As an African-Amercan, it's just a fact of life that you have to deal with in America, and hope that whatever cop that pulls you over isn't trigger happy.
    As a white female, I can say that I have never experienced anything like this. The closest I ever came was once, when I was a teenager and had a day off from High School, I walked to a large department store and the security guard stopped me from entering. He questioned me as to why I wasn't in school, which i explained to him. Then told me I wasn't allowed in without an adult and told me to leave.

    99% of the time, any interaction that I have have had has been polite, even at times generous. Which, I know is a bias in my favor but being stopped by a police officer, for any reason, can be scary.

    If it's scary for me, I can only imagine it must be downright terrifying for African Americans and other people of color.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  15. #8145
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    833

    Default

    Instead of coming down on Mister Mets, why not explain why Bloomberg is worse than trump. I've heard this said on other forums as well but it's never explained why.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •