Page 545 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 454454955355415425435445455465475485495555956451045 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,175 of 17573

2020-02-15 Tom Watson on Twitter Important story on Bernie's potential Veep choice as I've been .jpg

It's stuff like this that reinforce my dislike of Bernie Sanders. I'm seeing McCain/Palin only worse.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    And smarter people than you realized that when Paul gave you three chances to read that he wrote "2008 primaries", he wasn't talking about Trump, who only ran in 2000 and 2016.
    Actually you’re half right. He referenced both. Either way the primary polls did have Obama winning Iowa which was his springboard. But yeah I read the whole thing and assumed he meant 2016 the whole way. Either way he still has an inaccurate reflection of polls at the time

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Actually you’re half right. He referenced both. Either way the primary polls did have Obama winning Iowa which was his springboard. But yeah I read the whole thing and assumed he meant 2016 the whole way. Either way he still has an inaccurate reflection of polls at the time
    Clearly you did not. And doubled down. And tripled down. And quadrupled down.

I've rarely been this entertained. Thank you again.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post

#4874: The one where Mets tells black people to be civil

I'd have to pull up cache'd versions to get more since the site only lets me go back twenty pages and Mets gets tagged A LOT.
    What do you disagree with in those posts?

In your response to the first post, you suggest I engage in the rhetorical strategy of using anecdotal evidence about the views of back people I know. I can't recall doing that but I'm also pretty sure I refer to anecdotal evidence of any sort less than most posters here.

The latter post wasn't about anything I expect of black people, but in response to a comment about past behavior from the board liberals.

If you want to look up relevant posts, you could narrow the search for comments by username and then seek out potentially controversial key words.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Clearly you did not. And doubled down. And tripled down. And quadrupled down.

I've rarely been this entertained. Thank you again.
    And unlike you and most people you agree with I have the integrity to admit being wrong. That is something you yourself have never had the integrity to do. But I’m glad the most blatant resident troll who pops in to cry about Bernie Sanders supporters every day is entertainer, you seem to really need it haha

Intermediary

Forum rules aside

people don't need to be "civil" when the person they are engaging is supportive of a malicious position (like the one the current sitting WH administration is)

I have 2 trans friends in the military who are going to be discharged in about 6 months through no fault of their own

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    And unlike you and most people you agree with I have the integrity to admit being wrong. That is something you yourself have never had the integrity to do. But I’m glad the most blatant resident troll who pops in to cry about Bernie Sanders supporters every day is entertainer, you seem to really need it haha
    We all need to be entertainer.

Attorney general's actions spark outrage and unease among US prosecutors

New York (CNN)As the clash between Justice Department leaders and career prosecutors in the case of President Donald Trump's longtime friend Roger Stone spilled into public earlier this week, the leaders of the public-corruption unit in the Manhattan US attorney's office sat on a courtroom bench, watching with unease as the news flashed across their cell phone screens.

Those prosecutors, who had put Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen in prison, were in court Tuesday to oversee the trial of another politically tinged defendant, Michael Avenatti, the celebrity lawyer who has claimed Trump as his nemesis. For them, the prospect of interference in sensitive cases carries particularly high stakes.

And beyond New York, the Stone situation has reverberated across the country in the past few days, with prosecutors incensed over the apparent intervention by Attorney General William Barr to lighten the sentencing recommendation for Trump's ally, along with fear of what some perceive as a growing political directive coming from Washington.

On the West Coast, one federal prosecutor said there was an overwhelming sense of "outrage" felt in his office.

A prosecutor on the East Coast voiced concern about the potential impact of political interference on juries and judges, who could perceive that cases aren't being brought objectively.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Progressive activists bring fake coffin to Joe Biden fundraiser in Manhattan last night

If "centrists" did this at a St. Bernard revival meeting, we'd be accused of making death threats.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    2020-02-15 Tom Watson on Twitter Important story on Bernie's potential Veep choice as I've been .jpg

It's stuff like this that reinforce my dislike of Bernie Sanders. I'm seeing McCain/Palin only worse.
    Bernie would do something that insane, because he cares more about loyalty to him than appealing to a broader Dem coalition.

This guy put it best:

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Forum rules aside

people don't need to be "civil" when the person they are engaging is supportive of a malicious position (like the one the current sitting WH administration is)

I have 2 trans friends in the military who are going to be discharged in about 6 months through no fault of their own
    It is defensible to argue against the need for civility. The goal posts are different if the claim is that an individual or a particular side has been especially civil.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Intermediary

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It is defensible to argue against the need for civility. The goal posts are different if there claim is that you or your side has been particularly civil.
    people who support members of our volunteer military being banned or discharged because of who they are do not deserve civility

these are typically the same people who get all flag wavey about "Support The Troops"

GOP senator says it appears Trump hasn't learned anything
    Newsroom
    Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski says there have not been indicators that President Trump has learned any lessons from being impeached.

Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    He was actually a city mayor in one of the largest african american demographic area and stewarded and championed policies that were not only hostile toward black people, but resulted in their deaths and disinfranchisement. Then claimed they were necessary.

As a black person I'm not voting for him, period point blank. Trump or Bloomberg both want to see people that look like me dead or in jail.
    I ask this purely out of curiosity: given your strong feelings, how is it that Bloomberg is polling so (relatively) well among black voters? What do you think is leading to that given the other negatives that are motivating your stance?