Page 1032 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 325329329821022102810291030103110321033103410351036104210821132 ... LastLast
Results 15,466 to 15,480 of 17573
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    From what I have read elsewhere, neither the apology nor the resignation were voluntary, but ordered by either the SecDef or the head on the Joint Chiefs. You didn't think one of President Snowflake's cronies would do the right thing on their own, did you?
    Nope. Like that old saying goes, I may have been born at night, but not LAST night.

Can’t blame Murphy for the decision he made, given the abnormal number of cases and deaths in New Jersey. I haven’t been near any of Philly’s major parks, but at all basketball courts in schoolyards and rec centers, the rims were taken down to prevent kids (and adults) from gathering for pickup hoops games. That’s how seriously the city is taking the crisis and the need for social distancing.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 04-08-2020 at 03:12 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I disagree. Sure, there were a lot of idiots out and about in Chicago that made the Mayor force her hand. But where I live there are a lot of parks with enough trails to easily accommodate the social separation order. And I think it's good for people to get out into the fresh air if they live in an apt. building with no yard of their own.
    I agree that getting out in the fresh air is important, especially for those living in the highest density areas, in apartment buildings and so on. The problem is that there are some areas that, when one person goes there, a whole crowd of people go there.

Walking trails should be made available, as long as people keep their distance. Public parks where most people go to gather, play games, or do other things in close proximity to each other is a different story.

I don't think Gov Murphy has said anything about not walking, it's the gathering part that is the problem. And in NJ we're on on way to becoming even more of a hot spot(s) than NYC was.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired

President Dumpf did get one thing right. As a rule corona viruses don't do well in the summer months. It's not that it's hot exactly, but the increased ultra-violet destroys the molecular bonds of the virus. So going outside in the sun probably does keep you healthy--as long as you're not in contact with unhealthy folks. However, the problem is we live on a wobbly sphere where, as the days get longer in one part of our orb, the days get shorter in another part. So the virus can survive in the darker parts--which is the southern hemisphere for us right now. And it also happens that some of the poorest nations are in the southern hemisphere, with inadequate health care. This is why foreign aid is so important--helping others helps yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    President Dumpf did get one thing right. As a rule corona viruses don't do well in the summer months. It's not that it's hot exactly, but the increased ultra-violet destroys the molecular bonds of the virus. So going outside in the sun probably does keep you healthy--as long as you're not in contact with unhealthy folks. However, the problem is we live on a wobbly sphere where, as the days get longer in one part of our orb, the days get shorter in another part. So the virus can survive in the darker parts--which is the southern hemisphere for us right now. And it also happens that some of the poorest nations are in the southern hemisphere, with inadequate health care. This is why foreign aid is so important--helping others helps yourself.
    Problem is, Trump's timing. He sends US supplies out to other countries (probably more to get them to be nice to him) when we need it most. When the time comes when we don't need it here, that's when we might have it, finally. Only do you really think Trump would ever send humanitarian aid to Africa or South America?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Problem is, Trump's timing. He sends US supplies out to other countries (probably more to get them to be nice to him) when we need it most. When the time comes when we don't need it here, that's when we might have it, finally. Only do you really think Trump would ever send humanitarian aid to Africa or South America?
    Trump? Send aid to countries chock full of brown and black skinned people? To quote the immortal Ted Kord:

"BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Not happening.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Republicans are always insisting we do not allow for easier access to voting because of "voting fraud" and how illegals might rig the election, even though such cases are either isolated or non-existent, and yet they get their way. Especially during times of crisis.

Meanwhile, you got this lunkhead going "It's okay for me to do it because I can do it, but they can't do it because they're not me".

I checked my bank account, and it looks like I got my $1200. I added direct deposit to my 2019 Tax return, so that's probably why. My husband gets Social Security Direct Deposit, so he'll have to check his bank account later to see if he also received $1200.

Anyone else get there money?

I checked my bank account, and it looks like I got my $1200. I added direct deposit to my 2019 Tax return, so that's probably why. My husband gets Social Security Direct Deposit, so he'll have to check his bank account later to see if he also received $1200.

Wy foilks haven't gotten there's yet. Not sure when they will, but it won't be too long I imagine.

Just checked my account. Nope, nothing yet.

Astonishing Member

Past online content from trump's new press secretary are coming up. Just another racist with 'alternative facts'.

Remember Trump calling Obama’s response to H1N1 “disastrous” despite the fact it originated here (so, unlike Trump, had no lead time) and had only a few months in office before being faced with it? Well, COVID-19’s death toll has officially surpassed the H1N1’s tally. And despite all his quibbles with the Inspector General, she did release a report on the Obama Administration’s response, saying that it was overall successful, but there were many areas for improvement. Trump probably doesn’t think he is gonna get “high marks” like these, huh?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Bernie's dropping out. More to come later.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I am pleasantly surprised.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-08-2020 at 02:29 PM. Reason: a-hole-ectomy
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Bernie's dropping out. More to come later.
    Sucks, but given what's going on in the country, I'm hoping Biden focuses his energy on making sure this never happens again.

Key word; hoping.