Page 679 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729779 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    As the stock market crash is trending on twitter, a reminder that both supposed Trump tweets about what should be done to the president during such crashes are actually false. I find it infuriating that with all the stupid and evil tweets out there, people feel the need to create fake ones.

So what do you guys think how deep the DJI is going to dip? My guess is down to 22,500 points within the next 8 business days, and a bumpy up and down stretch after that.
    Early and late retirements are what is being divested the most.

That is really bad news because that's money that's never coming back into the market.

It's starting to look like whatever drops out will stay on level.

2K in 2 days is crazy.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

As the stock market crash is trending on twitter, a reminder that both supposed Trump tweets about what should be done to the president during such crashes are actually false. I find it infuriating that with all the stupid and evil tweets out there, people feel the need to create fake ones.

So what do you guys think how deep the DJI is going to dip? My guess is down to 22,500 points within the next 8 business days, and a bumpy up and down stretch after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Early and late retirements are what is being divested the most.

That is really bad news because that's money that's never coming back into the market.

It's starting to look like whatever drops out will stay on level.

2K in 2 days is crazy.
    I'm starting to wonder how long this might go on. Like, the reporting is the incompetence of the Trump administration has only made us potentially more vulnerable to coronavirus' spread. Putting Mike Pence in charge of response, when he already allowed an HIV pandemic on his watch isn't soothing any fears. The whistleblower report that they sent in a response team without ANY protection is mind-numbing in its ignorance.

This morning, Mick Mulvaney whined from the White House that the media reporting on the disease was "a plot" to bring down Trump.

That would be the acting White House Chief of Staff projecting his own fears that this is far from over, and potentially that he doesn't know how bad it's going to get. By the end of March, the Dow Jones might be lower than it was when Trump took office. Who knew that letting a mentally ill, incompetent man run the nation and fire the entire pandemic response team at the CDC could end up with something like this?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

I find those stock market corrections quite rational.

If you do a search for the word "canceled" on twitter, you find out that the corona scare has led to several major trade show cancellations already: international tourism show in Berlin, mobile phone show in Barcelona, huge auto show in Geneva. Can you imagine how many thousands of deals would have been made?

People in China, South Korea, Italy, Germany etc. stock up on groceries and detergent, but they don't go shopping for fashion and furniture if they can avoid it. Factories are closed if there is just one confirmed case of corona virus.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    So, my friends who takes South Carolina?

I'm conflicted. I must say. I think there is a 55% chance Sanders beats Biden due to his momentum and youth vote, but barely, and a 45% chance Biden's "Southern Fire Wall" holds. I'm the least certain of this outcome than of any state yet.
    Biden wins but perhaps not as comfortably as he hoped.

This is what the Coronavirus will do to the Economy. It will affect the Travel businesses, so airlines, cruise lines, hotels, gambling, etc...and ancillary businesses. It will also disrupt the supply chain for manufacturing, mostly from China, but other countries as well. The question is, how much. We simply don't know how deep or long lasting these things will be. If they are slight and the virus is under control, the markets and the economy bounces back, if it is more severe, we go into a downturn. But it is unknowable right now and that is why the traders and funds (who really control the markets) are selling.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

The thing is, the risks posed by the coronavirus have been known for months, it's just that for some reason we decided to spend the entire time mocking the Chinese government for its ineffective response rather than making any real preparations of our own, and now that it has begun to spread to other countries the extent of our negligence has been revealed which is why markets panicked. Honestly, even given the demonstrated incompetence of this administration, I had always assumed that they have at least been setting up some kind of contingency plan just in case we see a major outbreak here, but judging by what we've seen the last few days it does really look like they have done absolutely nothing, which is mind-boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The thing is, the risks posed by the coronavirus have been known for months, it's just that for some reason we decided to spend the entire time mocking the Chinese government for its ineffective response rather than making any real preparations of our own, and now that it has begun to spread to other countries the extent of our negligence has been revealed which is why markets panicked. Honestly, even given the demonstrated incompetence of this administration, I had always assumed that they have at least been setting up some kind of contingency plan just in case we see a major outbreak here, but judging by what we've seen the last few days it does really look like they have done absolutely nothing, which is mind-boggling.
    Obama set up one in place, Trump actually fired the White House Pandemic Team. And Pence being in charge is a sad joke.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

A yougov poll that I nearly missed because right wing realclearlpolitics decided to skip publishing it on their site, as they will.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Nate Silver:

It is not clear if Sanders is steady, rising or falling.

It does seem pretty clear that Biden is rising.

We're now up to 3 out of 3 post-debate polls that have him >20% (YouGov, Morning Consult, SurveyUSA), which hasn't been happening much lately.

Hillary was right!

Biden didn't completely throw up on himself in the last debate, therefore he takes the lead.

*shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Biden didn't completely throw up on himself in the last debate, therefore he takes the lead.

*shrugs*
    He also got some nice endorsements, like James Clyburn and Tim Kaine. Plus he should write Liz Warren a nice "thank you" card for moidering Bloomberg. Moderates who might have felt that Bloomberg was a more electable choice have probably come back to Joe. And a few undecided were just... Biden their time.

Hillary was right!

He also got some nice endorsements, like James Clyburn and Tim Kaine. Plus he should write Liz Warren a nice "thank you" card for moidering Bloomberg. Moderates who might have felt that Bloomberg was a more electable choice have probably come back to Joe. And a few undecided were just... Biden their time.

The issue with the Coronoa Virus is that its both "not super bad" and "dangerous enough to notice". Its effectively super-flu and just like Flu it really only kills the elderly, the young and those with underlying health issues. Not to say it cant kill the average person but only if it gets too far gone (like the Flu). The issue is we have no vaccine and the media are making it sound like Ebola, when OG Flu kills more people every year.

Of course be careful, wash your hands etc and follow the governments advice (at least for me since the UKs is fairly sensible).
    Last edited by jetengine; 02-28-2020 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

*shrugs*
    LOL, thanks for the laugh. It's funny 'cause it's true.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I find those stock market corrections quite rational.

If you do a search for the word "canceled" on twitter, you find out that the corona scare has led to several major trade show cancellations already: international tourism show in Berlin, mobile phone show in Barcelona, huge auto show in Geneva. Can you imagine how many thousands of deals would have been made?

People in China, South Korea, Italy, Germany etc. stock up on groceries and detergent, but they don't go shopping for fashion and furniture if they can avoid it. Factories are closed if there is just one confirmed case of corona virus.
    Perhaps THE biggest cancellation of all if the coronavirus is left unchecked could be the Summer Olympics in Tokyo. I’ve heard and read reports that if the virus isn’t under control by May, the Games could be postponed or axed altogether.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!