Page 283 of 569 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 8524
  1. #4231
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    He honeymooned in the Soviet Union, while political prisoners there were being tortured to death. I don't think he has anything against a monster like Tulsi Gabbard.
    Didn't you defend Stalin when I said he was a bad dude? Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else if so I apologize if not WTH!?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  2. #4232
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    So..that suggests that you seriously think she might make a worse President than the Donald?
    Equally bad, IMO. She is saner but is also a heartless con artist who will say anything to keep power while selling us all out behind the scenes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  3. #4233
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Didn't you defend Stalin when I said he was a bad dude? Maybe I'm mixing you up with someone else if so I apologize if not WTH!?
    I don't think anybody on this board ever defended Stalin. It is very clear that you are nothing but a sad troll to be ignored.

  4. #4234
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I don't think anybody on this board ever defended Stalin. It is very clear that you are nothing but a sad troll to be ignored.
    And here based upon many of your comments I think you are a troll. Takes one to know one, I suppose.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  5. #4235
    Mighty Member SquirrelMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    And here based upon many of your comments I think you are a troll. Takes one to know one, I suppose.
    "I am not, you are!"
    an 8 year old troll, I guess.

  6. #4236
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    There is also footage of Bernie saying he would support the idea of a woman president in the 1980s', long before the idea was more mainstream. I've seen it in the past and am looking for the clips online now. Warren's claim is ridiculous.
    Because people's opinions don't change in 4 decades?

  7. #4237
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    "I am not, you are!"
    an 8 year old troll, I guess.
    Hahaha, what a fool you are. Smearing Sanders because he visited the Soviet Union decades ago. He Rusbot because the establishment tells me so, comrade. I cannot think for myself. I mindlessly spread propaganda. I don't even like Sanders and I know life is not cut & dry.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  8. #4238
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Because people's opinions don't change in 4 decades?
    That's not really even something that points to the possibility "Sorta..." being likely.

  9. #4239
    Fantastic Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Equally bad, IMO. She is saner but is also a heartless con artist who will say anything to keep power while selling us all out behind the scenes.
    You're too hard on her, and I don't like Warren.

    She'll be better than Trump by a 1000% and even better than Obama. I'm not going to excuse her for throwing Bernie under the bus to save her campaign but I think the idea came from her staff and they convinced her to do it.

    She' not heartless, she's desperate.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

  10. #4240
    Fantastic Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Because people's opinions don't change in 4 decades?
    He thought Warren should run in 2016. Bernie only entered the race because Warren wasn't going to.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

  11. #4241
    Astonishing Member PwrdOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    You're too hard on her, and I don't like Warren.

    She'll be better than Trump by a 1000% and even better than Obama. I'm not going to excuse her for throwing Bernie under the bus to save her campaign but I think the idea came from her staff and they convinced her to do it.

    She' not heartless, she's desperate.
    The sad thing is this would have never been necessary had she not backpedaled so hard on Medicare for All, that completely killed the momentum she had going and it's unlikely that this current kerfuffle or anything else will help her get it back.

  12. #4242
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The sad thing is this would have never been necessary had she not backpedaled so hard on Medicare for All, that completely killed the momentum she had going and it's unlikely that this current kerfuffle or anything else will help her get it back.
    Exactly, this is a large part of the reason I can't support her. She waffles on important issues which makes me suspect she never believed in them at all, rather she was using her support of them to con voters.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  13. #4243
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    You're too hard on her, and I don't like Warren.

    She'll be better than Trump by a 1000% and even better than Obama. I'm not going to excuse her for throwing Bernie under the bus to save her campaign but I think the idea came from her staff and they convinced her to do it.

    She' not heartless, she's desperate.
    I'll give you that, I did overreact lol.

    Still, Warren is right at the bottom of my list of semi-acceptable choices. I simply don't trust her.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  14. #4244
    Fantastic Member Superbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The sad thing is this would have never been necessary had she not backpedaled so hard on Medicare for All, that completely killed the momentum she had going and it's unlikely that this current kerfuffle or anything else will help her get it back.
    Pundits are saying she has bad political instincts, and I have to agree.

    Her going after Bernie has backfired. I'm seeing die-hard anti-Bernie people taking his side. Her campaign is already trying to backpedal.

    "Elizabeth Warren’s Campaign Is Telling Key Supporters To De-Escalate The Fight With Bernie Sanders

    Insinuating that Sanders is sexist would be “really bad news for us,” a campaign official cautioned supporters in a pro-Warren group chat.

    At one point in a lengthy DM to the Twitter group on Tuesday morning, the Warren staffer’s description of the controversy hewed closer to Sanders’s description than Warren’s. “Claiming you’re worried a woman can’t win/flagging that she’ll receive sexist attacks is something many, many people feel,” the campaign official wrote.

    The distinction has become a knotty point of conflict in a controversy that touches on real concerns among Iowa voters about sexism, a general election against a candidate like Donald Trump, and whether the country is ready to elect a woman president."

    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...t-deescalation
    Last edited by Superbat; 01-14-2020 at 03:23 PM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

  15. #4245
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Pundits are saying she has bad political instincts, and I have to agree.

    Her going after Bernie has backfired. I'm seeing die-hard anti-Bernie people taking his side. Her campaign is already trying to backpedal....
    I'm one of them. While I'm not a diehard anti-Bernie person I'm no diehard fan of his either. Warrens' allegation simply does not match up to what I've seen & heard from Bernie over the decades (as an ardent political junkie). It does not pass the smell test.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •