Page 290 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 190240280286287288289290291292293294300340390790 ... LastLast
Results 4,336 to 4,350 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Last nights debate convinced me Trump would win. Democrats are more divided than ever and didn’t learn a thing over the last 4 years. So stupid.
    I guarantee that every candidate on the stage will support and campaign for whoever is the nominee. The only supporters of any of them I question is of course Sanders. Supporters of any of the others will also back the candidate.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The DNC already has chosen the nominee like they did in the previous election 4 years ago. They don't care about the people's choice. Democrats didn’t learn a thing at all over the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    The DNC already has chosen the nominee like they did in the previous election 4 years ago. They don't care about the people's choice. Democrats didn’t learn a thing at all over the last 4 years.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    This old garbage. Hillary got 3 million more Democratic primary votes than Bernie. No one was cheated.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This is why WBE never runs out of materials

Twitter Link
    Madam Pearl Clutcher is either ignorant, stupid, or both. My vote is for both.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    This old garbage. Hillary got 3 million more Democratic primary votes than Bernie. No one was cheated.
    Unless just anyone could vote in a Democratic primary, I'd say that the idea that "No One Was Cheated..." is only true if you take a pretty narrow view of the whole thing.

I get why the Party would, but the idea that the party doesn't have a favored nominee is just silly.

I guarantee that every candidate on the stage will support and campaign for whoever is the nominee. The only supporters of any of them I question is of course Sanders. Supporters of any of the others will also back the candidate.
    If you don't think the supporters of Booker/Yang/Harris/Castro might just be ticked enough to not bother showing up, you are making a potentially costly assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you don't think the supporters of Booker/Yang/Harris/Castro might just be ticked enough to not bother showing up, you are making a potentially costly assumption.
    I have seen no evidence that they won't. The spectre of Trump will bring them to the polls. Not that they shouldn't be apealledto.

Unless just anyone could vote in a Democratic primary, I'd say that the idea that "No One Was Cheated..." is only true if you take a pretty narrow view of the whole thing.

I get why the Party would, but the idea that the party doesn't have a favored nominee is just silly.
    Not sure what you mean. Each State has its own formula. 2016was no different than previous years.

I have seen no evidence that they won't. The spectre of Trump will bring them to the polls. Not that they shouldn't be apealledto.
    That you haven't seen evidence has nothing to do with it being a possibility. There is an entirely realistic scenario don't make much of a fuss before they just don't bother voting.

However I felt about the early lay of the debates during the last nomination, this was some far hotter garbage. There was no solid reason that the entire field couldn't wind up in all of the debates until the close of last year. Some of the reasons folks withdrew would have happened not matter what. Not logical reason to potentially tick off folks for no real benefit.

Not sure what you mean. Each State has its own formula. 2016was no different than previous years.
    If there are any instances why anyone couldn't walk in and vote for Sander in a Democratic primary, it's silly to assert that "No One Got Cheated..." Plenty of Americans supported Sanders who probably didn't get to take part in the Democratic primary process without jumping through the parties' hoops.

While I get why the party would, it doesn't get to do that and say "No One Was Cheated..."

If we started making the same voting rules for the General, people would rightly flip there wigs.

If there are any instances why anyone couldn't walk in and vote for Sander in a Democratic primary, it's silly to assert that "No One Got Cheated..." Plenty of Americans supported Sanders who probably didn't get to take part in the Democratic primary process without jumping through the parties' hoops.

While I get why the party would, it doesn't get to do that and say "No One Was Cheated..."
    Oh brother.

If we started making the same voting rules for the General, people would rightly flip there wigs.
    So because the 2016 primaries were conducted like every other primary. And not complete open non-party affiliation you want, Bernie was cheated?

Oh brother in deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Oh brother.
    Just like I'd say "Oh, brother..." to a party that's like "Well, we ain't actually cheating anyone out of being involved here..." while you would have to register with a party that had a direct hand in voting for the Iraq War/played a direct role in mass incarceration/has consistently drug it's heels on even discussing reasonable drug laws to participate in some of it's primaries.

So because the 2016 primaries were conducted like every other primary. And not complete open non-party affiliation you want, Bernie was cheated?

Oh brother in deed.
    No.

Voters were cheated.

As for "Conducted Like Every Other Primary..."?

That's either...

- A Provably "Hot Garbage..." Assertion

or

- The Democratic Party Is Worse Than Even I Think That They Are