Page 286 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Not that I like it! But by looking at the comments you're playing the game of the populists, arguing between yourself instead of banding to fight Trump, then you will weaken the democrat candidate and Trump will be reelected. look at what is happening in UK, mates. The same causes produce the same results.
    Several of us have, in fact, been pointing this out for some time now.

A few steps from Trump?!!! You really believe what you're saying? And you didn't say you would vote for a third party?
    Yes, I do believe what I say. She is a known con artist and con artists can be dangerous.

I've said in the past I've voted for a third party but this time I've decided to vote for the Democratic candidate whomever it may be. I still would prefer it not be Warren.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think you'll start to see a big change post-Primaries (I hope). I see this as trial by fire. If the Democratic candidates can't take the heat now, there is no way they can survive Trump's Nuclear meltdown in the general election.
    No, this is weakening your candidates, there's no trial by fire when democracy is at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yes, I do believe what I say. She is a known con artist and con artists can be dangerous.

I've said in the past I've voted for a third party but this time I've decided to vote for the Democratic candidate whomever it may be. I still would prefer it not be Warren.
    This is absurd.

Clarification: I mean, I'm glad you'll vote blue, it's important to understand that, but I don't think you reading of Warren is a fair one. At all.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 01-14-2020 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    This is absurd.
    You believe what you want. I'll believe what I want.

Edit - And I think you're reading of Warren is wrong. No way Bernie Sanders said what she claimed he did. She is lying for political advantage I'd stake my life on it.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-14-2020 at 10:28 PM.

Incredible Member

Several of us have, in fact, been pointing this out for some time now.
    I know there are lots of good people like you here who understand what is at stake. I read this thread often, I sometimes reply and I'm often ignored (what can a french guy understand about US politics), but what I'm seeing right now is a foretelling of the downfall of the US, because good people won't listen and agree with each other. Is that native american heritage claim by Warren such an horrible thing in front of someone who brings you close to war everyday? Someone who attacks the poor while golfing at the expense of the taxpayer? Someone who gave in to the white supremacist? Someone who defrauded charities? Need I continue?

Astonishing Member

I've heard this argument from people for years and I don't buy into the zero-sum game. But yes, I would vote for Warren if I have no other choice (I've already said this). I'd prefer not as I feel she is only a few steps up from Trump.
    Imagine spending most of your career fighting for consumer rights, calling out big banks and Wall Street to the point where they are visibly terrified whenever your name pops up, even running for Senate just to try and gain some measure of control over the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau program you helped mastermind before it gets torn to giblets by the GOP, only to have some towering intellect on the internet call you a fraud and 'a few steps from Trump'.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Imagine spending most of your career fighting for consumer rights, calling out big banks and Wall Street to the point where they are visibly terrified whenever your name pops up, even running for Senate just to try and gain some measure of control over the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau program you helped mastermind before it gets torn to giblets by the GOP, only to have some towering intellect on the internet call you a fraud and 'a few steps from Trump'.
    It wouldn't bother me if the situation were reversed. Free speech is the cornerstone of democracy.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-14-2020 at 10:56 PM.

You believe what you want. I'll believe what I want.

Edit - And I think you're reading of Warren is wrong. No way Bernie Sanders said what she claimed he did. She is lying for political advantage I'd stake my life on it.
    Yes, I'm sure there's no way Bernie said anything that could be perceived as saying a woman can't get elected two years after the first major female candidate for president lost a campaign in which misogyny was a huge factor -- and no way in which that misogyny continues to be a major factor in American politics whatsoever.

That said, I think this is exactly the kind of discussion we shouldn't be having and I think the story was leaked intentionally so as to create a controversy and depress turn out for two of the more progressive candidates.

Yes, I'm sure there's no way Bernie said anything that could be perceived as saying a woman can't get elected two years after the first major female candidate for president lost a campaign in which misogyny was a huge factor -- and no way in which that misogyny continues to be a major factor in American politics whatsoever.

That said, I think this is exactly the kind of discussion we shouldn't be having and I think the story was leaked intentionally so as to create a controversy and depress turn out for two of the more progressive candidates.
    I don't care about Progressivism in all honesty, I'm more center-left. Although I do understand why people are fed up with our system. I don't approve of Warren. But I agree. We should not be having this discussion it derails the thread. I won't say anymore.

Incredible Member

The most important thing for you all is to fight Trumpism, to vote and make people vote, because if you lose you will no longer have anything to fight for.

The most important thing for you all is to fight Trumpism, to vote and make people vote, because if you lose you will no longer have anything to fight for.
    We'll have the Empire and millions of Sith Troopers. They have shiny red armor, which is nice. Sorry, I couldn't resist some gallows humor.

Tonight's debate might have hurt Bernie enough to give Biden the win in Iowa.

This was the hardest the moderators have been on him.

There's still some weeks left so whatever damage was done can be fixed but I'm still worried.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

No, this is weakening your candidates, there's no trial by fire when democracy is at stake.
    Under normal circumstances maybe, but this is "Russia, if your listening", "Do us a favor, though", "Lock her up" Trump they are going against. You can't save Democracy by playing nice against someone like that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.