Page 289 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389789 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 17573

Arrow

Cenk Uyger does not believe Warren, thinks she "misinterpreted" Sander's comments. Blames CNN for Democratic infighting. -

So yes, the Left is very disunited in this country. To think otherwise is to deny reality.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-15-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I know there are lots of good people like you here who understand what is at stake. I read this thread often, I sometimes reply and I'm often ignored (what can a french guy understand about US politics), but what I'm seeing right now is a foretelling of the downfall of the US, because good people won't listen and agree with each other. Is that native american heritage claim by Warren such an horrible thing in front of someone who brings you close to war everyday? Someone who attacks the poor while golfing at the expense of the taxpayer? Someone who gave in to the white supremacist? Someone who defrauded charities? Need I continue?
    You get it. I wish more people did. The left is too idealistic, and that leads to it fracturing and respecting the opposition to play by the rules, which they plainly do not. The right is openly, blatantly cheating on EVERY possible front, as well as betraying every progressive ideal that America was supposedly founded on, but Warren erroneously claimed she had Native American blood (a common myth MANY families told during the resurgence of New Age beliefs in the late 60s/early 70s among young white people trying to feel less like the historic oppressors we have been) is a dealbreaker to some. Donald Trump brags about sexual assault, but Bernie hasn't been to a Pride parade, so that's a dealbreaker to some. Mitch McConnell gloated about obstructing the proper functions of government during the Obama administration, but Pete Buttigeig had a fund raiser in a wine cave, so that invalidates him.

And so on, and so on. The old saw that "The Left falls in love, while the Right fall in line," is so clearly, painfully illustrated as true, right here on these boards daily. Look at how the likes of Mets, an otherwise intelligent, well-spoken man, makes excuse after excuse for the daily Right Wing horrorshow to see how well the Right falls in line, reality be damned. And look no further than the various factions of leftist who proudly and fervently support their guy (or gal) over all the rest to the point of protest voting, not voting at all, or voting for the Right Wing just to stick a finger in the eye of the 'so-called' leftists who didn't support the One True Leftist Candidate (whoever that is).

Edit: As I continued reading, I'm glad to see that we are agreeing to put some of the fanaticism aside, and that's good. Less attacking the 'heretics' who don't support The One True Leftist (whoever that is to you), more focusing on defeating the ACTUAL threat currently running the nation into the ground (and those who defend and excuse him...) is a good thing.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-15-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Last nights debate convinced me Trump would win. Democrats are more divided than ever and didn’t learn a thing over the last 4 years. So stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Last nights debate convinced me Trump would win. Democrats are more divided than ever and didn’t learn a thing over the last 4 years. So stupid.
    I would say Biden is the best hope, however, I highly suspect many "Progressives" will sit this one out, or vote for a third candidate if Sanders or Warren isn't the nominee. By way of contrast, you can bet the Right will vote for Trump no matter what. This is my fear and why I think Trump will likely win unless something changes.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

A bit ironic you saying that.

How brilliant was it by Pelosi to drag things out. This Parnas stuff... man. Smoking guns all around.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

How about we wait until a candidate is chosen and the election actually happens, ‘kay?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    That's not getting a pass, that's the opposite of a pass. A pass is when you do something and it's ignored, this is when you do nothing and people sit on it forever like they're planning on burrowing in to hibernate through the winter.
    Perhaps pass isn't the right word. I don't think that particular issue has been as scrutinized and weaponized against her by the left as it would be against Bernie or Biden or even Klobuchar.

I think her status as a bonafide liberal (read: not a moderate or centrist) shields her from what would otherwise be a more steady attack from the left on that issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    Biden's lead is huge in a new Florida primary poll but Bernie has the biggest lead against Trump in the general.

https://business.fau.edu/departments...len-behind.php
    Good poll for Bernie. But if polls showed Biden was sure to deliver Florida......it should be a no brainer to nominate him right? I mean, in terms of the EC, delivering that state almost assures victory.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    How about we wait until a candidate is chosen and the election actually happens, ‘kay?
    I for one don't see what is happening as all that bad. After the primary, I am confident that all this will be set aside and everyone will work together.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Farealmer View Post
    A bit ironic you saying that.
    It’s really not besides a preconceived bias you may may have had. I already said I would vote for those still in the running

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I for one don't see what is happening as all that bad. After the primary, I am confident that all this will be set aside and everyone will work together.
    I don't know that I would make that assumption.

While I've said this before, I don't think that the entirety of Sanders' supporters are bound to wind up voting for someone like Biden. Never mind that you have a situation where the way the Party put the debate rules together knocked every minority candidate out of the debates by January.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I don't know that I would make that assumption.

While I've said this before, I don't think that the entirety of Sanders' supporters are bound to wind up voting for someone like Biden. Never mind that you have a situation where the way the Party put the debate rules together knocked every minority candidate out of the debates by January.
    I wasn't referring to the 'supporters'. I was mostly referring to the candidates and former candidates, and the majority of voters who aren't thinking with their egos, but with their heads.

This is why WBE never runs out of materials

Susan Collins throws cold water on new Lev Parnas evidence. “I wonder why the House did not put that into the record and it’s only now being revealed.” Told it was just turned over, she says: “well doesn’t that suggest that the House did an incomplete job then?”
    Twitter Link

Astonishing Member

You all act like infighting is a rarity with dems.