Page 892 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 392792842882888889890891892893894895896902942992 ... LastLast
Results 13,366 to 13,380 of 17573

A freeze is not a cut, Lyin Taziray.

Get your autographed stock market crash photos here.

Every MAGA supporter needs one!

We cannot forget the largest drop in history happened under his watch.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

In all fairness, the "crash" is due to Covid-19, not Trumper.

I guess "God" doesn't like Trump anymore, aw well...
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    In all fairness, it only drops every time Trump announces a plan to intervene.

I guess Hoover didn't have a role in the last stock market crash, either?

Come on, son, be better.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    In all fairness, it only drops everything he announces a plan to intervene.
    Ah, I think it'd be dropping anyway people are losing their minds over this ****. Plus China the "Warehouse of the World" got smacked pretty bad.
    Last edited by Celgress; 03-16-2020 at 01:30 PM.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

He said he got tested.... but I don't believe him.

Asked what it was like to take the test, Trump says, "Not, not uh - something I want to do everyday...you know, it's a little bit of a -- it's a little bit of -- good doctors in the White House, but it's a test. It's a test. It's a medical test. Nothing pleasant about it."

Ah, I think it'd be dropping away people are losing their minds over this ****. Plus China the "Warehouse of the World" got smacked pretty bad.
    The futures were actually flat to near up just a tiny bit then the Fed came in with this emergency measure announcement rate drop to near zero and the futures dropped big time.

Not the reaction the Fed was expecting.

But that's what happened in 2008, 2000, 1987, 1973, etc. everytime the rate is dropped, it causes massive problems.

I thought the GOP learned that last time ... I guess not.

Every single time 45 announces an economic plan, the gains fall out and turn into losses.

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

That's not COVID-19, that's failed leadership and failed plans (the same ones that didn't work last time).
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-16-2020 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Ohio Pushes back Primary until June 2nd. Absentee ballets will be accepted until then according to Dewine.
    So it's looking like June will have it's own Super Tuesday.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

See this is the thing I hate about Sanders' most hardcore fans/supporters they are absolutists. An all or nothing mentality in politics typically leads to failure at best a disaster at worst.
    Except that with Trump getting nothing is actually the best a progressive can hope for. 'I will take as much of what you already had as I can manage' is what the guy has been trying to do since he took the office.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

I guess "God" doesn't like Trump anymore, aw well...
    He definitely does have a roll to play. If you are lying one day and saying that the cases will soon drop to 0 then the next couple days you are declaring a national emergency and we still cant find test kits that erodes confidence in this being handled. He had to be shamed into appointing a task force. And then he appoints fucking Pence for the job.

He doesn't know how to comfort the nation, calm people down that's never been who he is. He spent the vast majority of his presidency relishing in dividing us purposefully. So when he says its time to come together and work together it seems fake and disingenuous. No one should have been surprised though. He was never one for a plan or listening to advice or believing in science and medical experts until now hes forced too.

Then there is the oil crisis which is back burner now but that's partially him as well. He had Kushner palling around with MBS selling him weapons while he ordered journalists to be cut apart. Now when we need him and Putin to quit fucking around with oil prices he has no leverage? Cant talk to them at all?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    So, assuming Bernie does drop out... how long Tulsi run the farce of a campaign?
    Maybe she's just hoping both guys will die and she'll win by default?

..........nah. Democrats would probably just hand off to Buttigieg or Warren in that case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Maybe because if we have Trump replacing justices like Breyer and RBG, it won’t matter if you get a Sanders or AOC presidency in a few years. All of their policy proposals will be shot down by the Courts. And, yeah, I know it happened with FDR, but, at the time, FDR still had four friendly justices on the Court and only needed one to switch to give him the needed majority to make his policies constitutional. How well will that work when public opinion is more divided about your plans than FDR’s AND there is a 7-2 Conservative majority on the Supreme Court? You don’t have to like Biden. But at least vote to ensure that Medicare For All, should it happen, won’t be struck down by a Conservative court.
    I totally get the courts argument, but let's not forget that the Democrats pretty much didn't fight McConnell at all on blocking Merrick Garland's nomination because they all assumed that Hillary was going to win the election and render that moot, never mind that Republican senators were already claiming that they were committed to fighting her on this for the next four years if need be. I don't trust Biden one bit to hold firm here, I can totally see him compromising by finding the most right wing black woman in the nation and putting her on the court because yay representation, and then act all shocked and dismayed when she sides with the conservative justices on everything leading to the exact scenario you described anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    ....That's not COVID-19, that's failed leadership and failed plans (the same ones that didn't work last time).
    Unlike you, I'm not certain of this. Besides Covid-19 there are other factors at play including that Saudi Arabia and Russia are presently engaged in a brutal price war over crude oil.

What's behind Saudi Arabia's oil price war with Russia?

https://www.aljazeera.com/programmes...114308947.html

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    But Biden already promised to veto it.
    It’s about beyond 2024. The justices picked under Biden will be the ones deciding constitutionality of the law. Biden isn’t arguing the constitutional question of it—just how it will be paid for. His justices will be less concerned with fiscal constraints and only that constructional question. If Biden leaves office in 2024 and a new president comes in and gets it passed to law, his justices will be much better about it than Trump’s.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    It’s about beyond 2024. The justices picked under Biden will be the ones deciding constitutionality of the law. Biden isn’t arguing the constitutional question of it—just how it will be paid for. His justices will be less concerned with fiscal constraints and only that constructional question. If Biden leaves office in 2024 and a new president comes in and gets it passed to law, his justices will be much better about it than Trump’s.
    That's an excellent point. One has to think long-term in politics.