Page 151 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 17573
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Democrats are always worried about the deficit. The issue is, how Democrats and Republicans want to cut the deficit are different, and the Democratic approach often involves taxation on the wealthiest Americans (who tend to avoid paying taxes to begin with), which is usually spun by the right-wing noise machine as "taxation on the middle class", thus forcing them to avoid saying the t-word since the average American is only going to hear "tax" and rant about how taxes are too damn high in spite of the fact that taxes are constantly getting lowered to make everyone happy.

Thing is, the longer Pete has been going on this campaign, the more the veneer has faded off and the more he's become more and more like Tulsi Gabbard. He has shown a while back he will be bought out by special interest groups, making him a prime target to be bought by Big Pharma and Big Corporations, and his inability to handle race relations makes him inadequate to deal with the growing hostility in both law enforcement and at immigration. I am regretting the fact that I suggested he should have taken the Democratic nomination for governor in Indiana, because at least there are socially liberal candidates trying to make a case now (but I still say John Zody will pick John Gregg until I'm proved otherwise by the 2020 primary) because holy ****, this guy's got skeletons in his closet.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    He should. Because it's not only digging at his own party, it's a bulls*** claim, when you look at how Democratic presidents have cut the deficit for the past quarter century, while GOP Presidents have ballooned it to ridiculous levels.

Methinks Buttigieg may have just crushed any momentum that he had built.
    Let's look at it this way; Bill Clinton left the office with a surplus. When George W. Bush was elected, the deficit skyrocketed to astronomical levels, and although the Obama administration began with the deficit at its highest, by the time he left, it had fallen below half a trillion dollars. Now that we're in the Trump administration, estimates have the deficit going back up over the trillion mark in 2020.

As much as Republicans wanna paint Democrats as spend-thrift, pork barrel nimrods who can't be trusted with the government credit card, the reality is that the federal deficit is shrunk during Democratic terms while it balloons due to Republican policies, which are often attributed to military campaigns and "make good" promises with companies during the campaign, while giving tax benefits to the one part of the social class who deserves it the absolute least.

We already live in hell.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/toys-r-us-is...iza-1840202297

There’s also the little detail in an NBC report that b8ta, the company who partnered with Tru Kids to create the new Toys “R” Us store, has installed dozens of sensors in the ceiling of the store to “monitor traffic patterns and shopper cadence” to see where kids and parents are going and what brands they’re more attracted to. That’s right: Toys “R” Us is monitoring where kids go to produce data for brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Big Brother is not the government. Big Brother is corporate America.

He should. Because it's not only digging at his own party, it's a bulls*** claim, when you look at how Democratic presidents have cut the deficit for the past quarter century, while GOP Presidents have ballooned it to ridiculous levels.

Methinks Buttigieg may have just crushed any momentum that he had built.
    This is good news for Bloomberg. Mayor Pete and Uncle Joe are the two people whose lane he occupies. Anything bad for either one is good news for him. I'm not so sure how good that is for the rest of us in the end.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Democrats are always worried about the deficit. The issue is, how Democrats and Republicans want to cut the deficit are different, and the Democratic approach often involves taxation on the wealthiest Americans (who tend to avoid paying taxes to begin with), which is usually spun by the right-wing noise machine as "taxation on the middle class", thus forcing them to avoid saying the t-word since the average American is only going to hear "tax" and rant about how taxes are too damn high in spite of the fact that taxes are constantly getting lowered to make everyone happy.

Thing is, the longer Pete has been going on this campaign, the more the veneer has faded off and the more he's become more and more like Tulsi Gabbard. He has shown a while back he will be bought out by special interest groups, making him a prime target to be bought by Big Pharma and Big Corporations, and his inability to handle race relations makes him inadequate to deal with the growing hostility in both law enforcement and at immigration. I am regretting the fact that I suggested he should have taken the Democratic nomination for governor in Indiana, because at least there are socially liberal candidates trying to make a case now (but I still say John Zody will pick John Gregg until I'm proved otherwise by the 2020 primary) because holy ****, this guy's got skeletons in his closet.
    Shown?

That guy has been giving of a vibe that would make Homie The Clown suspicious from day one.

..did...did you seriously invoke Homie the clown? Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Shown?

That guy has been giving of a vibe that would make Homie The Clown suspicious from day one.
    Nah, he was able to fool a few of us early on, but now I'm able to see through the act and the more I want to see his campaign crash and burn.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Nah, he was able to fool a few of us early on, but now I'm able to see through the act and the more I want to see his campaign crash and burn.
    Seriously?

Amy Klobuchar has felt more "Likely To Buck 'Business As Usual'..." the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    ..did...did you seriously invoke Homie the clown? Jesus.
    Dude, these are the jokes.

Everyone knows that Homey D. Clown(actual intended reference) and Homie The Clown(The Joke) are not one in the same.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Some follow up on GOP Rep. Doug Collins and his attempt at grandstanding at the hearings the other day. In addition to making his master Trump happy, he was angling to get appointed to the soon to be vacant Senate seat for the state of Georgia. GOP Sen. Johnny Isakson will step down on Dec. 31. BTW I wonder if he is one of those GOP who'd rather leave office than go against the rest of the zombified GOP. Trump has been pressing the Georgia's governor Brian Kemp to put up Collins for the Senate. But low and behold, he defied Trump and appointed financial services rep Kelly Loeffer instead. She's no prize either because she is against the impeachment proceedings. But maybe she's not a hair on fire idiot like Collins. It's been reported that the Governor did take her to Washington to meet Trump to assure him of her loyalty.

So after all the sound and fury Doug Collins gets nothing. He will have to run for the Senate when the special election comes up.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-06-2019 at 11:03 AM.

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — Authorities plan to investigate whether a freshman Kansas congressman broke state laws by listing a UPS Inc. store as his address on a voter registration form and for obtaining a mail-in ballot in a November election.

The questions about Rep. Steve Watkins come as some fellow Republicans hope to oust him during the August 2020 primary. State Treasurer Jake LaTurner is challenging him for the GOP nomination, having jumped into the race at the urging of former Republican Gov. Jeff Colyer.

Watkins' spokesman said Wednesday that the congressman's use of the UPS store's address in southwest Topeka was an inadvertent mistake that will be corrected. But Watkins' use of the address raised questions about the legality of his last registration and whether he improperly voted Nov. 5 in local races and on a state ballot question.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/kansas-go...185246335.html

While there were obviously far more important things taking place in the world Thursday, I did catch this on the local evening news...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...cqm-story.html

Feds charge R. Kelly with bribing official in Illinois to marry 15-year-old singer Aaliyah in 1994

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    You must have missed this line in the article.

"But the investigation went dormant under Shokin."

The guy may have been claiming he would investigate, but away from the cameras he was not only not doing anything, he was preventing anyone else from doing anything either. Bursima was under suspicion in other countries, and none of them could get any cooperation from Shokin.

"The investigation went dormant under Shokin."

Again, Joe Biden, by removing a prosecutor who was refusing to investigate the company Hunter worked at, actually exposed his son to risk that wasn't there before. Which sounds like the opposite of corruption.
    The prosecutor that replaced Shokin let Burisma/Zlochevsky off the hook swiftly according to the same source. Where was the outrage? Where was Biden withholding millions of dollars in a second quid pro quo to get a new prosecutor? Strange how the prosecutor who vowed to keep investigating Burisma was pressured to be fired while the one who simply let them off the hook is a-okay. That's not fishy at all.

Also, the source that worstblogever's article used to claim that the investigation went 'dormant' was a document published by the Atlantic Council, an international business think-tank which coincidentally has received $100,000 per year for three years from... Burisma Holdings... ever since Shokan was fired according to Wikipedia. Seems like a pretty big conflict of interest.

(On a related note, I'm having a devil of a time finding the name of the second prosecutor. I must have clicked on a dozen articles about Shokin's dismissal and none of them name his replacement. If anyone knows it, could you kindly furnish the name?)

Amazing that you're repeatedly posting the same debunked conspiracy theory in virtually every post you make, as if the more it's said, the more it becomes true. It doesn't.

See, people think that folks are still susceptible to gaslighting, or when folks start JAQ-ing off in a political discussion.

*checks post history*

Well, seems to confirm what I suspected. Seeing you bickering with a user for defending a Nazi, complaining about Antifa, and griping about your dad being supposedly turned against you by MSNBC and Dailykos. Certainly no reason why you would be looking to spread right-wing propaganda created by the Russians about the Bidens.

It's about to be 2020. Nobody's buying what you're selling, comrade.
    In other words, you have absolutely nothing to debunk the basic story that even your two sources clearly lay out. I went through your links step by step, read them carefully, and responded to them here. In turn, you ignore everything I said and attack me personally for having the temerity to hold a different opinion and actually READ the articles you post rather than circle jerking to the headlines without delving into the meat of the matter. I suppose I should have expected intellectually dishonest responses from someone who still calls anyone he disagrees with a Russian when it's almost 2020. Learn to let go, man. People learned to read and think for themselves and do their own research--I know that's hard for you to understand.
    Last edited by TheManInBlack; 12-06-2019 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    In other words, you have absolutely nothing to debunk the basic story that even your two sources clearly lay out. I went through your links step by step, read them carefully, and responded to them here. In turn, you ignore everything I said and attack me personally for having the temerity to hold a different opinion and actually READ the articles you post rather than circle jerking to the headlines without delving into the meat of the matter. I suppose I should have expected intellectually dishonest responses from someone who still calls anyone he disagrees with a Russian when it's almost 2020. Learn to let go, man. People learned to read and think for themselves and do their own research--I know that's hard for you to understand.
    I mean, you still have responded to the bits that were pointed out to you as cratering your whole argument, so quit your projecting.