Page 153 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 531031431491501511521531541551561571632032536531153 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Seriously? You're so incapable of defending your position that you've resorted to taking issue with me even naming the company that's the basis of the discussion? While repeatedly ignoring each and every point I've made, including the majority that I practically copy/pasted from the very article you shared? I'm in awe. Truly. I mean, it's hard to completely dislike you since I love your Metalocalypse avatar, but you're probably the most frustrating person I've tried to have a conversation with in months. You win. I can't have a discussion with someone who refuses to do anything other than hurl child-like insults while ignoring every word I post.
    The only argument you have is that maybe Hunter Biden got hjis job for his name. Nothing else is going on, and the stuff you've tried to portray as fishy is only fish in Trumpworld, and accusations of 'but his unqualified son got a job!' is particularly hilarious coming from there.

The rest of what you've stated is hogwash, speculation, and conjecture.

I mean, removing that prosecutor was an act of bipartisan accord. Trying to pretend that it is was somehow about protecting Hunter Biden is absurd and you won't find us terribly willing to entertain fringe Trumpist conspiracies here.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-06-2019 at 04:02 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

When it comes to nepotism and profiting off a family name, Hunter Biden is the worst sort of amateur compared to Ivanka, Jared (those two have top secret White House security clearances for god's sake), Don Junior and Eric. What the hell are we talking about here? The Trump kids have been shamelessly scamming and grifting off Daddy Dumbbucks from day one and that doesn't get mentioned nearly as much as this small potatoes nonsense with the Bidens which is nothing more than mudslinging to make Joe look bad and weaken him in the eyes of Democrats.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    When it comes to nepotism and profiting off a family name, Hunter Biden is the worst sort of amateur compared to Ivanka, Jared (those two have top secret White House security clearances for god's sake), Don Junior and Eric. What the hell are we talking about here? The Trump kids have been shamelessly scamming and grifting off Daddy Dumbbucks from day one and that doesn't get mentioned nearly as much as this small potatoes nonsense with the Bidens which is nothing more than mudslinging to make Joe look bad and weaken him in the eyes of Democrats.
    I wish someone would do an investigation on the Trump clan. It's long past due for all of their dirty secrets to be made public in a Congressional hearing.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

OH WBE!!!!

State Rep. Ashley Henley, a Southaven Republican, is asking the GOP-led Mississippi House to overturn the results of the election she narrowly lost to Democrat Hester Jackson-McCray.

Jackson-McCray won the Nov. 5 general election by 14 votes, according to election results certified this week by the Secretary of State’s office.

Henley filed the election challenge on Wednesday, according to a copy of the challenge obtained by Mississippi Today. In the petition, Henley writes that several findings of her ballot box examination show a failure “to adhere to proper election procedures to insure a fair and legitimate election” under state law.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Saw this myself. It's absurd.

Another GOP retirement, this time in Georgia.

Rep. Tom Graves announced Thursday he will not seek reelection in 2020, joining the growing ranks of House Republicans heading for the exits in the current election cycle.
    Citing “a new season in life,” Graves said he will join his family members “in their new and unique journeys” as his wife nears retirement and his three children enter adulthood.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...irement-076436

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Another GOP retirement, this time in Georgia.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/1...irement-076436
    "A new season in life", code for, "I'm sick and tired of dealing with the **** coming out of the Trump White House and I'm getting out while I'm still sane".

Shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola; at least 2 dead, multiple injured

At least two people were killed and multiple others were injured after a shooting at a naval base in Pensacola, Florida, on Friday morning, according to the U.S. Navy.

The shooter at Naval Air Station Pensacola has also been confirmed dead, according to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office and the Navy.

"Active shooter is deceased. One additional fatality has been confirmed. Unknown number of injured people being transferred to local hospitals," a Navy tweet said.

Uber discloses 3,000 reports of sexual assault on U.S. rides last year in its long-awaited safety study

Uber has disclosed that 3,000 sexual assaults were reported on its U.S. rides last year, the first time it has revealed the scale of the safety problem that exists at ride-hailing companies.

The reported assaults were part of Uber’s long-awaited safety study, published Thursday amid widespread and ongoing criticism of its safety practices and pressure to increase its transparency about the issue.

In the lengthy report, which divides sexual misconduct into 21 categories but focuses on the five most serious, Uber said it recorded 235 rapes last year and thousands more reports of assault that could involve unwanted touching, kissing or attempted rape. The reports involved drivers and passengers. The company tallied roughly 6,000 reports of those types of assault in 2017 and 2018.

The report also examined other safety categories, including motor-vehicle deaths and violent crimes such as physical assaults. Uber said there were 107 motor-vehicle fatalities in 2017 and 2018, with a total of 97 fatal crashes involving users on the app. The company also said there were 19 fatal physical assaults over the same time period, during which it said an average of more than 3.1 million trips took place each day.

A lot of Brits are completely baffled by the London Transport Executive/Uber saga. Basically Uber has failed to meet its licensing conditions to operate in London for 2 to 3 years now..but continues operating because it keeps appealing the licensing decisions via the courts.

There’s also the fact that Uber dodges all sorts of employee rights requirements (by claiming the drivers aren’t employees) such as annual holidays, minimum hourly pay, etc.

Obviously one of those big companies that it’s good to be a customer of, but crap to work for.

Laurence O'Donnell raked him over the coals last night for that.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I wish someone would do an investigation on the Trump clan. It's long past due for all of their dirty secrets to be made public in a Congressional hearing.
    Nobody in the medio or law enforcement really cares about criming by white Republicans.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    LOL

The two worst at this were George W Bush and Hilary Clinton.

Both road the coattails of their more famous family member into politics. The Trump clan and Biden clan have merely gotten business dealings. George W Bush actually got to be a governor and then president and Hilary Clinton got be Senator of a state she didn't even live in and then secretary of state and then almost got to be president. Not by anything they earned but by the name recognition they got.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    LOL

The two worst at this were George W Bush and Hilary Clinton.

Both road the coattails of their more famous family member into politics. The Trump clan and Biden clan have merely gotten business dealings. George W Bush actually got to be a governor and then president and Hilary Clinton got be Senator of a state she didn't even live in and then secretary of state and then almost got to be president. Not by anything they earned but by the name recognition they got.
    Saying Secretary Clinton is in any way similar to Bush jr is somewhat silly. She proved her qualifications again and again and she was a very popular secretary of state and a successful and popular Senator. She made it in spite of Bill, not because of him.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

And that was just two days after an active shooter situation at Pearl Harbor. Jesus! What the hell is going on? Can't wait for Republicans to come out with "Thoughts and prayers", followed by the usual nonsensical mantra that arming everyone is the only way we can be safe. Well, if shootings are happening on military installations where security is tighter than a pair of jeans on a supermodel, then NOBODY is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    A lot of Brits are completely baffled by the London Transport Executive/Uber saga. Basically Uber has failed to meet its licensing conditions to operate in London for 2 to 3 years now..but continues operating because it keeps appealing the licensing decisions via the courts.

There’s also the fact that Uber dodges all sorts of employee rights requirements (by claiming the drivers aren’t employees) such as annual holidays, minimum hourly pay, etc.

Obviously one of those big companies that it’s good to be a customer of, but crap to work for.
    Uber knows there's money to be made, and they're not giving up that gold mine under any circumstances.