Page 815 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 315715765805811812813814815816817818819825865915 ... LastLast
Results 12,211 to 12,225 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Sanders flubbed his front runner status in record time, and you think he's going to save us from Trump? The attacks against Sanders write themselves.
    It's funny how the same guys who - quite rightfully - said it was silly of me to consider Warren the front runner do not realize that they were exactly as silly to consider Bernie the front runner based on a loss in Iowa and a couple of wins.

Point proven, I'd say.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    If you think Trump can speak coherently you need to get off these boards and start talking to some theoretical scientists to find your way back to your home dimension, because it certainly isn't this one. The one from here doesn't do that.

Either that or you are a right winger trying to stir up dissent, and your use of a Trump insult (Sleepy Joe) does seem to be a giveaway on that front.
    There is another option.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'll qualify that with a mention that Bevin was uniquely unpopular outside of stuff that riles up Democrats. It's similar to how we ended up with a Democrat here in Nevada (despite the Republican not being an incumbent) - the Republican running was uniquely horrible, having promised to eliminate popular programs passed by the outgoing Republican governor and having his own family publically endorse the Democrat.
    McConnell's favorability rating in KY id around 30% right now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Beyond parody now.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    And, then there's this...

I can already see a totally realistic scenario where this plan winds up going off in their face like an Acme kit -

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ter_biden.html
    Or maybe going after Hunter Biden is the Wile E. Coyote plan in this situation.

How many of the ancient white Republican men and women in Congress you think have kids, nieces, nephews who are very average at best and only got where they are due to nepotism? That's before we even get into Bill Barr's kids. Going after Hunter makes ALL of those young (and not so young) adults fair game.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It's not Democratic Primary voters who will decide this election. It's the same numbskulls who bought into the "but-her-emails" bull. If highlighting the very real graft going on with the Trump kids gets them to have second thoughts about Trump, go for it.
    I think this election it's gonna be less about who is more excited about their candidate, but who has less doubts.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I didn't twist anything. You literally said that Biden will do nothing at best and be just like the GOP at worst. You also compared not nominating Sanders to killing you and themselves.
    Yes I said that if Biden wins, the Republicans might as well win because of, ya know, Biden's actual on film record of saying contradictory things and claiming he would do one thing and then that he would do the exact opposite. That's one candidate I compared to the GOP which is hardly the same thing as saying there is no difference between the Democrats and the Republicans. All of the Republicans would do that and one democrat has proven that we can't trust anything he says.

And, yes, with Buttigieg, Warren and everyone else out of the race for all practical purposes, and it's now coming down to either Sanders or Biden, we absolutely will be shooting ourselves in the foot by voting for Biden who has actually said he would cut Social Security and do all sorts of things that are the Republican agenda (and then says he won't then he will then he won't). Or we could vote for the guy who consistently says he will fight to strengthen SS, keep and expand Medicare and who has a record of fighting for such things. Yes, I do believe he has the lesser chance to win the general election but he might win and that's still better odds than hoping Biden both wins and actually does anything progressive.

But bottom line: saying I don't trust Biden is not saying I don't trust any of the Democratic candidates. It's saying there is one particular democrat I don't trust to be better than a Republican (albeit nobody could be as bad as Trump but he could likely just change nothing).
    Power with Girl is better.

#Missouri:
    Biden 62
    Sanders 32
    Gabbard 2

#Mississippi:
    Biden 77
    Sanders 22
    Gabbard 1
    Sanders isn't closer to Biden than he is to Gabbard in those states...

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Beyond parody now.
    Now? You've been there for quite some time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    It's saying there is one particular democrat I don't trust to be better than a Republican (albeit nobody could be as bad as Trump but he could likely just change nothing).
    So, do you assume that Biden will continue all of Trump's policies? Or do you think he will undo all of Trump's madness and then not go any further despite the general thirst for change on the left? There's changing nothing, and then there's changing nothing.

Also: Do you honestly believe that congressional Dems would support Biden in cutting Social Security?

I hope that holds up in November. Even with a Republican majority in the Senate I doubt things would be worse under many of the others than under Midnight Mitch.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Florida Woman Changed Voters’ Party Affiliations, Officials Say

A Florida woman was charged on Thursday after officials said she filled out 10 voter registration forms with false information, at least six of which enrolled Democratic and independent voters in the Republican Party without their consent.

The woman, Cheryl A. Hall, 63, of Clermont, Fla., worked for Florida First, a voter registration group heavily funded by America First Policies, which supports President Trump.

America First Policies announced plans last year to spend more than $20 million on voter registration efforts in at least four battleground states: Florida, Georgia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.

Alan Hays, the supervisor of elections in Lake County, Fla., near Orlando, said that although Ms. Hall was charged with submitting 10 false voter registration forms, he believes she might have submitted another 109 forms with false information.
    Although the forms contained the correct names of voters, their dates of birth, Social Security numbers and other details were incorrect and automatically flagged by the county election database as unverifiable, he said.

“It’s just really bizarre,” Mr. Hays said. “I don’t know what part of her imagination was convinced she could get away with this.”

Ms. Hall was charged with 10 counts of submitting false voter registration information and released on $20,000 bond on Thursday, according to the Lake County Sheriff’s Office.

At least six of the forms were of Democrats or independents who had their party affiliation changed to Republican, Mr. Hays said. The others had their signatures or other details falsified, he said.

“We don’t know what she was hoping to accomplish,” said Lt. John Herrell of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office, adding that it “certainly does not appear” that Florida First did anything wrong. Ms. Hall, he said, may have simply gone “off the rails.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Once again we see charges of widespread voter fraud amount to projection more than anything else.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Of course, Trump played golf again this weekend too
    Thank goodness for that. Things would be even worse if he was trying to run the country.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

THAT low? Wow! I'm genuinely surprised.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!