Page 841 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 341741791831837838839840841842843844845851891941 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,615 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The difference is in the quantity of corruption.
    Oh I understand that. There are not as many corrupt Dems out there. But they do exist.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I understand that. my father is disabled and is at a high risk for getting sick. I didnt mean to offend anyone and I am sorry if I did. Was just taking a light hearted jab at Trump. I am kind of concerned not just for the virus but for the sheer panic people are showing because of it.
    Oh no! You didn’t offend me at all man! Sorry if I gave that impression. I appreciated your jolt of levity you added. Sincerely.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Trump is done.

The market is looking to close for emergency as it is currently erasing Obama's gains. We're about to be worse than BEFORE Obama took office.

I get that he wants to erase everything about Obama from existence but erasing the good economy is a bit too far.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Trump is done.

The market is looking to close for emergency as it is currently erasing Obama's gains. We're about to be worse than BEFORE Obama took office.

I get that he wants to erase everything about Obama from existence but erasing the good economy is a bit too far.
    As much as I dislike Trump we cant really blame him for the panic in the market. At least not fully. I think the stock market would still be tanking even if Clinton or another Dem was in office. No president regardless of party can stop the panic of a pandemic.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

As much as I dislike Trump we cant really blame him for the panic in the market. At least not fully. I think the stock market would still be tanking even if Clinton or another Dem was in office. No president regardless of party can stop the panic of a pandemic.
    While no president can address panic, they can do things like NOT fire everyone who can deal with such a thing and hand the operation over to bumblers who got the job because of loyalty and not skill. Having the groundwork in place beforehand would have helped ease the panic before it began, but now no one really trusts that this administration can deal with this situation except the ones that believe all of Trump's lies so . . . PANIC!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That's only really the half of it though.

It was the youth vote and the Latino vote that went to Sanders.

While I don't really expect The Democratic Party to think as far into the future as you did there, one would hope that they might.
    Don't count your Latinx eggs before Florida has hatched.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

False.

He downplayed COVID-19, he insulted people and states and countries affected by COVID-19, fired the Pandemic Response Team prior, gave "economic" stimulus well after the market was spooked, created a travel ban without consulting those countries or industries affected thus creating a larger-scale panic, put a person in charge that allowed an HIV epidemic to spread in his state while he was governor, and made several false claims about COVID-19.

He never led. He never assuaged fears. He incited more panic.

His response and lack of leadership turned a minor threat into a major threat.

45 is not to blame for COVID-19 but his terrible decisions did nothing to slow, stop, or help; they made it worse.

Obama calmed the markets and the people in crisis.

Bush calmed the markets and the people in crisis.

Clinton calmed the markets and the people in crisis.

45 was idle, mocked, and sat by. He fed paranoia on both sides and incited panic. He did nothing to make it better, in fact, he made it worse.

45 can't lead and it's only going to get worse until the day he's gone.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-12-2020 at 09:43 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Trump is done.

I have seen no evidence hi supporters have left him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    While no president can address panic, they can do things like NOT fire everyone who can deal with such a thing and hand the operation over to bumblers who got the job because of loyalty and not skill. Having the groundwork in place beforehand would have helped ease the panic before it began, but now no one really trusts that this administration can deal with this situation except the ones that believe all of Trump's lies so . . . PANIC!
    No one really had the frame work to deal with this. Look at local and state governments run by both Dems and Republicans caught off guard by this. I am hearing the same things from leaders of both parties in all levels of city and state government. Avoid large crowds, practice good hygiene, cancel public events, close schools. I am not hearing anyone on either side of the aisle say anything different. Did Trump put his head in the sand at the start of this? Yes but a lot of people and leaders did. Trump bares blame yes. But he stock market would still be crashes no matter who is in power.
    Obama and Clintion calmed people. Sure but did they face a pandemic like this? No. it is a different situation. Would Obama or Bill Clinton been better at handling this? I am sure they would have been. But we wont know.

Andy Beshear a Dem governor in Kentucky didnt really start acting until there were cases confirmed in the state. What frame work did he have in place. Mike Dewine the Republican Ohio Governor didnt start to act until there were cases in this state. What frame work did he put in before hand? What Framework did the Governor of Washington have in place to prevent this? I saw no difference in how either one handled this crisis.
    Last edited by babyblob; 03-12-2020 at 09:57 AM.

No one really had the frame work to deal with this. Look at local and state governments run by both Dems and Republicans caught off guard by this. I am hearing the same things from leaders of both parties in all levels of city and state government. Avoid large crowds, practice good hygiene, cancel public events, close schools. I am not hearing anyone on either side of the aisle say anything different. Did Trump put his head in the sand at the start of this? Yes but a lot of people and leaders did. Trump bares blame yes. But he stock market would still be crashes no matter who is in power.
    Obama and Clintion calmed people. Sure but did they face a pandemic like this? No. it is a different situation. Would Obama or Bill Clinton been better at handling this? I am sure they would have been. But we wont know.

Andy Beshear a Dem governor in Kentucky didnt really start acting until there were cases confirmed in the state. What frame work did he have in place. Mike Dewine the Republican Ohio Governor didnt start to act until there were cases in this state. What frame work did he put in before hand? What Framework did the Governor of Washington have in place to prevent this? I saw no difference in how either one handled this crisis.
    We might have had a better one, except large sums earmarked for pandemic stuff were stripped from the budget, and the Pandemic response team who would be advising and telling governments across the country what to do was, you know, fired. By Trump.

So, yes, it really is on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    We might have had a better one, except large sums earmarked for pandemic stuff were stripped from the budget, and the Pandemic response team who would be advising and telling governments across the country what to do was, you know, fired. By Trump.

Like I said Trump is to blame on a lot. But what have local governments done? Each City and State government should have plans in place to deal with crisis. They can ask for emergency funding from their state senate. They can set up doctors and their own public advisory boards and such. the govenors could talk to the people themselves they dont have to be 100 percent dependent on the federal government. What have local governments done themselves before the fact to get people ready?

This virus was hit China, Europe, South Korea hard. Doctors and the CDC said it will come to America. yet I saw very few people in either party getting ready. if the federal government was not responding to your liking wouldnt you want to act even on a small scale on your own? I live on the border of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. The Tristate they call it. I saw nothing on the news from any of those states talking about how they were getting ready for this even when cases started to appear in other states. it wasnt until their were confirmed cases that they started holding press conferences and doing other things.

I saw very little prevention response from ant y level of government. And I pay more attention to what my local government is doing then the feds.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

Not only that but they're actually trying to still downplay it, still. Was it Bush or Obama that had to deal with the outbreak of Sars. And Clinton had to deal with the Pandemic that was AIDS, and yes it still technically was and is a pandemic.

Wonder 7f the sales of the boardgame will drop now?

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Like I said Trump is to blame on a lot. But what have local governments done? Each City and State government should have plans in place to deal with crisis. They can ask for emergency funding from their state senate. They can set up doctors and their own public advisory boards and such. the govenors could talk to the people themselves they dont have to be 100 percent dependent on the federal government. What have local governments done themselves before the fact to get people ready?

This virus was hit China, Europe, South Korea hard. Doctors and the CDC said it will come to America. yet I saw very few people in either party getting ready. if the federal government was not responding to your liking wouldnt you want to act even on a small scale on your own? I live on the border of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana. The Tristate they call it. I saw nothing on the news from any of those states talking about how they were getting ready for this even when cases started to appear in other states. it wasnt until their were confirmed cases that they started holding press conferences and doing other things.

I saw very little prevention response from ant y level of government. And I pay more attention to what my local government is doing then the feds.
    I have a feeling that they were advised by the Feds to wait and see if it travels. While money can be spent ont this, a lot 9f it has to come from the Feds who give the okay to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Not only that but they're actually trying to still downplay it, still. Was it Bush or Obama that had to deal with the outbreak of Sars. And Clinton had to deal with the Pandemic that was AIDS, and yes it still technically was and is a pandemic.

Wonder 7f the sales of the boardgame will drop now?
    They reported a good bump in sales.

They reported a good bump in sales.
    Funny that. When I was at my local Walmart a lot of the games in the toy section were selling out. I guess people want entertainment for if they have to stay indoors.