Page 655 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1555556056456516526536546556566576586596657057551155 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Now the media (the daily beast) is doing the harassment.
    Do you assume people will be too stunned by this bewildering statement to not call you out for its absurdity?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Now the media (the daily beast) is doing the harassment.
    But the scumbag who crassly insulted the other candidates gets a pass. Right. Gotcha. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, if Sanders is the Democratic candidate come November, I'll vote for him, but I won't feel particularly good about it, not while he employs knuckledraggers like that clown and sycophants like you continue defending the man like he's a saint.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    But the scumbag who crassly insulted the other candidates gets a pass. Right. Gotcha. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, if Sanders is the Democratic candidate come November, I'll vote for him, but I won't feel particularly good about it, not while he employs knuckledraggers like that clown and sycophants like you continue defending the man like he's a saint.
    It's a private account that were few people even see. The guy is gay i.e. self-deprecating humor.
    BB

Astonishing Member

Employees do get blowback from doing stupid things in their life, that's the risk of becoming linked to campaigns. It was year ago, people have been burnt for less. Not being well known is no excuse, where's Sanders vetting? Why did this fail, again?

This entitlement that anyone who works or supports Sanders must be free from criticism is appalling. Is this what it's going to be like when Sanders is president, everyone who works for him can harass people and the Democrats and the media should not call them out on it?

When did this become acceptable in public discourse?

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Mora has tweeted, “looks like her name: pained, chunky, [and] confused origin/purpose.” Former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg “is what happens when the therapist botches the conversion,” and his husband, Chasten, Mora predicts, will be “busted for running a meth racket” in 10 years. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), a frequent subject of Mora’s private account, is called a “dumb Okie,” “an adult diaper fetishist” who “looks like ****” and who lied about having Native American ancestry “to get into Harvard.”
    That's who your defending.

How about rather than saying a single sentence and copying other peoples words you speak for yourself?

The horror:
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Employees do get blowback from doing stupid things in their life, that's the risk of becoming linked to campaigns. It was year ago, people have been burnt for less. Not being well known is no excuse, where's Sanders vetting? Why did this fail, again?

This entitlement that anyone who works or supports Sanders must be free from criticism is appalling. Is this what it's going to be like when Sanders is president, everyone who works for him can harass people and the Democrats and the media should not call them out on it?

How about rather than saying a single sentence and copying other peoples words you speak for yourself?
    Yes, not even talking to people in question in a private account is harassment. How is calling someone an adult diaper fetishist harassment. Bet you think calling Trump king cheeto is harassment.
    BB

It's a private account that were few people even see. The guy is gay i.e. self-deprecating humor.
    Not. An. Excuse. What part of that doesn't resonate with you?

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Mora has tweeted, “looks like her name: pained, chunky, [and] confused origin/purpose.” Former South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg “is what happens when the therapist botches the conversion,” and his husband, Chasten, Mora predicts, will be “busted for running a meth racket” in 10 years. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), a frequent subject of Mora’s private account, is called a “dumb Okie,” “an adult diaper fetishist” who “looks like shit” and who lied about having Native American ancestry “to get into Harvard.”

Versus personally stepping in to make sure that a known harasser keeps a job in the campaign?

Meanwhile, over at the Sanders' campaign...

Mora, the Sanders campaign confirmed, has been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not. An. Excuse. What part of that doesn't resonate with you?
    It being wrong.
    BB

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Versus personally stepping in to make sure that a known harasser keeps a job in the campaign?

Meanwhile, over at the Sanders' campaign...
    Which everyone agrees was wrong, as opposed to simply not caring whether the harassment is going on because they're "too busy." http://https://www.npr.org/2019/01/0...-2016-campaign

Good. How did they get hired in the first place?

Which everyone agrees was wrong, as opposed to simply not caring whether the harassment is going on because they're "too busy." http://https://www.npr.org/2019/01/0...-2016-campaign

Good. How did they get hired in the first place?
    That it is "Wrong..." is a secondary issue.

That it was fully and completely intentional(as opposed the the unintentional examples you have brought up...) is the issue.

The Sanders campaign is addressing known issues. That's -

- An Improvement From It's Last Time Out.
    - A "Head And Shoulders Above..." Improvement Over A Campaign Where The Candidate Personally Stepped In To Make Sure That A Known Harasser Kept A Job In The Campaign.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I think an equivalent problem (a lack of detail on how to pay for potentially popular reforms and no concrete detailed proposals on how to actually achieve them) sank Labour in the last UK elections....I don’t accept the popular UK view that it was just a one issue election (on Brexit).
    We often tell ourselves the simple narrative when reality is more complex.

That said, I think it's wise for Bernie to have as limited a plan as possible. The fuzzier the math the better. Nuanced plans like Warren's get you killed in elections. (And as our posters here demonstrate...you dont even get progressive respect for it) Bernie needs to pound corporate and wall street greed and dodge attacks about paying for it at all costs. He needs to have a deft counter punch without exposing that he really doesn't have a plan that can pay for it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That it is "Wrong..." is a secondary issue.

That it was fully and completely intentional(as opposed the the unintentional examples you have brought up...) is the issue.

The Sanders campaign is addressing known issues. That's -

- An Improvement From It's Last Time Out.
    - A "Head And Shoulders Above..." Improvement Over A Campaign Where The Candidate Personally Stepped In To Make Sure That A Known Harasser Kept A Job In The Campaign.
    Yet it is wrong all the same, which you have trouble accepting for some reason.

You bought up Clinton's campaign as an example, not me. Don't bring up examples like that like Sanders has the moral high ground on sexual harassment, in a discussion about harassment by campaign staff. Sanders supporters have this strange idea that it's a silver bullet which wipes away Sanders and his campaign's problems with harassment and it falls flat as a defense.

So what? Whenever that's bought up are you going to pretend like he didn't make a massive blunder managing the '16 campaign, instead of whitewashing how bad the damage was? That's how reacting to what occurred, it was no big. Shrug it off.

In this case it was, do you have any evidence Clinton was doing that systemically for every abuser in her campaign because we have more evidence that it was going in Sanders campaign. It was a terrible, disgusting thing she did but it shouldn't be a bludgeon which minimises Sanders failures protecting his female staff. It's not like their assailants were fired during the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    We often tell ourselves the simple narrative when reality is more complex.

That said, I think it's wise for Bernie to have as limited a plan as possible. The fuzzier the math the better. Nuanced plans like Warren's get you killed in elections. (And as our posters here demonstrate...you dont even get progressive respect for it) Bernie needs to pound corporate and wall street greed and dodge attacks about paying for it at all costs. He needs to have a deft counter punch without exposing that he really doesn't have a plan that can pay for it.
    Kinda sorta like Trump promising his brain dead lemmings that Mexico would pay for the wall, and the rubes fell for his bullshit lock, stock and barrel. Hell, even after Mexico basically said "**** YOU!" and Trump pivoted to taking billions away from the military and, in turn, the taxpayers, the Trumpanzees continue slurping his Kool-Aid.