Page 673 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683723773 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 17573

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Everyone has an opinion. That's the way it works. Speaking of which, here is some facts spoken by Warren that got Bernie Supporters hot under the collar.

Twitter Link with Video

Twitter Link with Video
    Because she was wrong and lying is why. So let me see, if someone lies about you, we can't get hot under the collar?

One, because Bernie was talking about States that he had WON!
    What has Elizabeth Warren won?

Here let's add some context to your post Tami.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    My family is military, and I'm a vet, and I condemn America for interfering in other people's nations all the time.
    We are only on the world stage the way we are isn't for the betterment of America. It's for colonialism, period.
    If we gave a **** about the world, then the way we choose our leader is a terrible way to do so.

We create our problems, much like Rome, England, and Asia. We just can't leave people's sovereignty alone. We don't protect, we bribe.
    It's not okay for them to support either.
    America does create numerous problems in the world, that's not what I'm disagreeing about - it's about blaming every horrible decision a country does on America and offering no counters to who fills the gap when America's hegemony is broken. It's intellectually lazy and builds nothing.

People like us blacks, Latinos, Most non Japanese Asians, First Nations, gays, women, etc. The GOP HATES all of us.
    I don't get why they vote for them. I also don't get why Democrats expect us to vote for them when they want to change nothing.

We're stuck between two **** parties.
    The problems in America are bigger then the Democrats simply not trying to make progress. They have been, and have been ground to a halt because the country's problems are hard to fix. Many of which require amendments, which require 2/3 of congress to vote yes on.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 02-27-2020 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Sheesh... sometimes you expect to read a story about another horrible Republican candidate, and then you end up just feeling sorry for the guy.

Arizona congressional candidate suspends campaign after drug overdose
    Yeah, I'm passing on this guy. Not worthy of a profile, and I hope he gets the help he needs.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Apparently you have been misled on this. Us older posters all remember Sanders being in favor of super delegates after being against them, when they became his only chance. This can be easily researched.

https://twitter.com/PatrickAKarlson/...604759041?s=20

As the truth seems to be very important to you, I am sure you will retract your statement that Liz Warren is lying on this. She is telling the Gospel truth.
    The Gospel isn't real, neither are Gods...

She outright lied, and I posted the full video of what happened in 2016. Because she's lying, and hurting herself with Progressives. It's a good thing she's probably gonna lose her homestate and drop out in the next two weeks.

Here are the facts my dude/girl
    Here's a video breakdown of
    @ewarren
    's stunningly misleading answer about her pitch for superdelegates at the 2/26/20 CNN town hall.

Ultimate Member

I also don't get why Democrats expect us to vote for them when they want to change nothing.
    That's a completely dishonest statement and you know it is.

It also gets to the root of the problem -- things won't change as you want them to, so Sanders' supporters will even attack allies to get their own way.

That said no one "expects" you to do anything -- just remember what goes around comes around, so don't complain when people do the same with Sanders and likewise don't complain when people choose not to support or vote for him or his policies just as you won't support other Democrats.

Sanders is the one who has changed nothing so far -- he has a respectable political movement but we have yet to see any meaningful legislation as a result.

That might change in the future but as it stands the Democrats have done far more than Sanders has with regards to progressive legislation.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-27-2020 at 04:53 PM.

People like us blacks, Latinos, Most non Japanese Asians, First Nations, gays, women, etc. The GOP HATES all of us.
    I don't get why they vote for them. I also don't get why Democrats expect us to vote for them when they want to change nothing.

We're stuck between two **** parties.
    The first part of your statement answered your question. Dems take those voting blocks for granted because they know in an (only viable) two-party system in which the other party is the GOP there is no other choice, they are the minority default option. The Dems feel they don't have to give minorities anything but kind words (in most cases) because the GOP will give minorities even less.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-27-2020 at 04:56 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The first part of your statement answered your question. Dems take those voting blocks for granted because they know in a (only viable) two-party system in which the other party is the GOP there is no other choice, they are the minority default option. The Dems feel they don't have to give minority anything but kind words (in most cases) because the GOP will give them even less.
    It's a blatantly dishonest comment -- the Democratic party has passed plenty of progressive legislation over past few decades.

Some people just take it for granted and assume their candidate can do better despite having no real record of doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It's a blatantly dishonest comment -- the Democratic party has passed plenty of progressive legislation over past few decades.

Some people just take it for granted and assume their candidate can do better despite having no real record of doing so.
    Oh, I don't dispute the history you mentioned I mean contemporaneously. Anyone who doesn't think elements of the DNC take minority votes for granted is living in a dream world.

Ultimate Member

Oh, I don't dispute the history you mentioned I mean contemporaneously. Anyone who doesn't think elements of the DNC take minority votes for granted is living in a dream world.
    Many in the DNC are "minorities" just as the last Democratic president was a "minority" and many do address minority issues directly.

Look -- if you want to sit around and bash "both sides" have at it.

Just don't be dishonest about Democratic efforts to pass progressive legislation.

Republicans (like Boehner and McConnell) are the reason said legislation doesn't pass -- not Democrats.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-27-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Many in the DNC are minorities just as the last Democratic president was a "minority".

Look -- if you want to sit around and bash "both sides" have at it.

Just don't be dishonest about Democratic efforts to pass progressive legislation.
    If you think I'm being dishonest that's on you. I know for a fact some members of the DNC take minority voters for granted because they've told me so. I don't want to name names but I've seen this in action.

Ultimate Member

If you think I'm being dishonest that's on you. I know for a fact some members of the DNC take minority voters for granted because they've told me so.
    Some do.

Doesn't change the fact that it's dishonest to claim that the DNC and Democratic party want "nothing to change" and don't care about "minority" issues.

That's primarily the "conservative" Republican party and no one should lose sight of that truth.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-27-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Some do.

Doesn't change the fact that it's dishonest to claim that the DNC and Democratic party want "nothing to change" and don't care about "minority" issues.

That's primarily the Republican party and no one should lose sight of that truth.
    I never said they want nothing to change rather they take minority voters for granted and feel they don't always need to give these voters what they want. This is because they know there is no other option in a two-party system where the GOP is the other party but to vote Democrat.

I frankly don't understand what you find so objectable about my statement?

Ultimate Member

I never said they want nothing to change rather they take minority voters for granted and feel they don't always need to give these voters what they want. This is because they know there is no other option in a two-party system where the GOP is the other party but to vote Democrat.

I frankly don't understand what you find so objectable about my statement?
    The other poster claimed they wanted nothing to change so I included it in my statement regarding dishonesty about the Democratic party.

Likewise it's dishonest to claim that the party that passes civil rights legislation, voting rights protections for "minorities", gay marriage laws, equal pay for women laws and guidelines (etc) takes "minority voters for granted".

More could be done but it's dishonest to claim that the party that has minorities in many prominent positions takes their own needs for granted.

Again -- the primary reason most of said legislation doesn't pass or gets rolled back is because of Republicans -- not Democrats.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-27-2020 at 05:18 PM.