Page 247 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I live in Canada, so I cannot be involved, but I think the best choices are Bernie and then Warren and then whatever. Some left-wingers really support Gabbard for some reason I do not get, I think she is a grab of political positions and some of them are to the right. I really dislike Mayor Pete and Biden though, but they are still better choices than Trump.
    Gabbard is a non-starter for me.

I think Biden will likely get the nomination, but I'll *likely* support Warren over Sanders.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Gabbard is literally one redcap away from being a Republican

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

I was reminded today we are gonna have some butthurt babies once more if Sanders doesn't win.

I hate to make that generalization, but if people are going on about how great he is and he does not get the nomination, will they not support the actual winner or protest vote out of spite?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I'll never understand this. I went to the ER and the bill came out to $1800. If I didn't have the VA I'd be out a lot of money. How did the GOP con their constituents into believing having their health care financially covered is a negative thing?
    Most people support universal Health Care. However, the way Medicare for All has been sold is much like the Republican's 'Repeal and replace', which scares the blank out of those on the ACA and even those on Employee Benefits Health Insurance.

You can't make a blanket change without taking everything into consideration.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I was reminded today we are gonna have some butthurt babies once more if Sanders doesn't win.

I hate to make that generalization, but if people are going on about how great he is and he does not get the nomination, will they not support the actual winner or protest vote out of spite?
    Who on this thread said will not vote if Sanders does not win the nomination.

I will not vote, because I do not live in the US. But I never said don't vote if Sanders doesn't win.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Most people support universal Health Care. However, the way Medicare for All has been sold is much like the Republican's 'Repeal and replace', which scares the blank out of those on the ACA and even those on Employee Benefits Health Insurance.

Just the name "Medicare for all" already contains more policy details than the Republicans ever gave with "repeal and replace." Besides, the ACA isn't sustainable in its current form without the individual mandate, so the moderate Dem plan of doing nothing to upset the apple cart will likely cause all the apples to rot anyway. And to make a broader point, this craven and cowardly approach toward policy isn't going to inspire any kind of confidence among voters, and since Americans are largely ignorant of policy anyway, all those precious swing voters will likely to go to the party that at least pretends to have some backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post

Bigger question is will you vote for Sanders if he does win the primary?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With the GOP, it's more like "Repeal and Go Away and Die" because they've yet to come up with anything even remotely resembling a healthcare plan to take the place of the ACA, and that's due to the fact Republicans never gave a **** about creating one. All they cared about was killing the ACA because that uppity black man who DARED to sit in the Oval Office as president for eight years put it into law, and destroying it was their jihad, still is by the way.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So are you saying black voters don't know what is good for them, the way they are STRONGLY rejecting Sanders?
    I know that Biden is more of the same and mentally slipping. I know that Mayor Pete's a politician in every negative sense of the word. I know that Tulsi Gabbard's pretty much a democrat-in-name-only. I know that Warren's not perfect but I wouldn't have any problem voting for her. I know that the donor class have rigged the game, for the most part.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I would. Chances are I wouldn't exactly be elated, but it damn sure beats the alternative, that being another term with Trump. As bad as he is right now, imagine the utter nightmare of him on a four year revenge tour against EVERYBODY who had it in for him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I would. Chances are I wouldn't exactly be elated, but it damn sure beats the alternative, that being another term with Trump. As bad as he is right now, imagine the utter nightmare of him on a four year revenge tour against EVERYBODY who had it in for him.
    well he's already stoked tensions with Iran. so there's going to be a giant mess to clean up (not to mention the rising oil prices) and the border stuff.

I'm black, and thus pragmatic by necessity when it comes to politics, so of course I would. Whining and staging protest votes isn't a luxury I can afford.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I might, probably, though I won't be happy about it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

This is completely misleading, there is no “repeal” with M4A. It’s such a scare tactic lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Who on this thread said will not vote if Sanders does not win the nomination.

I will not vote, because I do not live in the US. But I never said don't vote if Sanders doesn't win.
    You ever notice it’s the Sanders supporters who constantly get asked that but we know from hard evidence that the centrist Hillary supporters are far more liable to vote Republican if they don’t get their way. See 2008