Page 968 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 46886891895896496596696796896997097197297810181068 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Trump approval rating higher than ever according to new poll. Yes, Americans really are this stupid.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...ing/index.html
    I'm NORMALLY inclined to agree with this.

But right now many are scared, uncertain, and just wants somebody to help them right now. The people that help them are more likely to be seen favorably even for a short time.

So yes we are pretty petty and basic. But when people are hurting they will turn to the person who normally despises them if they offer any help.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    No one is Bullying you into anything -- mainly you're here just arguing with people, attacking Sanders, and posting Biden propaganda.
    More false accusations -- I don't post Biden propaganda and I only talk about Sanders to point out that he lost the nomination.

This is the deciding factor in the election regardless of all of your arguments and attacks on Biden.

I also never claimed anyone was bullying me -- you're the one who claimed Democrats are "bullying" you, not me.

Interesting that you take the same approach here as you do with Biden -- make things up and dodge the fact that Sanders didn't win.

No one is "bullying" you at all -- it's just an excuse to complain about the "establishment" because Sanders lost.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-26-2020 at 12:23 PM.

But right now many are scared, uncertain, and just wants somebody to help them right now. The people that help them are more likely to be seen favorably even for a short time.

So yes we are pretty petty and basic. But when people are hurting they will turn to the person who normally despises them if they offer any help.
    I totally agree with you.

I always thought it was odd that people would worry so much about his approval numbers. After catastrophes, there is a rally-around-the-flag effect. Bush soared to an over 90% approval rating after 9/11 after all. The fact that Trump’s polling bump from this barely hands him a net positive approval is something that should give him and his supporters pause, not a cause for celebration.

This isn’t to mention the fact that Trump has largely been able to doll out misinformation without anyone stopping him every night on the news. Without someone fact checking him in real time, it gets real difficult to make it clear to the audience that he didn’t inherit a mess—he caused it. I’m glad to see CNN and NBC move away from this and try to check him in real time. I think that will be helpful.

Of course, should this crisis pass before the election, we are better able to litigate Trump’s failures to a more objective audience. Right now, people are scared and are wary of the politicization of the crisis that has affected their lives. They want stability and they want a leader. Trump is the only thing they’ve got and, for the most part, he’s done a decent job of letting the experts talk except for when he is on Twitter.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I totally agree with you.

I always thought it was odd that people would worry so much about his approval numbers. After catastrophes, there is a rally-around-the-flag effect. Bush soared to an over 90% approval rating after 9/11 after all. The fact that Trump’s polling bump from this barely hands him a net positive approval is something that should give him and his supporters pause, not a cause for celebration.

This isn’t to mention the fact that Trump has largely been able to doll out misinformation without anyone stopping him every night on the news. Without someone fact checking him in real time, it gets real difficult to make it clear to the audience that he didn’t inherit a mess—he caused it. I’m glad to see CNN and NBC move away from this and try to check him in real time. I think that will be helpful.

Of course, should this crisis pass before the election, we are better able to litigate Trump’s failures to a more objective audience. Right now, people are scared and are wary of the politicization of the crisis that has affected their lives. They want stability and they want a leader. Trump is the only thing they’ve got and, for the most part, he’s done a decent job of letting the experts talk except for when he is on Twitter.
    Did you see that some news outlets are now "missing" from his daily briefings because he lies so much about the state of affairs?
    I mean today he literally called a reporter who asked him a legit question, he called her and the next person Fake News.

I mean come on...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    As expected, trump's recent racism towards China has caused an increase of racism towards the Asian community. I can't recall another POTUS in my time that has attacked so many Americans.
    There were two attacks on Asians here in Philly last week, and I fear it’s only going to get worse as Trump fans the racist flames to get his base good and worked up. I shudder to imagine what would be going on if the virus originated in Africa or the Middle East, given his hatred of blacks and Muslims, that would be manna from heaven for Trump.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

I date Asian women, lived among them, best friend is Chinese.
    Even if NONE of those things were true, this **** needs to end.
    Whenever something comes to Americas shores, the first thing
    we always do is **** on that minority.

We **** on the Jews, The Japanese, The Irish, The Catholics, the Hispanics, the Blacks, The Muslims, etc. Now we're just willy nilly shitting on all East Asian looking asians because?

How do you attack your neighbor you've known for years and was born up the street from you like it's his fault Corona exists?
    If my Ex comes to visit me from Yokohama, and she coughs slightly, you gonna attack her?

Humans have a sickness I see no cure for beyond any viral outbreak.
    It's something no Gods have yet cured in us, and it's something we refuse to cure in ourselves.

“They just see that you’re Asian and you are horrible”: How the pandemic is triggering racist attacks
    Racial slurs and hateful acts against Asian Americans are on the rise.

Did you see that some news outlets are now "missing" from his daily briefings because he lies so much about the state of affairs?
    I mean today he literally called a reporter who asked him a legit question, he called her and the next person Fake News.

I mean come on...
    Yeah. I’m glad that news outlets are starting to say, “I’ve had enough” and stop placating the man.

Say what you will about either Democratic candidate, neither would react like Trump does on a daily basis. I would prefer to have Obama back, but it isn’t settling to have either Biden or Sanders up there instead. My God in heaven.

(Of course, we probably would be in a much better spot with either Sanders or Biden in office anyway.)

I DO think you can make a credible arguement that the benefits of a $1000 check is more psychological than practical. As nice as a $1000 bucks is, that won't last a month. It's SOMETHING... but not a whole lot. And the truth of the matter is for every dollar the government gives us for "free" now, they'll probably tax us $2 down the line.

BUT I think people are just happy to see the government do SOMETHING. I think it helps alleviate the stress and panic, which can go a long way towards riding out the crisis. Obviously more needs to be done... but this first step I think will really help people regain some faith in government (whether or not that faith is justified).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    There were two attacks on Asians here in Philly last week, and I fear it’s only going to get worse as Trump fans the racist flames to get his base good and worked up. I shudder to imagine what would be going on if the virus originated in Africa or the Middle East, given his hatred of blacks and Muslims, that would be manna from heaven for Trump.
    There is still time... the disease doesn't seem to be hurting Africa as much as other state. He can turn that into a weapon towards Africans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Trump approval rating higher than ever according to new poll. Yes, Americans really are this stupid.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/polit...ing/index.html
    How unpopular is Donald Trump?

538 still has Trump's approval ratings below 50%.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How unpopular is Donald Trump?

538 still has Trump's approval ratings below 50%.
    I imagine that they might climb to be about even provided he lets experts navigate us out of the crisis he put us in. However, that is only before the attack ads start in earnest in the fall and it becomes clear just how much he botched the day to day response. It is being mildly litigated today, mostly because he continues to fail, but it will be even more obvious when “politicization” of a crisis is no longer as unpopular as it is in the midst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wonder, if the Pandemic originated in Poland, would Trump be insisting on calling it the Warsaw Virus and would his cult be going after anyone with a Polish last name?

Probably not.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I'm inclined to think that people have become so used to Trump being unprofessional that any moment he actually does his job seems like a big deal.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I'm inclined to think that people have become so used to Trump being unprofessional that any moment he actually does his job seems like a big deal.
    I think it's beyond just that people are used to Trump being unprofessional ... for a certain portion of his base I think people actually enjoy that he's not.

He's not a regular politician, and he says things that no other politician (even Republicans) can get away with. He's rude, crude and politically incorrect and I think to some there's a weird sort of appeal there.

But beyond that again, $1000 bucks is a $1000 bucks regardless of the source.