Page 353 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since I mentioned this without really linking to it, here's the question Delaney fielded. It's at right around 1:41:00.

While I don't really agree top to bottom with Delaney, the conversation that takes place during that question/answer is easily worth more conversation than any "Space Force..." nonsense -

All right. Sure, it's a conversation that needs to happen more often. But as Delaney is getting so little attention as a Presidential candidate, couldn't he do more good as a candidate for a lower office, an office he would actually have a shot of winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    All right. Sure, it's a conversation that needs to happen more often. But as Delaney is getting so little attention as a Presidential candidate, couldn't he do more good as a candidate for a lower office, an office he would actually have a shot of winning?
    We talking the way that Beto isn't while this same take isn't being applied to him? That guy doesn't even have a Presidential run to excuse that he isn't doing what you suggest.

As for "A Shot Of Winning..." versus actually bringing up the idea of non-profit banking in areas that greatly benefit from it?

I tend to think that just putting that idea out there carries the same weight as running for an office he might not win. It's not like he's a guy that's wrecking the polling.

All that said, I do see what you're saying. Just not sure I see why it applies to one person but not another.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

This thread is turning into a rerun of 2016. Folks, just vote in your primaries and sort it out later. My state's primary is in May so I hope we have an electable candidate left.

BANNED

War and division will not be the end of us. HUmans have outlived division for millenia.

THIS? This right here will end us if we're not careful of Anti-Vaxxers, and morons who like kissing Snakes, and sneezing in their hands and touching ****.

Outbreak casts pall over China new year as deaths surpass 41

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...s-labor-103136

Bernie’s labor support snowballs
    Sanders might also be benefiting from the effort he’s made to professionalize his 2020 campaign, including his political operation. In 2016, he had no political director. Analilia Mejia, who previously worked for SEIU and UNITE HERE, is now his national political director.

“I come out of the labor movement. My deputy comes out of the labor movement. A bunch of the staff comes out of the labor movement,” she said. “I was talking to one labor leader and they were like, ‘It’s nice to talk to a campaign that understands the difference between a lockout and a strike.’"

Oh WBE-EEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…..

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A freshman Kansas congressman has changed his voter registration for the second time in six weeks after coming under investigation for potentially violating state election laws for previously listing a UPS Inc. store as his residence.
    Republican Rep. Steve Watkins listed a Topeka apartment as his residential address on a registration form filed Jan. 17, the Kansas secretary of state's office confirmed Friday. Watkins had listed a different address in the same complex, the one for its office, when he previously changed his registration Dec. 6.
    Questions about Watkins' voter registration could complicate his bid for re-election in his eastern Kansas district. Some Republicans already want to oust him and State Treasurer Jake LaTurner is challenging him in the GOP primary.
    The apartment that he lists as his home is about 2 miles north of the UPS store with the postal box that Watkins listed as his residential address on a voter registration form filed in late August. The UPS box also was listed as his residence when he cast a ballot that included a Topeka City Council race last November.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-kansa...002928404.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    War and division will not be the end of us. HUmans have outlived division for millenia.

THIS? This right here will end us if we're not careful of Anti-Vaxxers, and morons who like kissing Snakes, and sneezing in their hands and touching ****.

Outbreak casts pall over China new year as deaths surpass 41
    Agreed. War and internecine division will make it easier for the virus to spread by tying up resources better used for saving lives in acts of war (or turn those resources into political footballs to be bounced around but get nothing done...), as always, but they alone won’t be our end.

I love that they evidently have a blank map on hand to bully reporters. And then try it on a reporter with a degree in European Studies.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I mean I can’t really argue those as both candidates I’m supporting want those. I’ll just say there are models all over the world to achieve those in some form or another
    See, you did not want examples to prove a point. You wanted examples of policies to change the subject from Sanders opening his big pants to Joe Rogan.

Sorry, that should read big tent.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I love that they evidently have a blank map on hand to bully reporters. And then try it on a reporter with a degree in European Studies.
    Like everyone connected with this administration...what a piece of **** Pompeo is...

Franklin Leonard, founder of "The Black List":

You can reasonably ask me to support a man who celebrates Joe Rogan’s endorsement when Trump’s the only alternative, and I will.

But you can’t ask that when I have other options. It’s that simple.
    https://twitter.com/franklinleonard/...585037312?s=20
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 01-25-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Like everyone connected with this administration...what a piece of **** Pompeo is...
    Clearly, born to be the top diplomat. So diplomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    First, what's this about Biden?

Second...

https://www.out.com/politics/2019/11...-concern-women

That was said at the end of last year.

Considering that this person has not ruled out running this time out, Rogan is incredibly small potatoes compared to that.
    Oh look. You found a way to turn this into another attack on Hillary Clinton.

I so hope she runs into you one day. Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Completely untrue -- promoting the endorsement of someone who has said and done what Rogan has would be problematic for any candidate.
    Sshhhh... Superbat is so comofortable on their cross, don't ask them to come down from it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Is all this really over Joe Rogan saying he might vote for Bernie? Seriously do the resident trolls have anything better to do? No wonder so many people left this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    No, it's not.
    It's about the Biden campaign celebrating that endorsement and putting a video together to brag about the endorsement.
    So, what about the Biden campaign?