Page 345 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445845 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Because you keep pointing out how "you" aren't supporting Rogan or attacking Biden as a defense.

Instead of addressing the original point that many Sanders supporters spend more time attacking Biden than holding Rogan accountable for his actions.
    1. Because if I didn’t you and others on here would go to your stock defense of not unifying for the party. There is plenty evidence to support this.

2. The original I already addressed, the article is conflating active and passive actions to try to make a non argument, you still refuse to address that.

3. As to the point you tried to pivot to.... Hmmm Rogan’s supported Bernie for about a day. Biden’s been his primary opponent for the better part of the year. You don’t see the logical gap here? Also most people on this thread aren’t even bringing up Biden in regards to this. Also again there’s a difference of positioning relevant to the last point. Biden is running an active campaign. There’s a reason for supporters of someone else to continually criticize the policies and actions of an election opponent you may have to support later. No Bernie supporters is obligated to support Rogan just because he said he might vote for Sanders. Nor is there an implicit obligation to denounce every individual who voices support for someone

The very best thing I can say about this business with Rogan is to call it a major unforced error. And that itself is a major understatement. The Democrats are a coalition party, touting someone who acts opposed to parts of that coalition is incredibly bad optics. Public perception could put this on the level of the Comey announcement in 2016, although that remains to be seen.

Best case scenario is what we are seeing, some public Bernie backers loudly claiming they are out. Worst case is this fully cements Warren as the candidate of the left. In the general election the former would be much more likely, but in the primary it can be much more damaging.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Clearly you are hacking these people's Twitter feeds to make them say these things as part of your vast, anti-Bernie conspiracy.
    If only I realized it would be easier to hack Bernie's account and endorse Warren.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    1. Because if I didn’t you and others on here would go to your stock defense of not unifying for the party. There is plenty evidence to support this.

2. The original I already addressed, the article is conflating active and passive actions to try to make a non argument, you still refuse to address that.

3. As to the point you tried to pivot to.... Hmmm Rogan’s supported Bernie for about a day. Biden’s been his primary opponent for the better part of the year. You don’t see the logical gap here? Also most people on this thread aren’t even bringing up Biden in regards to this. Also again there’s a difference of positioning relevant to the last point. Biden is running an active campaign. There’s a reason for supporters of someone else to continually criticize the policies and actions of an election opponent you may have to support later. No Bernie supporters is obligated to support Rogan just because he said he might vote for Sanders. Nor is there an implicit obligation to denounce every individual who voices support for someone
    I didn't "pivot" to anything -- I first posted a link to someone who pointed out that Sanders tent seemed to be big enough for Rogan but not for Biden.

I then posted a link to hundreds of posts defending -- and often promoting -- Rogan's actions in support of Sanders.

You're taking this way too personally to the point of being irrational, which is par for course.

Like I said, if this is the kind of campaigning you choose to support, then so be it.

Extraordinary Member

I didn't "pivot" to anything -- I first posted a link to someone who pointed out that Sanders tent seemed to be big enough for Rogan but not for Biden.

I then posted a link to hundreds of posts defending Rogan's actions in support of Sanders.

You're taking this way too personally to the point of being irrational, which is par for course.

Like I said, if this is the kind of campaigning you choose to support, then so be it.
    To your first point about the tent being big enough for Rogan but not for Biden, the difference is the ask. Is anyone being asked to support or embrace Rogan? No. They are being asked to tolerate him. Is anyone being asked to support Biden? Yes that’s the nature of being a candidate in an election. It’s two different things being dishonestly framed as the same thing. If Biden was out, and Biden endorses him, Bernie would probably tout that and some people who dislike Biden would have to tolerate him.

It’s not a personal thing, it’s a logical thing.

Ultimate Member

To your first point about the tent being big enough for Rogan but not for Biden, the difference is the ask. Is anyone being asked to support or embrace Rogan? No.
    It's not about them being asked to do it -- many are actively choosing to do it, as proven by the links I provided earlier.

https://old.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ng_for_bernie/

Extraordinary Member

It's not about them being asked to do it -- many are actively choosing to do it, as proven by the links I provided earlier.

https://old.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ng_for_bernie/
    The biggest comment and chain is just talking about how it’s a good thing because he has a big reach. There’s a few people actively supporting him but it’s relatively small compared to the number of posters on the thread.

In fact one person said he found Rogan annoying but if it seaways some people it’s a good thing

Most people arent bringing Biden into this because...he has no connection to this, OTHER than to point out that fanatical Bernie supporters would rather make room for Joe Rogan and people like him and mock people who arent happy with the endorsement - or the Bernie camp's bragging about it - as 'woke liberals' while attacking Biden and calling him not left enough, or secretly a Republican, or...

Plenty of room for racist, misogynistic homophobes like Rogan on the left, but no room for old white guys with proven Democratic bona fides because he isnt perfect about everything. THAT is the problem people have here.

And, to be clear, Biden is my absolutely last choice for the presidency nom, due both to his age and the increasing number of cognitive gaffes that come with that advanced age. Not saying old people arent vital and worthy of respect or consideration, mind you, but his age PLUS his health PLUS his gaffes leave me less than thrilled at the prospect.

I'm tired as hell of old, white men shaping American policy. We've had 250+ years of that, and it's gotten us to where we are now, with a reality show bully running the country and an entire political party selling their souls on national television for power and money. But if it comes down to Biden versus Trump, I know which old, white man I'll support, without even a moment's hesitation.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Most people arent bringing Biden into this because...he has no conne tion to this, OTHER than to point out that fanatical Bernie supporters would rather make room for Joe Rogan and mock people who arent happy with the endorsement'or the Bernie camp's bragging about it - as 'woke liberals' while attacking Biden and calling him not left enough, or secretly a Republican, or...

Plenty of room for racist, misogynistic homophobes like Rogan on the left, but no room for old white guys with proven Democratic bona fides because he isnt perfect about everything. THAT is the problem people have here.
    Well the only person that dragged Biden into this was Aja

And again my point still stands. There’s a difference between tolerating someone being in the tent supporting you and embracing someone as the leader of the tent. Most Bernie supporters wouldn’t have a problem with Biden endorsing him tbh lol

Ultimate Member

Well the only person that dragged Biden into this was Aja
    Because I think it's telling when many Sanders supporters will accept or defend Rogan, but attack Biden at nearly every opportunity.

Something which you are more than welcome to disagree with.

Extraordinary Member

Because I think it's telling when many Sanders supporters will accept or defend Rogan, but attack Biden at nearly every opportunity.

Something which you are more than welcome to disagree with.
    Do you think Bernie supporters would support Rogan running for President against Bernie? Do you think Bernie supporters would tolerate Biden endorsing Sanders and saying he would vote for him?

There’s a difference between those you know

Do you think Bernie supporters would support Rogan running for President against Bernie? Do you think Bernie supporters would tolerate Biden endorsing Sanders and saying he would vote for him?

There’s a difference between those you know
    The more relevant and telling question is, "If Rogan had endorsed Biden/Warren/Buttiegieg, would Bernie supporters be as accepting of that support as they are when it's their guy getting the racist, misogynist, homophobe vote...?"

Because I know that supporters of those candidates wouldn't be bending over backwards to accept Rogan's support.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Do you think Bernie supporters would support Rogan running for President against Bernie?
    I think Sanders should publicly denounce Rogan's comments and distance himself from said commentary and behavior.

I likewise think Sanders supporters should stop attacking Biden unless they want to see a repeat of what happened in the last election.

-----
    "Joe Rogan’s Bernie Endorsement Draws Outrage As Clip Surfaces Comparing Black Neighborhood to ‘Planet of the Apes’"

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/jo...t-of-the-apes/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-24-2020 at 04:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

The more telling question is, "If Rogan had endorsed Biden/Warren/Buttiegieg, would Bernie supporters be as accepting of that support as they are when it's their guy getting the racist, misogynist, homophobe vote...?"
    I think they’d be pissed after he appeared on Rogan’s show and took an interview with him. But to be honest I think they’d be dismissive. There really isn’t as much of hyper critical lens on supporters of those candidates while Bernie supporters tend to be a topic of discussion. I do think it’s pretty one sided in that respect. Criticism on Bernie Sanders opponents have mostly been on that candidates actions and policies. Attacks on Bernie have a lot more external factors mixed in with them

I think Sanders should publicly denounce Rogan's comments and distance himself from said commentary and behavior.

I likewise think Sanders supporters should stop attacking Biden unless they want to see a repeat of what happened in the last election.
    Exactly. 'Criticism' is not 'attacking', and 'attacking' is not 'criticism'. A fact that ONE group on the left seems to have a hard time understanding.