Page 344 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444844 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 17573
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    So, the Orange Idiot's defense team is going to talk about the 2016 election and the Democrats digging for dirt on him via the Steele dossier. A more productive use of my time would be shoving my head into a running woodchipper. - ___________-
    It doesn’t matter, the fix is in. We always knew this was more about framing for the upcoming election. Personally if I was Pelosi, I would hold off submitting it to the Senate and spend the next year adding article of impeachment and then forcing his team to defend it in September/October

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    So you would vote for him?

And I like how you complain about me using lol but then feel the need to use “bro”. Congruent words and actions and all that
    You act the part, you get called the title.

As for how I'll vote, I have made it clear on multiple occasions that I will support the nominee that isnt Trump. If it isnt clear to you by now, that's on you. I've addressed it over and over and over and over and over. Along with my work FOR the guy you claim I hate because I dare to criticize him.

"I not support Trump. I not hate Bernie. I only not like fanatics."

It doesn’t matter, the fix is in. We always knew this was more about framing for the upcoming election. Personally if I was Pelosi, I would hold off submitting it to the Senate and spend the next year adding article of impeachment and then forcing his team to defend it in September/October
    On THIS, we agree.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    You act the part, you get called the title.

As for how I'll vote, I have made it clear on multiple occasions that I will support the nominee that isnt Trump. If it isnt clear to you by now, that's on you. I've addressed it over and over and over and over and over. Along with my work FOR the guy you claim I hate because I dare to criticize him.

"I not support Trump. I not hate Bernie. I only not like fanatics."
    Well you don’t act like often. And you seem to call everyone who supports him a fanatic. He’s not even my first choice or getting my primary vote if Warren is still on the ballot, but the dialogue in here is very toxic.

And it’s not just you do if I’m conflating your actions with others I apologize (tbh I prefer you at least being more willing to have a discussion)

Ultimate Member

That’s not real response and doesn’t address the point. I brought up that I would support Biden so I could display my reasoning on the argument was independent from my actual stance on the applicable practice of the argument.
    It addresses the point that many Sanders supporters spend more time attacking Biden than holding Rogan accountable.

This isn't even anything to be argued about -- if that's the kind of campaigning you feel that you should support, then so be it.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Charlotte Clymer, a "twitter famous" trans woman working for the Human Rights Campaign has been pretty solidly in the "either Warren or Sanders" field.

This is her reaction to the Sanders' campaign "clarification" about letting other beliefs into the big tent:

This is a pathetic response and I’m done. It is clear the Bernie Sanders campaign does not care about holding transphobia accountable, among the many other awful things Joe Rogan has perpetuated on his program.

I am a human being and a trans person. I am not “another belief”.
    https://twitter.com/cmclymer/status/...205188096?s=20
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    It addresses the point that many Sanders supporters spend more time attacking Biden than holding Rogan accountable.

This isn't even anything to be argued about -- if that's the kind of campaigning you feel that you should support, then so be it.
    I didn’t attack Biden....

And again the article is trying to compare two different things, Rogan wasn’t even a factor until the last day or so.

Ultimate Member

I didn’t attack Biden.....
    Again, this isn't all about you.

The fact that you might think it is, however, explains why you might be taking it so personally.

But it isn't.

Well you don’t act like often. And you seem to call everyone who supports him a fanatic. He’s not even my first choice or getting my primary vote if Warren is still on the ballot, but the dialogue in here is very toxic.

And it’s not just you do if I’m conflating your actions with others I apologize (tbh I prefer you at least being more willing to have a discussion)
    I only call them a fanatic if they deflect criticisms rather than address them, say they won't support anyone but him, or attack anyone daring to criticize him. I despise fanaticism of any stripe. Particularly religious/pseudo-religious fanaticism. And while OBVIOUSLY the majority of Bernie supporters arent cultish...there ABSOLUTELY IS an element of cultishness among some of his most vocal supporters. After what I witnessed first hand in 2016, no amount of 'but polls!' or 'but Hillary voters...!' will wash the foul taste of Bernie fanaticism away.

Support Bernie. I have zero issue with that. I still like the guy, and for me, its Bernie or Warren on top, in terms of policy and overall decency, despite what some anti-Warren (and pro-Bernie...) people have tried to say about her being an evil opportunist and vile liar and fake this or that. But cross the line from support to attack dog?

That's when we have a problem.
    Last edited by zinderel; 01-24-2020 at 03:34 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Again, this isn't all about you.
    I never said it was. I don’t know why you can’t just address the discussion and keep deflecting to that

Dave Weigel, probably THE biggest Bernie booster at the Washington Post, is also critical of the Rogan move, although he is hiding it in a bit of word salad:

I am legally obligated to have a take on Rogan-for-Sanders, so: If you are trying to pull white working class men into your coalition, doing it without abandoning your pro-immigration/socially liberal policies seems better for party cohesion than moving right to do so.
    https://twitter.com/daveweigel/statu...172993024?s=20
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

I never said it was. I don’t know why you can’t just address the discussion and keep deflecting to that
    Because you keep pointing out how "you" aren't supporting Rogan or attacking Biden as a defense.

Instead of addressing the original point that many Sanders supporters spend more time attacking Biden than holding Rogan accountable for his actions.

https://old.reddit.com/r/politics/co...ng_for_bernie/

Roxane Gay, feminist and Marvel Comics writer, chimes in Bernie's slide to the right:

It’s exhausting to see a refusal to tolerate bigotry framed as a demand for moral purity or an unwillingness to compromise or work with people who have different points of view. Bigotry is not a perspective that deserves engagement beyond condemnation.
    https://twitter.com/rgay/status/1220...111956486?s=20

It's so amazing how I am the only one talking about this.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 01-25-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Hillary was right!

Jamil Smith, senior writer at Rolling Stone mag:

This isn’t about “disagreements” or overpolicing someone’s politics. Rogan has been routinely misogynist and transphobic on his program, and it isn’t out of bounds to say that it is odd (or bad) for a guy pursuing the Democratic nomination to embrace that person’s endorsement.
    https://twitter.com/JamilSmith/statu...108996609?s=20

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Roxane Gay, feminist and Marvel Comics writer, chimes in Biden's slide to the right:

https://twitter.com/rgay/status/1220...111956486?s=20

It's so amazing how I am the only one talking about this.
    Clearly you are hacking these people's Twitter feeds to make them say these things as part of your vast, anti-Bernie conspiracy.