Page 576 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 764765265665725735745755765775785795805866266761076 ... LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,640 of 17573
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superbat View Post
    The Democrats ran the moderate candidate in 2016.

She lost.
    And the progressive candidate lost to her by about four million votes.

I am not for billionaires buying elections for themselves. Particularly when they've donated to opponents, and spoken out against policies, from the party they are currently running to win the nomination of.

The Democrats ran the moderate candidate in 2016.

She lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    My chosen metric is stop insulting other Democratic candidates and the Democratic party in general.

You're obviously not going to do that, so I'll just watch it play out again just like it did before.

And to be clear -- even if Sanders wins the primaries and loses the general, it's still a loss just like last time.

In the primary.

By the end of that election cycle Bernie was the most popular politician in the country. Hillary was nearly as unpopular Trump, and the most unpopular candidate the Democrats ever chose to be their nominee.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Right -- they both lost partially due to self-defeating Democratic infighting.

Which you are repeating.

In the primary.

By the end of that election cycle Bernie was the most popular politician in the country. Hillary was nearly as unpopular Trump, and the most unpopular candidate the Democrats ever chose to be their nominee.
    So you're admitting that a candidate -- or party -- can lose one election (2016 for instance) but win another.

How convenient for your cause that you apply that logic only to Sanders and not other Democrats.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-18-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Right -- they both lost partially due to self-defeating Democratic infighting.

Which you are repeating.

So you're admitting that a candidate -- or party -- can lose one election (2016 for instance) but win another.

How convenient that you apply that logic only to Sanders and not other Democrats.
    I'm admitting primaries are different from the general.

Bernie was the most liked candidate in 2016 and he's the most liked candidate in 2020. We can talk about applying that logic to the other candidates if they can consistently remain more popular than everyone else running.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Ultimate Member

No, you're letting your personal beliefs supercede the fact that Hillary crushed Sanders in the primaries.

That Sanders supporters trashed her name -- and many others -- only proves that not only do progressives lose but they also drag down others with them.

No, you're letting your personal beliefs supercede the fact that Hillary crushed Sanders in the primaries.
    It's a fact that I admitted to. Sanders lost the primary.

Democrats should chosen better but he should have also run a better campaign.

That Sanders supporters trashed her name -- and many others -- only proves that not only do progressives lose but they also drag down others with them.
    Hillary's approval rating started going down after she announced she was running. She had a net unfavorability rating in 2015, before the primary even kicked off.

The same thing happened in 2008. After she announced her run, her rating started going down.
    Last edited by Superbat; 02-18-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

BANNED

Bernie was the most liked candidate in 2016 and he's the most liked candidate in 2020. We can talk about applying that logic to the other candidates if they can consistently remain more popular than everyone else running.
    If he was the most liked in 2016 and got crushed....why would 2020 be any different?

Look, here's the thing. Bernie has had four years to build on that upstart popularity he built in 2016. He's walked into this primary with the most notable name along with Biden. As we sit here, two primaries in, he has translated that popularity into a virtual tie with a guy that was barely known to the populace even 1 year ago. At some point Bernie, or anyone, needs to start creating separation. Now maybe that changes when the voters get more diverse or maybe it doesn't as the voters get more black and less white/hispanic. I don't know.

But if Bernie voters are going to keep suggesting he's super popular and will bring out young, excited, typical non-voters.....that **** needs to show up in primary results. If by Super Tuesday those aren't evident.....he's not going to win against Trump. At that point it's all but a certainty we're going to have a contested convention that everyone ends up pissed at each other about. (No matter how by-the-book or fair it is)

As I told you earlier today, you're writing some big time checks with your bravado. I hope you're willing to eat crow if your candidate of choice can't back it up.

Bloomberg would sell business interests if elected president

Mike Bloomberg would sell the financial data and media company he created in the 1980s — which bears his name and made him a multibillionaire — if he is elected U.S. president, a top adviser said Tuesday.

Bloomberg would put Bloomberg LP into a blind trust, and the trustee would then sell the company, adviser Tim O’Brien said. Proceeds from the sale would go to Bloomberg Philanthropies, the charitable giving arm that funds causes from climate change to public health and grants for American cities.

The only restriction Bloomberg would put on the sale is that it not be sold to a foreign buyer or a private equity company, O’Brien said. Bloomberg, a Democrat, is currently chief executive of the company.

“We want to be 180 degrees apart from Donald Trump around financial conflicts of interest,” O’Brien told The Associated Press. “We think it’s one of the biggest stains on the presidency, and Trump’s record is his refusal to disengage himself in his own financial interests. And we want to be very transparent and clean and clear with voters about where Mike is on these things.”
    I was wondering about this.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Hillary's approval rating started going down after she announced she was running. She had a net unfavorability rating in 2015, before the primary even kicked off.
    And she still crushed Sanders by about four million votes.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-18-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    If he was the most liked in 2016 and got crushed....why would 2020 be any different?
    He lost the primary. He would have won the general.

This time he'll win both.
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

Astonishing Member

It's a fact that I admitted to. Sanders lost the primary.

Democrats should chosen better but he should have also run a better campaign.
    Don't blame Democrats for Sanders' lousy campaigning. He knew what he was getting into and failed to account for what the voters wanted.

Guess what'll happen when Sanders enters the general.

BANNED

We're not going to be taking advice on people that have been so wrong for so long.

Don't worry though, we'll clean up the mess the dem loyalists made and beat the republicans for good.
    Basically, The "LIBERALS" are so scared of change and progress they continually delude themselves with utter nonsense. They are continually wrong, and only look back when they start losing elections after learning nothing.

It's why I refuse to quote or respond to some that post here. Their nonsense has been continual for the last few years. They want to beat Trump so bad, they'll accept another Trump, as long as that Trump has a D next to his name.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Don't blame Democrats for Sanders' lousy campaigning. He knew what he was getting into and failed to account for what the voters wanted.

Guess what'll happen when Sanders enters the general.
    It's possible that he could win but fighting with the Democratic party won't help his efforts to beat Republicans.