Page 337 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Anyone who thinks that unhinged people on the Right Wing in America that hear this, thinks Trump means firing her instead of firing on her is a loon.

'Take her out':
    I wonder if Trump ever actually ordered a hit job on someone? Now that would make headlines.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Anyone who thinks that unhinged people on the Right Wing in America that hear this, thinks Trump means firing her instead of firing on her is a loon.

'Take her out':
    100% agree. It couldn’t be more obvious that he’s asking his followers to ‘deal’ with his problem. Which is why LITERALLY any of the current Dem candidates would be better than him. Just like Hillary, for all her many flaws, would have been better for us than Trump in 2016. But the ‘enthusiasm gap’ - and blatant cheating by the Republicans - gave us Trump then, and I just don’t see any evidence that things will go differently this time around. .

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Am I on time for the #BernieIsCanceled party?
    Wait, nobody is talking out this? Paul? Anyone?

I though this thread was full of Bernie haters just waiting for another blunder.

Not only is alt-right booster, homophobe, transphobe racist, conspiracy theory loon and all around disgusting piece of **** Joe Rogan endorsing Bernard - the Sanders campaign actually put a video together to brag about it.

Say what you will about Tulsi Gabbard, she did not brag about those David Duke endorsements.
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 01-24-2020 at 12:30 PM.

A Major Fear for Democrats: Will the Party Come Together by November?

FORT DODGE, Iowa — Democrats have always represented a cacophonous array of individuals and interests, but the so-called big tent is now stretching over a constituency so unwieldy that it’s easy to understand why voters remain torn this close to Iowa, where no clear front-runner has emerged.

The party’s voters are splintered across generational, racial and ideological lines, prompting some liberals to express reluctance about rallying behind a moderate presidential nominee, and those closer to the political middle to voice unease with a progressive standard-bearer.

The lack of a united front has many party leaders anxious — and for good reason. In over 50 interviews across three early-voting states — Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina — a number of Democratic primary voters expressed grave reservations about the current field of candidates, and in some cases a clear reluctance to vote for a nominee who was too liberal or too centrist for their tastes.
    As she walked out of a campaign event for former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. in Fort Dodge this week, Barbara Birkett said she was leaning toward caucusing for Senator Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, and dismissed the notion of even considering the two progressives in the race, Senators Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts.
    Note: I will support the candidate, regardless. I'm not staying home this year.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Joe Rogan regularly gives a platform to hateful people like Milo Yiannopoulos, Alex Jones, James Damore and Steven Crowder. He mainstreams sexist, racist, homophobic and transphobic rhetoric + people.

His endorsement of Bernie is an embarrassment, not a point of pride.

Many of the people Joe Rogan has had on his show have launched violent harassment campaigns against women, people of color, and the LGBTQ community. I'm one of them. I wrote about my experience as a target back in 2016, when they were attacking Clinton.

https://twitter.com/brosandprose/sta...047785473?s=20

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A Major Fear for Democrats: Will the Party Come Together by November?

Note: I will support the candidate, regardless. I'm not staying home this year.
    On the left, you have the sprawling, somewhat disorganized cornucopia of diversity that's the Democratic Party. On the right, the Borg-like, hive mind, whiter than sugar on a snowpack collective that's the Republican Party. Somewhere in the middle are voters struggling to decide one way or another and not sure which way to turn, even if the GOP is hellbent on torching the Constitution and democracy as a whole to save Trump's orange ass. It's a crazy time indeed for this country, and we're still eight months away from Election Day.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Wait, nobody is talking out this? Paul? Anyone?

I though this thread was full of Bernie haters just waiting for another blunder.

Not only is alt-right booster, homophobe, transphobe racist, conspiracy theory loon and all around disgusting piece of **** Joe Rogan endorsing Bernard - the Sanders campaign actually put a video together to brag about it.

Say what you will about Tulsi Gabbard, she did not brag about those David Duke endorsements.
    It's ... wow.

Sanders doesn't just need to denounce that clip, he needs to turn down the endorsement and FIRE whoever decided to campaign on Rogan's Bernie love.

This decision by the campaign shows that they are seriously working under the delusion that they can win the election by peeling away voters from Trump's base. They risk losing what small headway they had made with the black community. They will lose many women voters, queer voters and just people who have some decency.

If Bernard does not correct this immediately and forcefully, he put himself in sixth place in the primaries.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

The backlash is real.

I sure hope every minority group is paying attention to the bros today. Queer, POC, disabled people, all of you better be paying attention, this is how all of you are going to be treated. They’re not the left, they’re a cis white male reactionary movement dressed up as leftism.
    https://twitter.com/SJGrunewald/stat...594313216?s=20

Last month Bernie had to retract his endorsement of misogynist Cenk Uygur, & today he's bragging about support from transphobe Joe Rogan. But when Warren dared claim he said a woman couldn't win, his top surrogates called her a liar & his supporters spammed her with �� emojis
    https://twitter.com/SissyVillain/sta...507558917?s=20

To sum up how I feel about the Bernie/Rogan fiasco: If you're proud of the support you get from a transphobe, I can't be proud of voting for you, so I won't. Period.
    https://twitter.com/ShivaHypatia/sta...550842881?s=20

Berniebros: Sure, Joe Rogan is a racist, misogynist, and raging transphobe, but he supports Medicare for All!
    https://twitter.com/MadisonKittay/st...194512897?s=20

Why on earth would Bernie Sanders amplify the endorsement of prominent transphobe and alt-right sympathizer Joe Rogan as if it were a good thing? I get that he can't necessarily control who endorses him, but it should be really, really easy to denounce it—or at least not amplify.
    https://twitter.com/ChuckMcKnight/st...471590912?s=20

How many times does a man have to use the n-word, muse about women giving oral sex, stipulate that homosexuality might be caused by molestation, or call transwomen "men" before you are willing to call them a bigot?
    https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/...262215168?s=20
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 01-24-2020 at 01:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Is all this really over Joe Rogan saying he might vote for Bernie? Seriously do the resident trolls have anything better to do? No wonder so many people left this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Is all this really over Joe Rogan saying he might vote for Bernie? Seriously do the resident trolls have anything better to do? No wonder so many people left this thread.
    No, it's not.
    It's about the Bernie campaign celebrating that endorsement and putting a video together to brag about the endorsement.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 01-25-2020 at 01:38 AM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    No, it's not.
    It's about the Biden campaign celebrating that endorsement and putting a video together to brag about the endorsement.
    And....

Here's the thing dude, you and Squirrel man and a few others in this thread critcize evrything he does and have already tried to make mountain out of mole hills before. Unless you already were a rabid Bernie supporter before, nobody really cares because it's a boy who cried wolf syndrome.

It's just gaslighting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    And....

Here's the thing dude, you and Squirrel man and a few others in this thread critcize evrything he does and have already tried to make mountain out of mole hills before. Unless you already were a rabid Bernie supporter before, nobody really cares because it's a boy who cried wolf syndrome.

It's just gaslighting at this point.
    Seriously?

As a Sanders supporter, you should be very worried about this move. Acting like it is no big deal will do nothing to reduce the damage this will do to Sanders' standing with Democratic voters. He's not in the generals yet. This is still the primaries, and embracing a guy who compared black neighborhoods to "Planet of the Apes" is shooting himself in the foot.

Hillary was right!

see what i mean? palpable hatred^

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    You wonder why I say that, as you post unreasonable nonsense about how bullied Bernie is while people rail against literally every candidate who isn’t him. Since paying attention to the thread you are participating in is too hard for you, apparently, take a look at Tazerai and their list of candidates they will not support for lack of idealogical purity, or Numberthirty constantly ragging on Dems at every opportunity, and refusing the reality that ‘voting Trump out’ is more important than perfection on every front. Like, they LITERALLY posted relevant posts in the time since you last insisted I do the work for you...

As to ‘hatred’...? Oh NO!!!! Saint Bernie got called ‘unlikeable’ by some people on a message board?!?!? You are right. People DO hate him! I’ve never HEARD such vitriol lobbed at a candidate!! *eyeroll*

But please...keep proving my point about the fanatical, pseudo-religious fervor with which some Bernie supporters hold him with every feverish post in defense of Saint Bernardus Immaculatus.

Meanwhile, I’ll go ahead and pay attention to the human beings running for office, not the half-divine demigod of liberalism you are here to defend and exalt above all other heresies...
    what part of "i'm a warren supporter" don't you understand? anyways, say what you like. but you better be supporting Bernie when he wins the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    see what i mean? palpable hatred^
    Cultish adoration of pure Bernie.