Page 937 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 4378378879279339349359369379389399409419479871037 ... LastLast
Results 14,041 to 14,055 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Football specifically gets a lot of money because in many schools the football program actually generates money used for other sports. Athletic departments are often dependent on the football program to determine how much they can spend for the rest of the year.
    Thats insane

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I worry about my Grandad in Tennessee. He's 90 and reliant on people to come in to take care of him, plus I know he won't change his routine for anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I don't think anyone has said a single word about Tulsi Gabbard in months except mocking laughter about her still being in this.
    Wait, did Tulsi finally drop out?
    Yes her did lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Sure, but your not using it correctly. Why is it going to football stadiums and such? Why is it not actually being used to educate ?
    I totally believe the problem is that the money isn't being used correctly. But that's a different problem than starving the schools of funds.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Football specifically gets a lot of money because in many schools the football program actually generates money used for other sports. Athletic departments are often dependent on the football program to determine how much they can spend for the rest of the year.
    Your post led me to an insightful article on this.
    https://www.athleticbusiness.com/hig...ames-span.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Normally I'd agree with you. But Trump isnt Normal. To ignore that is to admit your not a progressive interested in helping anyone but selfish, utterly focused on your guy.
    Umm, again not how this works. I've already said I'm voting for the Nominee this one last time and I'm done with the Democratic party. I've said it multiple times.

The ONLY person people could have kissed my black ass about was Bloomberg. I will never support that racist, bigoted, a-hole who helped tear up the Tri-state area and Delaware.
    But since the party is now Okay with Bloomberg, because he's their guy, I'm done with it. I wish Progressives, and Liberals, and Centrists, and Moderates, who stick with the Democrats good luck in their future endeavors.

The Biden campaign has a solid informational video on the coronavirus and what we could do, punctuated by credentialed criticism of the Trump administration.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1241416531684331526
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member

Just to cap off my previous comments on anybody stupid enough to believe China's claims:

https://twitter.com/lokinhei/status/1241220936906338304

The reason they've had no new cases is because they've stopped testing for the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Umm, again not how this works. I've already said I'm voting for the Nominee this one last time and I'm done with the Democratic party. I've said it multiple times.

The ONLY person people could have kissed my black ass about was Bloomberg. I will never support that racist, bigoted, a-hole who helped tear up the Tri-state area and Delaware.
    But since the party is now Okay with Bloomberg, because he's their guy, I'm done with it. I wish Progressives, and Liberals, and Centrists, and Moderates, who stick with the Democrats good luck in their future endeavors.
    Sure your voting, but your just making it worse by spitting endless bile about him. May as well not bother voting frankly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Starfish View Post
    I think it’s a great idea to include basic financing in schools education. I don’t know what the current schools are doing but we definitely didn’t have that at my school. I grew up in the 90s, graduated high school in 04, and college in 08.
    One of the things I say I miss about the 80's. I mean Philly had it rockin when I went to school there. How times have changed. Not saying it's terrible, but so many of the things I had at Parkway and Sayre, and Heston, even Penn State, were things they don't have now. I graduated in 1992 and I don't think they send kids overseas anymore. They might but I don't know which schools do.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    I think it was taken away in the 80s. I know I had Economics in my senior year in 99. 2006 they had 52% of students knowing Financial literacy. By 2008 it was down to 48%. Not sure what the numbers would be now but when my mom and dad were in school they had a lot of stuff we don't get any more. Economics, home ec, stuff you need to live. Not suprised it got cut more since W. And Trump have been in office.

https://journalstar.com/business/ber...1e47483e4.html
    It's amazing that in order to pass the Home Ec class, not only did we have to show a gain in money, but we actively had to use the account and maintain 5% above the minimum PA gave us which as 25 bucks.

Its mostly because the governments starve the schools of funds then throw red meat to their base so they ignore it
    That's the thing I don't get about America. I've had an education here and in Japan, and the Japanese definitely don't skimp on Education. I went to Kanagawa Sohgoh High and they were the **** lol. I don't understand why schools just don't receive money based on body count, and not on some polticians biases liberal, or conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Pretty much. They've cut a lot on the arts and daily life classes.
    Art makes life liveable. I remember going to plays, shows, historical tours, Overseas trips, etc. Just to learn and enjoy another country. We've seemed to progress and regress at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The US spends more money per student than most countries, so it's not mainly a funding issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nd-south-korea
    The issue is that the way we fund schools is by stripping schools of money if they test poorly and allow for students with the means to leave to get vouchers to go to “better” schools. Meanwhile, high-performing schools get excess money to spend on curriculum and the like and thus it gets dumped into chrome books and the like. The ideal situation would be to stop throwing money at successful schools, which are likely doing well because of high property taxes (the main revenue stream for public schools) anyway and start directing more state funds to schools that are underperforming to get the much-needed curriculum updates.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

BANNED

Sure your voting, but your just making it worse by spitting endless bile about him. May as well not bother voting frankly.
    About Bloomberg?
    Yeah, **** that guy.

I know Biden isn't going to help me much at all. Much less help the country as a whole. But I'll take no help vs destruction.
    Whatever comes after Biden is on the party elites.

"Nothing will fundamentally change."

Good news in Russia. There is a stunningly low incidence rate of Coronavirus, with 306 reported cases. That's the exact same number as Estonia, which has a population of 1.3 million.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Bad news in Russia. There is a surge in "Russian pnuemonia," twenty times what it was last year.

https://qz.com/1822523/russia-report...-in-pneumonia/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    About Bloomberg?
    Yeah, **** that guy.

I know Biden isn't going to help me much at all. Much less help the country as a whole. But I'll take no help vs destruction.
    Whatever comes after Biden is on the party elites.

"Nothing will fundamentally change."

Oh yes **** Bloomberg. Theres a reason everyone tore him apart. But I can also understand (if definitely not agree with) why people would back him. Sure he'd be a piece of ****, but he'd of been an efficent one and some people just want normalacy. Especially during that brief period when his money actually made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Good news in Russia. There is a stunningly low incidence rate of Coronavirus, with 306 reported cases. That's the exact same number as Estonia, which has a population of 1.3 million.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Bad news in Russia. There is a surge in "Russian pnuemonia," twenty times what it was last year.

https://qz.com/1822523/russia-report...-in-pneumonia/
    Ah the usual authoritarian bullshit.