Page 1031 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 315319319811021102710281029103010311032103310341035104110811131 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,465 of 17573
  1. #15451
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    13,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    trump Has Stake In Hydroxy*********** Drugmaker. Now we know why he's been pushing a drug that the medical community isn't.
    Try telling Trump supporters this and getting told how pathetic I am for "attacking the President" etc. Its beyond silly. Advising people to let Doctors clear something is clearly being the voice of reason anymore is wrong.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  2. #15452
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Well, Rand Paul is infectious himself and on death's door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He has recovered, and is volunteering at a local hospital.

    https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ra...g-at-hospital/
    It was a clearly unfounded bit of nonsense to start with, no?

  3. #15453
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,664

    Default

    President Trump: "I think mail-in voting is horrible, it's corrupt."

    Reporter: "You voted by mail in Florida's election last month, didn't you?"

    Trump: "Sure. I can vote by mail"

    Reporter: "How do you reconcile with that?"

    Trump: "Because I'm allowed to."

    Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

  4. #15454
    Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    WtF.

    How much longer must we have with this idiot!

  5. #15455
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,854

    Default

    Republicans want Murphy to change his mind, keep parks open during coronavirus

    Some prominent New Jersey Republicans are urging Gov. Phil Murphy to rescind his executive order closing state parks amid the coronavirus outbreak.

    Former Assemblyman Jack Ciattarelli, who is seeking the Republican nomination against Murphy in 2021, posted a video on Tuesday night calling on Murphy to change his mind.
    “For many people, our state and county parks are critically important outlets, especially in our urban and high density areas,” Ciattarelli says on the video.

    “Is there no way for people to enjoy passive recreation while steadfastly observing safe social distancing,” he adds.

    Murphy closed all state and county parks via a single executive order Tuesday, citing reports of visitors gathering too closely and disregarding social distancing guidelines aimed at reducing the spread of the coronavirus in New Jersey.

    Douglas Steinhardt, chair of the New Jersey Republican State Committee, also appealed for reconsideration via a tweet and said the State Legislature should get involved, if necessary.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #15456
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Try telling Trump supporters this and getting told how pathetic I am for "attacking the President" etc. Its beyond silly. Advising people to let Doctors clear something is clearly being the voice of reason anymore is wrong.
    The New York Times article mentioned it as an aside in a larger article.

    Mr. Trump may ultimately be right, and physicians report anecdotal evidence that has provided hope. But it remains far from certain, and the president’s assertiveness in pressing the case over the advice of advisers like Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, the government’s top infectious disease specialist, has driven a wedge inside his coronavirus task force and has raised questions about his motives.

    If hydroxy*********** becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Mr. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxy***********.

    “I certainly understand why the president is pushing it,” said Dr. Joshua Rosenberg, a critical care at Brooklyn Hospital Center. “He’s the president of the United States. He has to project hope. And when you are in a situation without hope, things go very badly. So I’m not faulting him for pushing it even if there isn’t a lot of science behind it, because it is, at this point, the best, most available option for use.”
    We'll learn more about the specifics soon, but if Trump has a small stake in one of several companies that makes a drug, he probably would not stand to gain that much money.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  7. #15457
    Ultimate Member Mister Mets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,064

    Default

    New Jersey does have the highest population density of any state, so having parks open is beneficial because it offers citizens an alternative, and risky because there is the likelihood of too many people clustering around particular areas.

    Currently, the parks in New York City, where I live, are open. I live really close to a 538 acre park with a variety of trails. It's a nice way to get out of the house and get some exercise without having to come close to anyone, especially in an indoor setting.

    I am concerned about the possibility of blanket closures of all parks in the city, because a few idiots might cluster around one another in Central Park. I get the rationale for a ban on going into any parks, and that it would be hard to close only a handful of parks (there is also the likely problem that when some parks are closed, the people would just go to another one.) But there is a strong argument that it does more good than harm to allow people access to open spaces right now, even if some of them are going to be idiots.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

  8. #15458
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,605

    Default

    Uhhhhhh... hey, WBE? Paul Broun is back.

    https://twitter.com/mbaram/status/12...987339269?s=21

    Just edited to add: that commercial is all kinds of whoa racist, which is not a surprise.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 04-07-2020 at 10:58 PM.

  9. #15459
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    23,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    New Jersey does have the highest population density of any state, so having parks open is beneficial because it offers citizens an alternative, and risky because there is the likelihood of too many people clustering around particular areas.

    Currently, the parks in New York City, where I live, are open. I live really close to a 538 acre park with a variety of trails. It's a nice way to get out of the house and get some exercise without having to come close to anyone, especially in an indoor setting.

    I am concerned about the possibility of blanket closures of all parks in the city, because a few idiots might cluster around one another in Central Park. I get the rationale for a ban on going into any parks, and that it would be hard to close only a handful of parks (there is also the likely problem that when some parks are closed, the people would just go to another one.) But there is a strong argument that it does more good than harm to allow people access to open spaces right now, even if some of them are going to be idiots.
    All public parks are an invitation for grouping and clustering. That is why you need to close them all down. I understand the need to get out of the house if you can, to go for a walk. By having parks closed, it forces people to think in terms of walking somewhere where there are few people. A park is like a neon sign, 'Come Here One and All'.

    That is like opening movie theaters when people can watch TV and movies at home instead. Or opening Shopping malls, when people can shop online from home or buy local to keep away from crowds.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #15460
    Ultimate Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,613

    Default

    https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...s-say/2251983/

    ECMO Machine Used to Save COVID-19 Patientís Life, Officials Say

  11. #15461
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    14,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    All public parks are an invitation for grouping and clustering. That is why you need to close them all down. I understand the need to get out of the house if you can, to go for a walk. By having parks closed, it forces people to think in terms of walking somewhere where there are few people. A park is like a neon sign, 'Come Here One and All'.

    That is like opening movie theaters when people can watch TV and movies at home instead. Or opening Shopping malls, when people can shop online from home or buy local to keep away from crowds.
    I disagree. Sure, there were a lot of idiots out and about in Chicago that made the Mayor force her hand. But where I live there are a lot of parks with enough trails to easily accommodate the social separation order. And I think it's good for people to get out into the fresh air if they live in an apt. building with no yard of their own.

  12. #15462
    Extraordinary Member Malvolio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Freeville, NY
    Posts
    8,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    No different than Ayn Rand accepting Social Security money after years of railing against it. It's classic "Do as I say, not as I do" behavior.
    Watching television is not an activity.

  13. #15463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Uhhhhhh... hey, WBE? Paul Broun is back.

    https://twitter.com/mbaram/status/12...987339269?s=21

    Just edited to add: that commercial is all kinds of whoa racist, which is not a surprise.
    For f***'s sake.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  14. #15464

    Default

    It was on this day in both 2015, as well as 2016, that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profiled Scott Brown, who after being defeated by Sen. Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts in 2012, carpet-bagged his way up to New Hampshire to attempt a challenge of Sen. Jean Shaheen in the 2014 midterm elections, also failing there. In that 2012 campaign, he falsely sent out fundraising e-mails claiming that MSNBC anchor Rachel Maddow was running against him, and then made a series of misogynistic attacks against Elizabeth Warren once she entered the race, including having his staffers go to her rallies and try mocking her for putting Native American heritage on her college forms by war-whooping and doing a tomahawk chop (which obviously made them look far more like the ***holes). During his campaign against Jean Shaheen, he reversed position and denied climate change existed, accused illegal immigrants crossing the U.S./Mexico border of bringing the Ebola Virus with them (which makes zero sense), and gave out free alcohol to college students at a tailgate fundraiser, leading to viral videos of Dudebros for Brown chanting, “F*** Jean Shaheen” and “F*** her right in the p****”. Because that’s effective campaigning. And yes, Brown once modeled nude for in Cosmopolitan magazine back in 1982 as a male centerfold. Brown spent 2016 campaigning for Donald Trump, but did not returned into the fold as a candidate since 2014.



    On this date in 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” had its original profile to discuss Ken Weyler, a member of the New Hampshire House of Representatives who originally served nine terms in that body from 1990-2008, before taking a loss in 2008 and laying low for two years. He returned to office in a 2010 special election, garnered some attention when he argued against insurance covering mental health problems because, as he claims, “mental illness is an elaborate racket” where “by cutting the amount of help we're willing to offer, we'd like them to discover that some of these people can be cured.” That probably should have alarmed people, as should his voting record, since Weyler has taken the hardest of hard lines on most issues across the board, be it sponsoring the effort by New Hampshire Republicans to sue the federal government over the Affordable Care Act, voting for obviously unconstitutional legislation to force public school students to stand for the pledge of allegiance, opposition to New Hampshire’s SB 390, which would have prevented housing discrimination against victims of domestic violence, and a vote against a bill which was written to establish a buffer zone outside of abortion clinics to keep protesters from getting close enough to bar the door, or attack those going in.

    Now, it’s not Ken Weyler’s legislative record that really made him stand out to us. It was when he made the news in February of 2016 as he submitted testimony to a state House committee hearing for a bill he co-sponsored that would prohibit "any member of a foreign terrorist organization from receiving public assistance, medical assistance, or food stamps." That already sounded xenophobic and bigoted, but it got worse during the hearing, as Weyler argued that giving public assistance to Muslims amounts to “treason”. And that quote is most definitely not just the heat of the moment, because the prepared remarks that Weyler had included his opinions that In his written testimony, Weyler said that all "terrorist attacks of the last twenty years have been by Muslim fanatics" (which is false when you have people like Dylann Roof and James Dear running around, to name a few). Weyler then went on to rant about the Tsarnaev brothers, who perpetrated the Boston Marathon bombing and claimed both where not just “raised on public benefits” (reports are their mother did in their youth), but wasn’t satisfied and lied to claim Tamerlan still was because, "one of them married and put his wife on public benefits. If he had to support his family, he might have had more devotion to his job and not to bomb building and radicalizing his brother." Weyler continued in his testimony, admitting that there are "Muslims in our community who are working hard to be economically successful", but calling for an end to any welfare for Muslims because, “if one does not have to be responsible for what all the rest of us do to support ourselves, then ‘The Devil has work for idle hands." Weyler then meandered back into an argument that all Muslims are responsible for terrorism (which would be news to the IRA up in Ireland), charging that Islam is not a real religion.

    "You may hear from some opposition to this bill, but I must remind you that in the Muslim religion the word ‘taqiyya’ describes how its adherents are expected to lie to non-believers to advance their cause. I say cause rather than religion because this is an ideology posing as a religion. Islam is intolerant and deceitful, and its adherents are ordered to overthrow our way of life and to replace it with ‘sharia’ law. Anyone who attends a mosque is expected to contribute. Ten percent of the contributions are labeled ‘zakat’ and are used to fund ‘jihad’ or religious war against us.”
    We wish we could report that being that much of an intolerant piece of garbage was enough to deny Weyler his nineteenth non-consecutive term in the 2018 elections, but alas, he was one of only four Republicans who ran for office for the four seats in the New Hampshire House of Representatives, guaranteeing his re-election. He has since returned to office to vote against all sorts of common sense legislation, such as a bill to raise the minimum wage to $9.50 in his state (during the greatest period of income inequality in our country in a century), voted against a prohibition on the death penalty (that received bipartisan support) and voted against a commission to properly investigate any sexual harassment complaints that should come forth in the legislature.

    We’re hoping that 2020 is the year the residents of New Hampshire are rid of him, but it’s up to them to vote him out.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  15. #15465
    Extraordinary Member Tendrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    For f***'s sake.
    That was my literal, RL out loud reaction, ahahahahaha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •