Page 949 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 4498498999399459469479489499509519529539599991049 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,235 of 17573
  1. #14221
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I would argue that it is kinda hard to deal with a crisis if you can’t even be trusted, as a Senator, to vote on a measure that, for better or worse, is designed to do something about said crisis. Especially if you are gonna curse at a reporter, you probably should back that up with meaningful action. Unlike Biden, Sanders is in a position to actually do something. I would expect him to do so.
    Manu Raju is a disingenuous hack, and has attacked many progressives outside of Sanders. Also, Joe Cursed at and threatened a VOTER, and what was your response to that?

    Also, Bernie has been using his network, If you wanted to, you could have googled it.

    This is what I meant in my response to you the other night. You said you wanted to know where people stand and other things, and when we tell you, it's not appreciated only countered. Then when asking you to be honest about a situation it comes across as a crass look down on the other party. Sanders IS doing something, Biden can do the same if he wanted. The Vote yesterday was filled with poison and Rand Paul a senator has it, and others may have it also. Males are 3 times as likely to die from this as women.

    Sanders is not only hosting town halls and making plans to bring to the senate but raising money to help without the assistance of the government.

    Sanders raises over $2 million for coronavirus relief effort

    Sen. Bernie Sanders's (I-Vt.) campaign said Saturday morning that it had raised more than $2 million in the last 48 hours for several charities that are working to combat the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S.

    The money raised will go to No Kid Hungry, One Fair Wage Emergency Fund, Meals on Wheels, Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund and the National Domestic Workers Alliance, the campaign announced.

    "What we've seen in the last two days is the definition of fighting for someone you don’t know," Robin Curran, the Sanders campaign's digital fundraising director, said in a statement.

    "The people supporting this campaign have made more than 50,000 donations to help those most impacted by coronavirus because they understand that now more than ever it is important that we are in this together," Curran added.

    There have been more than 19,600 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. and at least 260 deaths, according to John Hopkins University.

  2. #14222
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Bad faith attack Darman, and you know it.
    If he had been there, you'd be criticizing him. Elizabeth Warren voted no, and the not there vote is basically the same as her no vote.
    Why would I have criticized him for being there? That’s literally his job. And it isn’t a “bad faith attack”—I’m just pointing out his statements and cursing out a reporter, implying he is actively involved in trying to get the crisis to subside. Instead, Sanders is about as involved as Biden is, despite Biden not being a sitting Senator or government official.

    I’m glad she voted no, but, no, a “not there” vote (which isn’t a vote to be clear) doesn’t count for anything. It changed the margins needed for passing or defeating a bill. Sanders could very well have risked a horrible bill to pass because he couldn’t be bothered to do his job and vote his conscience.

    But again What are Bidens plans and ideas?
    He would’ve acted quicker and ensured that people coming from international territories were screened at airports and tested if their symptoms matched. He would’ve ensured that testing was prioritized over stopping a stock market fall. He would’ve pushed for drive thru testing sites. He talked about this all at the debate, in his address today, and has pointed to experts whose opinions were instrumental to the anti-Ebola effort under the Obama Administration. Just because one might argue it doesn’t go far enough doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to his ideas. That seems like more of a bad faith attack.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  3. #14223
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Here's an example of a Procedural vote.

    The Senate calls all members to a vote on whether or not to use a TI-84 or a TI-84 Plus calculator...


    Bernie sanders Abstains
    Elizabeth Warren votes no

    Lol.

  4. #14224
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Manu Raju is a disingenuous hack, and has attacked many progressives outside of Sanders. Also, Joe Cursed at and threatened a VOTER, and what was your response to that?

    Also, Bernie has been using his network, If you wanted to, you could have googled it.

    This is what I meant in my response to you the other night. You said you wanted to know where people stand and other things, and when we tell you, it's not appreciated only countered. Then when asking you to be honest about a situation it comes across as a crass look down on the other party. Sanders IS doing something, Biden can do the same if he wanted. The Vote yesterday was filled with poison and Rand Paul a senator has it, and others may have it also. Males are 3 times as likely to die from this as women.

    Sanders is not only hosting town halls and making plans to bring to the senate but raising money to help without the assistance of the government.

    Sanders raises over $2 million for coronavirus relief effort
    I stand by what I said the other night. I’m not trying to be dismissive of your viewpoint and I am glad that he is doing this other work. But I do think that he has the power to make actual policy and should be trying to do that also. I know that if Biden were a sitting Senator and he sat out a vote after insisting he would be proactive in dealing with the situation, you would rightfully be irritated that he would miss a key vote.

    As for the voter situation, the voter was actively talking in false platitudes about Biden’s record on the Second Amendment; the reporter was just asking a question about Sanders’ intention to stay in the race. I don’t think I could come up with two more different scenarios if I tried.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  5. #14225
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Here's an example of a Procedural vote.

    The Senate calls all members to a vote on whether or not to use a TI-84 or a TI-84 Plus calculator...


    Bernie sanders Abstains
    Elizabeth Warren votes no

    Lol.
    You can vote to abstain only if you are present. Sanders wasn’t present for the vote. This is a poor example.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  6. #14226
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Why would I have criticized him for being there? That’s literally his job. And it isn’t a “bad faith attack”—I’m just pointing out his statements and cursing out a reporter, implying he is actively involved in trying to get the crisis to subside. Instead, Sanders is about as involved as Biden is, despite Biden not being a sitting Senator or government official.

    I’m glad she voted no, but, no, a “not there” vote (which isn’t a vote to be clear) doesn’t count for anything. It changed the margins needed for passing or defeating a bill. Sanders could very well have risked a horrible bill to pass because he couldn’t be bothered to do his job and vote his conscience.



    He would’ve acted quicker and ensured that people coming from international territories were screened at airports and tested if their symptoms matched. He would’ve ensured that testing was prioritized over stopping a stock market fall. He would’ve pushed for drive thru testing sites. He talked about this all at the debate, in his address today, and has pointed to experts whose opinions were instrumental to the anti-Ebola effort under the Obama Administration. Just because one might argue it doesn’t go far enough doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to his ideas. That seems like more of a bad faith attack.
    At this point I honestly don't think you'd give Sanders props for anything. He's actually doing things in and out of the Senate, but he missed a single vote on a nothing bill loaded with poison for the middle class.

  7. #14227
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I stand by what I said the other night. I’m not trying to be dismissive of your viewpoint and I am glad that he is doing this other work. But I do think that he has the power to make actual policy and should be trying to do that also. I know that if Biden were a sitting Senator and he sat out a vote after insisting he would be proactive in dealing with the situation, you would rightfully be irritated that he would miss a key vote.

    As for the voter situation, the voter was actively talking in false platitudes about Biden’s record on the Second Amendment; the reporter was just asking a question about Sanders’ intention to stay in the race. I don’t think I could come up with two more different scenarios if I tried.
    And there we have it... sigh.
    It's all good man. Lol. /smh

  8. #14228
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    At this point I honestly don't think you'd give Sanders props for anything. He's actually doing things in and out of the Senate, but he missed a single vote on a nothing bill loaded with poison for the middle class.
    I honestly think that is more true of you as it pertains to folks like Clinton and Biden. Meanwhile, I do honestly commend Sanders for donating his campaign money and his previous novel ideas that I agreed with, like a police shooting immediately triggering a federal investigation.

    All I’m saying is that I would like a guy whose elected position—a position he was elected to as recently as 2018 with the intention, I hope, of performing the work in the Senate that position asks for—calls on him to vote on policy to actually, y’know, vote on policy.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 03-23-2020 at 01:24 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  9. #14229
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,849

    Default

    What a time when Joe Manchin is more upset at Republicans than his fellow Democrats.

    Sen. Joe Manchin erupts into shouting match with McConnell: You’re ‘more concerned about the health of Wall Street’

    “You can throw all the money at Wall Street you want to,” Manchin said after McConnell blamed Democrats for a stalled stimulus bill. “People are afraid to leave their homes. They’re afraid of the health care. I’ve got workers who don’t have masks. I’ve got health care workers who don’t have gowns.”

    “And it looks like we’re worried more about the economy than we are the health care and the wellbeing of the people of America,” the West Virginia senator complained.
    Joe Fucking Manchin.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  10. #14230
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Rand Paul should go stay at his daddies house. I imagine all the "Free Market" morons out there want the government to deny Rand access to any government funded treatment from the virus yeah?

    Atlas coughed. Just as Ron Paul calls coronavirus a hoax, Rand tests positive

  11. #14231
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,402

    Default

    Biden has a lot of power right now and should be using it to get Pelosi and other Democrats on board with his plans, Bernies, and Yangs. He may not be elected yet, but he has an unofficial capacity to " Get things done" as they say. Use all the mailing lists and donors to help people. Worry about your VP pick later.

  12. #14232
    Fighting Injustice on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    WV ...in the Middle of Nowhere !
    Posts
    13,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    What a time when Joe Manchin is more upset at Republicans than his fellow Democrats.

    Sen. Joe Manchin erupts into shouting match with McConnell: You’re ‘more concerned about the health of Wall Street’



    Joe Fucking Manchin.
    Manchin has stunned people with his voting for Impeachment a couple months ago and more. Guy has stepped it up big time during this and showed why I'll vote for him come 2020 in my state. Giving McConnell a literal beat down on TV verbally was awesome.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.

  13. #14233
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,714

    Default

    Bernie is a good Senator, he will remain a good Senator. Let's move on to getting Biden elected.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  14. #14234
    Mighty Member TheDarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Manchin has stunned people with his voting for Impeachment a couple months ago and more. Guy has stepped it up big time during this and showed why I'll vote for him come 2020 in my state. Giving McConnell a literal beat down on TV verbally was awesome.
    I thought Manchin won re-election in 2018 though. Wouldn’t he be up for re-election again in 2024? That gives him plenty of time to be known as the renegade who held both Trump and Biden’s feet to the fire and appease West Virginians on that front.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

    Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

  15. #14235
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default


    Ah yes, clearly she cares greatly about helping the nation and is not simply trying to use an emergency to push a wish list that otherwise would never have a chance of passing. You can tell she's super serious because of all the relevant regulations she inserted into the bill:

    -Subsidies for solar and wind power are clearly about reacting to the virus.
    -A massive handout to public employees unions is clearly about the virus.
    -Bailing out the post office is about reacting to the virus.
    -Same day voter registration is about reacting to the virus.
    -Emission regulations on commercial airlines are clearly about reacting to the virus.
    -Regulating the diversity of corporate boards is clearly about reacting to the virus.


    Anyhow, there's 1400 pages to the Dem's plan and those are just a handful of the goodies they've stuffed in there. Their entire plan is to reject the Senate's bill (which Schumer was just praising as bipartisan a day or two ago) and hope that the public blames the Republicans.

    That's it.

    If they were serious about it they'd strip all the "corporate welfare" and pass a clean bill. But they have no such interest and most of the people on this comment board will pretend otherwise.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •