Page 372 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472872 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 17573

To beat the Republicans we must elect someone who doesn't campaign for them or will consider picking a Republican as his running mate.

https://www.metrotimes.com/news-hits...ad-of-midterms

"New York Times: Joe Biden campaigned for Michigan Republican ahead of midterms

Centrist Democrat Joe Biden campaigned in October for Republican Rep. Fred Upton just ahead of the midterms.

Biden, who is considering a 2020 run for the presidency, did so at a time when Democrats were desperate to take control of the House and gain some power to stop Trump.

The New York Times reports that Biden was paid $200,000 to speak at a rally in Benton Harbor, and he and the GOP were successful as Upton edged Democrat Matt Longjohn by four points."

"Joe Biden says he would consider a Republican for his running mate

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/30/p...can/index.html

Exeter, New Hampshire (CNN)Joe Biden told voters in New Hampshire on Monday that he would consider choosing a Republican as a running mate, but added, "I can't think of one right now."

Biden discussed the possibility after a woman told the former vice president that if he is the nominee, he will "have to pull out all the stops."

"Our 21-year-old son said the other night, 'I wonder if Joe Biden would consider choosing a Republican as a running mate," the woman added.

"The answer is I would, but I can't think of one now," Biden replied. "Let me explain that. You know there's some really decent Republicans that are out there still, but here's the problem right now ... they've got to step up."
    Bernie2020
    Not Me. Us

This is interesting

"Joe Biden is a man who has devoted his entire life to public service and to the well-being of working families and the middle class" - Bernie Sanders, Oct 2015
    Twitter Link with video

Make of it what you will.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    You can't defend Biden so you slime Bernie, like a trump supporter.
    Seriously.....please read. Your posts the last few days have been laughable. Not two posts ago, on this subject, I defended Biden AND Bernie's vote on that bill. I called it a false attack on them both.

Back away from the shrine.

EXCLUSIVE: Bolton's book draft says Trump told him in August that he wanted to continue freezing aid to Ukraine until they helped with investigations into rivals. w/@maggieNYT
    Twitter Link

---
    Trump Tied Ukraine Aid to Inquiries He Sought, Bolton Book Says

WASHINGTON — President Trump told his national security adviser in August that he wanted to continue freezing $391 million in security assistance to Ukraine until officials there helped with investigations into Democrats including the Bidens, according to an unpublished manuscript by the former adviser, John R. Bolton.

The president’s statement as described by Mr. Bolton could undercut a key element of his impeachment defense: that the holdup in aid was separate from Mr. Trump’s requests that Ukraine announce investigations into his perceived enemies, including former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son Hunter Biden, who had worked for a Ukrainian energy firm while his father was in office.

Mr. Bolton’s explosive account of the matter at the center of Mr. Trump’s impeachment trial, the third in American history, was included in drafts of a manuscript he has circulated in recent weeks to close associates. He also sent a draft to the White House for a standard review process for some current and former administration officials who write books.
    ------

Article says Bolton book submitted to WH for prepublication rev. If Trump and defense team have read it&delaying publication (as nyt suggests), may further obstruction case. This is where Trump decn to use WH lawyers may haunt him. No atty/client privilege
    Twitter Link
    Last edited by Tami; 01-26-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    You can't defend Biden so you slime Bernie, like a trump supporter.
    The argument being made is that it's hypocritical to use this as a reason to back Bernie over Biden, rather than anyone saying anything untrue about Bernie.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    In a "not at all disproportionate response" that doesn't show us how militarized American police have become...

A heavily-armed 25 man swat team was sent to arrest a serial graffiti artist in Tempe, Arizona
    Well, they have all these weapons, so sooner or later, they have to use them, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Wonder how Trump is going to respond to this: Michelle Obama adds Grammy winner to her list of accomplishments
    Melania will just pretend she won a Grammy too. For her Book called Becoming which is about growing up in Chicago as a young black woman....

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    1994 Video of Bernie Sanders saying country needed more jails and 'tougher' penalties in certain cases in remarks backing crime bill

The oppo research is kicking into overdrive now that his opponents smelled blood in the water after the Rogan missteps.

"On the other hand, do I think we need some more jails? Yup. Do I think we have to get tougher in certain instances? Yes, I do," Sanders said. "So what you have is a balance here. You have more money going to law enforcement, more money going into jails. You have, on the other hand, significant sums of money going into prevention, beginning to allow us to deal with violence against women, child abuse and other very serious problems," Sanders said.
    That folks will see one of the only folks who was coming at it from a more balanced perspective is going to hurt Sanders?

Unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That folks will see one of the only folks who was coming at it from a more balanced perspective is going to hurt Sanders?

Unlikely.
    Nuance exists only for Bernie, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    If you have other examples from the time that are anything like Sanders words there, it would be interesting to see it.

As I recall, it was in short supply.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you have other examples from the time that are anything like Sanders words there, it would be interesting to see it.

As I recall, it was in short supply.
    I mean, I just think this makes you look even more disingenuous.

I mean, I just think this makes you look even more disingenuous.
    Which isn't really another example of anyone else being anywhere near as balanced as Sanders was in that quote.

BANNED

And yet we keep hearing how the Bernie supporters are treated unfairly. When is the last time one of them admitted a Bernie flaw? Or defended Biden from an unfair attack.

I'll point out, so far as I've read this thread - that hasn't happened a single time. Meanwhile, there are examples in the last 24 hours of the opposite happening. And yet we hear the whining that they get singled out and no one converses with them.

Perhaps, in a setting like this where discussions can happen, is the time to let your guard down a bit. Otherwise this **** gets old.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well now, isn’t that interesting. Yeah, that does further the case for obstruction.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!