Page 1029 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 295299299791019102510261027102810291030103110321033103910791129 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,435 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker. Now we know why he's been pushing a drug that the medical community isn't.
    Isn’t it sad that I assumed this already from the way he was pushing the drug?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker. Now we know why he's been pushing a drug that the medical community isn't.
    Stevie Wonder could've seen that coming a mile away. I'd love for the WH press corps to grow a pair and ask Trump about that today, then wait for the response.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am sure Metscwill come along and give a labored explanation of why the GOP isn't really disenfranchising voters.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ruth-...b62459a92dc109
    What's your position on the court decision?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think that's fairly obvious.

The Roberts court has never met a voter suppression measure it won't go to the mat to find a way to approve of.

The Robert's court will be remembered as signing off on an assault against democracy and many decisions will be compared to the infamous "seperate but equal" verdict.
    Dark does not mean deep.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 04-07-2020 at 09:53 AM.

It's bullshit and fucked up. What's your?

When Roberts overturned the Voting Rights Act, he was told it would lead to widespread voter suppression and disenfranchisement. All those predictions came true, his opinion was proven 100% wrong. Since then he has taken every opportunity to allow more and more attacks on voting rights. It is not hard to figure out what is behind this. As President Trump stated, if we allow everyone to vote Republicans will never be elected.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 04-07-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It's bullshit and fucked up. What's your?
    Thousands of people who requested voting papers on time, haven’t received them and will be effectively disenfranchised by this vote.

IF the judges main aim is justice, how can the 5 voting this decision through justify their decision? (I understand that the lower courts have to be bound by precedent...but the Supreme Court has more flexibility, surely)

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    My girlfriend’s lifelong friend’s dad passed away as a result of COVID today. Stay safe and healthy everyone and make sure your loved ones know how much you care, even if it is from a distance.
    As the others have said. I'm sorry for your girlfriend's friend's loss. Double so given the circumstances. There's is not much you can day. Give comfort and support and an ear to listen. That's really all you can do and try not to be too upset if they lash out in grief.

Why am I not at all surprised. Is he trying to become an influence like people on YouTube? Seriously he's already gotten people killed. Can we arrest him for manslaughter?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    F**k Dan Kelly. I know our governor had physical polling too, but given this situation you know the GOPs are gonna make it impossible for people to get paper ballots to vote come November.

This is truly unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Thousands of people who requested voting papers on time, haven’t received them and will be effectively disenfranchised by this vote.

IF the judges main aim is justice, how can the 5 voting this decision through justify their decision? (I understand that the lower courts have to be bound by precedent...but the Supreme Court has more flexibility, surely)
    And that's because the GOP want them to be. Gone are the days when a good number of them would let their brains work in a situation like this. Even under Bush the second they would have at least gotten the paper ballots out. Not perfectly mind you, still suppressing people, but they would be more willing to do the right thing in response to the illness.

This is so screwd up.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post

It's a feature, not a bug. They want to stop people from voting. The only way they can win.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Stevie Wonder could've seen that coming a mile away. I'd love for the WH press corps to grow a pair and ask Trump about that today, then wait for the response.
    There would not be a response. Trump would call the reporter asking the question "nasty," refer to the premise of the question as "fake news," and then move on to his favorite reporter from OAN or FOX News.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Got an alert that Stephanie Grisham, the White House Press Secretary who never held so much as ONE briefing during her tenure was fired this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Well, Rand Paul is infectious himself and on death's door.
    He has recovered, and is volunteering at a local hospital.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ra...g-at-hospital/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think that's fairly obvious.

The Roberts court has never met a voter suppression measure it won't go to the mat to find a way to approve of.
    A well-informed person's position on a court decision isn't always obvious.

There are many possibilities if they think the outcome is bad.

They may think the decision is harmful, yet lawful, and that there are other bad guys, be it those who came up with particular legislation and regulations in the first place, or those who have the responsibility in a particular situation and have used it poorly.

If they think the decision is contrary to a correct understanding of the law, the rationale may vary. People can have different reasons for coming to the same conclusion about legal matters. For example, Roe v. Wade was decided on privacy and due process grounds, while Ruth Bader Ginsburg thinks that the equal rights argument was more important.

It's a feature, not a bug. They want to stop people from voting. The only way they can win.
    If a Republican wins the Democratic presidential primary in Wisconsin, I will agree someone's been up to massive shenanigans, and that a full investigation is called for.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

He has recovered, and is volunteering at a local hospital.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ra...g-at-hospital/
    I'm not sure I want Paul anywhere near a hospital after recovering from COVID-19 symptoms. Seems rather foolish to me.