Page 1030 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 305309309801020102610271028102910301031103210331034104010801130 ... LastLast
Results 15,436 to 15,450 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Got an alert that Stephanie Grisham, the White House Press Secretary who never held so much as ONE briefing during her tenure was fired this morning.
    She's already been replaced by by trump's re-election campaign press secretary.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Almost makes me long for the days of Sean Spicer and Baghdad Betty.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Context is reality, you don't get to ignore it because it defies your argument. You don't get to choose your facts. Now you're admitting the Democrats wee divided downplay it. I'm skeptical about your views on this since you're putting together a narrative and putting the facts in rather than coming to it with the facts at hand. "Some say" isn't a compelling argument, btw. Now you're bridging 9/11 with the current party as though "nothing has changed" when the status quo your arguing against changes when questioned.

Defining those issues as American exceptionalism at work sure is an odd stance to take. There's discussion to be had about how Muslims are viewed in America and America's failures in allowing them to assimilate properly but you're not making it.
    The point is that the Democratic party only started "advocating" for Muslims, in the lightest and most ineffectual way possible of course, because the war on terror is mostly over now and Muslims aren't really seen as a threat anymore. And Christ, you think the problems that Muslims face in this country are about not assimilating well enough? American Muslims are some of the most culturally Westernized people on the planet, they tend to be wealthy, well-educated, and generally live in diverse communities rather than being restricted to ethnic enclaves.

I'm not sure I want Paul anywhere near a hospital after recovering from COVID-19 symptoms. Seems rather foolish to me.
    The reinfection rate of COVID-19 appears to be high.

Seems beyond foolish for his safety and others.

All our hospitals in Washington have banned volunteers and visitors except for cancer patients and birthing women (they're allowed one caretaker).

The South is going to need to change fast or they're going to get bad fast.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's not a both sides angle, you would have been hard pressed to find a single Democrat who dared to speak out on behalf of Muslims in the aftermath of 9/11. Indeed, it has pretty much always been open season on any group perceived as an enemy of the US to be targeted by racist hate crimes, while we always act shocked and appalled when it happens, we can never really wrap our heads around the basic idea that it's not whatever administration that happens to be in power that create this problem, but rather American foreign policy that ends up making so many enemies in the first place.
    If you're suggesting that few Democrats were willing to advocate for Muslims, to reference the beauty of the religion and to speak against discrimination and hate crimes, in the aftermath of 9/11, you're wrong. George W Bush was doing that; Democrats were as well.
    https://news.yahoo.com/george-w-bush...090054730.html

If you're suggesting that few Democrats were willing to openly say that the people who murdered thousands of American civilians had a point, that is correct, because that is a quite unpopular argument in the United States.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

President Donald Trump replaced acting Pentagon Inspector General Glenn Fine Monday night, a move that removes Fine as the top watchdog for COVID-19 stimulus.

Fine had been selected by fellow inspectors general to chair the Pandemic Response Accountability Committee. The inspectors general created the committee to oversee the roughly $2 trillion stimulus deal, passed last month by Congress and signed into law by Trump to mitigate the economic damage caused by the pandemic.

The committee chairman was given the power to issue subpoenas and investigate officials inside and out of government.

Trump signaled his displeasure with the law's oversight provision when he issued a relatively rare signing statement. Trump said he would ignore portions of the law demanded by some Democrats to give Congress additional visibility into the stimulus spending, arguing that those requirements would infringe on the separation of powers enshrined in the Constitution.

"Yesterday, the president nominated Mr. Jason Abend for the position of DoD inspector general," Dwrena Allen, a spokeswoman for the Pentagon inspector general, said Tuesday. "The same day, the president also designated Mr. Sean W. O'Donnell, who is the Environmental Protection Agency inspector general, to serve as the acting DoD IG in addition to his current duties at the EPA.
    Oh great, just what I needed to hear today.

At this point would it be hard to believe Trump has evil overlords telling him to make it as hard as possible for America to combat Covid 19 ?

Man, so many people getting fired around the Trump administration the past two days, let's just Wonka them all at once:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Acting secretary of the Navy resigns after calling ousted aircraft carrier captain 'stupid'

Acting Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigned on Tuesday, a day after leaked audio revealed he called the ousted commander of the USS Theodore Roosevelt "stupid" in an address to the ship's crew, according to a US official and a former senior military official.

The Navy and Department of Defense did not respond to a request for comment. Undersecretary of the Army James McPherson has been tapped to succeed Modly, a US official and a defense official tells CNN. McPherson is a retired rear admiral and was the former judge advocate general of the Navy.

On Monday, Modly told the crew of the Roosevelt that their former commander, Capt. Brett Crozier, was either "too naive or too stupid" to be in command or that he intentionally leaked a memo to the media, in which Crozier warned about coronavirus spreading aboard the aircraft carrier and urged action to save his sailors, according to remarks obtained by CNN.
    Best news I’ve heard all day. That asshole needed to go after those foolish comments he made.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Acting secretary of the Navy resigns after calling ousted aircraft carrier captain 'stupid'

Best news I’ve heard all day. That asshole needed to go after those foolish comments he made.
    From what I have read elsewhere, neither the apology nor the resignation were voluntary, but ordered by either the SecDef or the head on the Joint Chiefs. You didn't think one of President Snowflake's cronies would do the right thing on their own, did you?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member

These people are so unqualified and pathetic they cant even keep these jobs they were handed. I mean he literally did this to himself. How in the world did he think it was a good idea to go tell people who JUST cheered and lauded their captain on his ouster as he left. You go to them all as they suffer by the hundreds from Covid and you bash their clearly beloved captain?

They wrote questions that clearly supported the captain. Yet you still thought it was a great idea to publicly berate him to his crew? And think it wouldn't get out? I mean good lord

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/sta...409759744?s=20

This shit is awful. I hope people stay as safe as possible trying to excercise their right to vote. This guy is insane. Its super safe to come vote while hes dressed like hes going into a sterile operating room to vote.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/sta...409759744?s=20

This shit is awful. I hope people stay as safe as possible trying to excercise their right to vote. This guy is insane. Its super safe to come vote while hes dressed like hes going into a sterile operating room to vote.
    "You're incredibly safe to go out."

Says the man dressed like that. Reminds me of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If a Republican wins the Democratic presidential primary in Wisconsin, I will agree someone's been up to massive shenanigans, and that a full investigation is called for.
    It would appear the presidential primary isn't the only thing up for vote today, there's also a judicial general election.

I know a lot of people here (including me), were hoping for a more thorough investigation into Reade’s claims from a New York Times or a Washington Post, but I think this article was really thorough and was particularly well-sourced, while trying to get access to all these sources.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.