Page 1036 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 365369369861026103210331034103510361037103810391040104610861136 ... LastLast
Results 15,526 to 15,540 of 17573
    Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    There’s a lot of people that can’t accept that Hillary herself was a major problem last time. Some people need excuses and can’t just get over a mistake. Hopefully Biden wins. We don’t need 4 years of “well but’s”
    This continues to be a problem: pretending that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was a "major problem" equivalent to Donald Fucking Trump. Some people need to justify their mistake in 2016.

You recognize that Trump is the greater evil, KNIGHT; please don't add to the "well but's" with the Clinton nonsense. She was the better choice then, just like Biden is the better choice now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Barack Obama endorses Elizabeth Warren’s plan for tackling COVID-19.

I’m starting to get the feeling Biden is gonna pick her as his VP candidate. She is smart, resourceful, and well-liked among Sanders supporters (their reaction to her online notwithstanding). And Obama broke his silence on virtually all the candidates in the primary by endorsing a plan of hers.
    Bad idea. She’s a Senator in a state with a Republican governor in a seat that not long ago screwed up an administration with Biden. Keep the same Senate seat and she can accomplish more in Congress

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    This continues to be a problem: pretending that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was a "major problem" equivalent to Donald Fucking Trump. Some people need to justify their mistake in 2016.

You recognize that Trump is the greater evil, KNIGHT; please don't add to the "well but's" with the Clinton nonsense. She was the better choice then, just like Biden is the better choice now.
    Follow the thread please. It has nothing to do with her vs Trump. It’s about evenly evaluating the reasons for the outcome.

Divers find body of Robert F. Kennedy's 8-year-old great-grandson

(CNN)Divers found the body of 8-year-old Gideon McKean, a great-grandson of Robert F. Kennedy, on Wednesday afternoon, police said.

They discovered the boy's body in 25 feet of water and 2.3 miles south of his grandmother's residence in Shady Side, Maryland, the Maryland Natural Resources Police said. He was found about 2,000 feet from where authorities found the body of his mother, Maeve Kennedy Townsend McKean, 41, on Monday.

The two were last seen last Thursday evening.

They were quarantining with family at her mother's home on Chesapeake Bay. They were playing outside and one of them kicked a ball into the water, her husband, David McKean, said.

"They got into a canoe, intending simply to retrieve the ball, and somehow got pushed by wind or tide into the open bay," he wrote on Facebook.
    :headshaking: Tragic but so *bleeping* avoidable.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Barack Obama endorses Elizabeth Warren’s plan for tackling COVID-19.

I’m starting to get the feeling Biden is gonna pick her as his VP candidate. She is smart, resourceful, and well-liked among Sanders supporters (their reaction to her online notwithstanding). And Obama broke his silence on virtually all the candidates in the primary by endorsing a plan of hers.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Bad idea. She’s a Senator in a state with a Republican governor in a seat that not long ago screwed up an administration with Biden. Keep the same Senate seat and she can accomplish more in Congress
    Not so much "Outright Bad..." as "What Is Your Plan To Deal With That Deficit If You Do It?..."

If Biden puts a loss together and Warren steps down to run as his VP, that is a serious potential kneecapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I suppose there are plenty of people who just won't. I'll never understand that stance.

I hope people are saving the tweets of these idiots declaring they won't vote so we can throw it back in their faces later. Because you know they'll be on twitter every day complaining about everything and anything Trump does should he be reelected.

But these children aren't interested in politics. They never understood the game.
    What they understand is that it isn't a game.

Which, considering that folks are already gearing up to "Save Tweets So We Can Throw It Back In Their Faces Later...", I ain't so sure that other folks do.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not so much "Outright Bad..." as "What Is Your Plan To Deal With That Deficit If You Do It?..."

If Biden puts a loss together and Warren steps down to run as his VP, that is a serious potential kneecapping.
    On the plus side, Mass. law requires a special election within 6 months of the office holder stepping down, limiting the damage the Governor can do with an appointment, especially of Warren is smart enough (she probably is) to resign the day after election day, forcing 2 1/2 of those months to take place under an already Republican majority. That still means a possible 3 1/2 months of gridlock if Warren would have been Senator # 50.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    On the plus side, Mass. law requires a special election within 6 months of the office holder stepping down, limiting the damage the Governor can do with an appointment, especially of Warren is smart enough (she probably is) to resign the day after election day, forcing 2 1/2 of those months to take place under an already Republican majority. That still means a possible 3 1/2 months of gridlock if Warren would have been Senator # 50.
    Yeah, I was just coming around to the idea for that same basic reasoning.

I love Warren, but I think he will pick someone younger.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Kansas Republicans Seemingly Erase COVID-19 Ban On Large Gatherings Over Church Services

TOPEKA, Kansas — Kansas may not have any limits on the number of people who can safely gather — at all.

In a dramatic rebuke, Republican leaders on the Legislative Coordinating Council voted 5-2 Wednesday to overturn the Democratic governor’s executive order banning churches and funerals from gathering more than 10 people, which followed a wider directive from March 24.

It was seemingly the final straw when Kelly told churches that they couldn’t gather to celebrate one of the most important days in Christianity, Easter. Kelly did not immediately reinstate a ban on gatherings, saying her administration was exploring its legal options.

She called the Republicans leaders’ decision “shockingly irresponsible,” action that will “put every Kansan at risk.” She also took aim at Attorney General Derek Schmidt, who discouraged police and prosecutors from breaking up groups of people, which she called a “bizarre, confusing and overtly political attack.”
    The fight came as Kansas topped 1,000 cases of COVID-19. Already, Kansas officials say three clusters of coronavirus have been tied directly to church events, leading to 165 illnesses and 12 deaths.

But the order shutting churches down almost entirely, even though most had canceled services or had moved them online voluntarily, rankled Kansas’ Republican leaders.

Kelly said her legal counsel had put the executive order together, and believed it was constitutional. But Senate President Susan Wagle, who often clashes with Kelly, disagreed.

“We’re restricting individual rights to practice religious liberties,” said Wagle, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate. “I can’t approve this.”
    Is it stupidity? Or do Republicans have a suicide/murder wish?

Warren wouldn’t need to step down until after the election. Tim Kaine is still in office, because he never relinquished his spot prior to the election. So, it’d be the same as any other Biden loss.

What they understand is that it isn't a game.

Which, considering that folks are already gearing up to "Save Tweets So We Can Throw It Back In Their Faces Later...", I ain't so sure that other folks do.
    Many of them are certainly throwing tantrums like it is. Though maybe they should play some more games like Risk. Maybe you don’t get your best case scenario, but you may need to take losses in some areas in order to make gains in others. Without a sympathetic ear on the Supreme Court to replace RBG, we’re looking at a generation of people who may want Medicare For All, but can’t get it because the courts won’t allow it.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    So how do we get the numbers down?

Warren wouldn’t need to step down until after the election. Tim Kaine is still in office, because he never relinquished his spot prior to the election. So, it’d be the same as any other Biden loss.

Many of them are certainly throwing tantrums like it is. Though maybe they should play some more games like Risk. Maybe you don’t get your best case scenario, but you may need to take losses in some areas in order to make gains in others. Without a sympathetic ear on the Supreme Court to replace RBG, we’re looking at a generation of people who may want Medicare For All, but can’t get it because the courts won’t allow it.
    Twitter is ugly as hell now with people saying "I'm not choosing between two rapists" as if Tara Reades claim isnt clearly horseshit. And I'm not saying that because I'm anti bernie/pro Biden etc etc. I'm saying because the facts dont add up in any way shape or form.

Medium lays it out very neatly and its pretty clear.

Why is Medium Dot Com a banned word ?
    Last edited by jetengine; 04-08-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So a reporter basically wasted a big question and made himself look dumb as hell asking Trump moments ago if he'd pardon Tiger King. Which has a big audience saying his press pass deserves to be yanked for this silliness.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.