Page 1047 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 475479479971037104310441045104610471048104910501051105710971147 ... LastLast
Results 15,691 to 15,705 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is Biden in anyway "the lesser of two evils". Just because your candidate did not get the nomination doesn't make the one who did bad.
    A look at Biden's platform shows he is anything but "almost Trump". That is just nonsense.
    The fact that someone elses candidate didn't get the nomnation doens't make the one who did bad. But you can argue the fact that he may have committed sexual assualt and doesn't always know what day of the week it is or what he's running for can in the eyes of some can make him look pretty bad.

Lets not kid ourselves.. Biden has some GLARING weaknesses. Not that Trump doesn't, but Trump has already established that he can win despite those short comings because for whatever reason he can get away with things that even other Republicans on their best day can't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Being an immigrant who has waited in line and followed all the rules, no matter how arbitrary or demeaning, and still been told to go back to my country more times than I can count by "real" Americans, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that one.
    Are you in the United States now? If you are then you have no complaints and if you consider a few idiots you have encountered to be representative of "Real Americans" than perhaps you need to look more closely and this great country and the people in it because they most certainly are not.

If you mean you have been denied entry multiple times while following the rules, I'd say there's a bit more to the story...

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure I'd say this would be a BIG win for either candidate. I'm still getting a sort of "choosing between the lesser of 2 evils" vibe out of this election.

On the one side you have the "lesser evil" who ... checks note ... took on the Reagan administration successfully over Apartheid, was part of the Obama administration and wants to expand healthcare for Americans. On the other you have a man who put children in cages and let them die, tore families apart, bragged about sexually assaulting women, has no empathy at all, is emotionally unstable, is a pathological liar, is beholden to Putin, has no idea about politics or history, likes white supremacists and nazis ...

I am really, really done with the "lesser of two evil" narratives in this election, and I will put everybody who paints the choice between Biden and Trump as that on my ignore list because it makes me so FUCKING angry it could get me banned for good here if I have to suffer those posters until November.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    On the one side you have the "lesser evil" who ... checks note ... took on the Reagan administration successfully over Apartheid, was part of the Obama administration and wants to expand healthcare for Americans. On the other you have a man who put children in cages and let them die, tore families apart, bragged about sexually assaulting women, has no empathy at all, is emotionally unstable, is a pathological liar, is beholden to Putin, has no idea about politics or history, likes white supremacists and nazis ...

I am really, really done with the "lesser of two evil" narratives in this election, and I will put everybody who paints the choice between Biden and Trump as that on my ignore list because it makes me so FUCKING angry it could get me banned for good here if I have to suffer those posters until November.
    Then put me on your ignore list, because I honestly think that's what we have.

The minute the sexual assualt allegations came out, it became an election between 2 alleged rapists. And that pretty much guranteed the "lesser of 2 evils" narrative.

WHich isn't to say that Biden is actually guilty of sexual assault... or that Trump is guilty for that matter. THat's for the courts to decide IF it even gets to that point for either person. But the fact that we're dealing with not one but 2 presidential candidates with this hovering over their heads is exactly why this is such a pain election to watch.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Meanwhile, one of the main goals of the Trump administration in this crisis seems to be keeping gas more expensive for American consumers who just lost their jobs.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    I understand that this country became great because of individuals striving to be better rather than because of government programs..
    Just at this point alone you failed. Its pretty sad tbh.

Then put me on your ignore list, because I honestly think that's what we have.

The minute the sexual assualt allegations came out, it became an election between 2 alleged rapists. And that pretty much guranteed the "lesser of 2 evils" narrative.

WHich isn't to say that Biden is actually guilty of sexual assault... or that Trump is guilty for that matter. THat's for the courts to decide IF it even gets to that point for either person. But the fact that we're dealing with not one but 2 presidential candidates with this hovering over their heads is exactly why this is such a pain election to watch.
    Tara Reades clearly lying and Trump IS a Rapist. Stop trying to muddy clear waters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Just at this point alone you failed. Its pretty sad tbh.
    and if you believe otherwise, you're hopelessly lost...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

Yeah, about all this...1. Obama put the kids in cages, 2. that national healthcare that was supposed to decrease costs by $2500 - lie, let you keep your plan - lie, let you keep your doctor - lie, increase choice - lie. I do agree it was wrong when Trump called Obama "clean and articulate", when he said to own a Dunkin Donuts you need to have an accent, when he said poor kids are just as smart as white kids, and when he told blacks the other party will put "Y'all back in chains" so....oh wait I'm sorry, that was Biden, not Trump, my bad...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Virus cases soar to 416 on U.S. warship after captain fired

The U.S. Navy confirmed Thursday that 416 crew members onboard the USS Theodore Roosevelt, a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier docked in Guam, have now tested positive for the coronavirus. The number of confirmed cases jumped by 130 people in one day with more than 1,000 tests still pending.

On Wednesday, the Navy released a statement that said 93% of the crew had been tested for COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, resulting in 2,588 negative and 286 positive results. Over 2,000 sailors on the ship were subsequently moved to a base on the island, which is a U.S. territory.

"As testing continues, the ship will keep enough Sailors on board to sustain essential services and sanitize the ship in port. There have been zero hospitalizations," the Navy said Wednesday. The next day, one sailor was transferred to a hospital and put under intensive care, according to the Navy.

Pentagon officials warned Thursday that the ship's outbreak will not be an isolated incident for the Navy, The Associated Press reports. "It's not a good idea to think that the Teddy Roosevelt is a one-of-a-kind issue," said General John Hyten, vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. "We have too many ships at sea. ... To think that it will never happen again is not a good way to plan."
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is Biden in anyway "the lesser of two evils". Just because your candidate did not get the nomination doesn't make the one who did bad.
    A look at Biden's platform shows he is anything but "almost Trump". That is just nonsense.
    Yep! Even worse are the ones that say they are exactly the same. The people who make these arguments don't really consider things like Supreme Court and federal judge appointments, children in cages, turning away refugees who then go back to their native countries to be murdered, dog whistles, the dismantling of everything that Obama accomplished, leaving the Paris Accord and easing regulations on polluters, withdrawal from the Iran Nuclear deal, cutting food stamps from hundreds of thousands in need, a pathetically inadequate response to COVID-19, etc. They also tend make the most inaccurate false equivalencies and automatically believe any conspiracy theory that impugnes the character of the person who defeated their idol or the process which led to their losing.

One of these candidates will be President. Despite Biden's many flaws, I wish these people would get over how butt-hurt they are and take a hard look at what Trump has done in the past 3 years and honestly try to imagine what would have been different under Hillary and contrast what the next four will look like under Trump as opposed to Biden. We are not interviewing these people for whom we would like to be our BFF, it is to determine the fate of all those who will be affected by their political actions!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Tara Reades clearly lying and Trump IS a Rapist. Stop trying to muddy clear waters.
    I wasn't there so I at least can't say for certain she was clearly lying. I think there's an inherent danger in that line of thinking.

That said, assuming guilt is just as dangerous. There's a fine line that has to be navigated in situations like this. Nonetheless, it should be taken seriously however politically inconvenient it might be.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-10-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    and if you believe otherwise, you're hopelessly lost...
    "We strove for greatness"

No you had no major enemies due to your location and better mineral resources and no huge issue with the indigenous population because you and disease killed most of them. American exceptionalism is utter bullshit and to think otherwise shows how out of your deph you are.

Hell you were a backwater until Europe nearly killed itself twice.

I wasn't there so I at least can't say for certain she was clearly lying. I think there's an inherent danger in that line of thinking.

That said, assuming guilt is just as dangerous. There's a fine line that has to be navigated in situations like this. Nonetheless, it should be taken seriously however politically inconvenient it might be.
    The facts dont add up in the slightest. One doesnt get sexually assualted and continue to sing their bosses praises for 17 years and promoting him in anti-abuse legislation. Unless they suddenly declared a great love of Vladimir Putin and a big love of Bernie Sanders.

Meanwhile Trump has so many claims against him its ridiculous and his first wife said he did indeed rape her, the only reason she didnt go forward was him drowning her in lawyers when she published it. With proof that he tore her hair out when he did it as she claumed Meanwhile Tara could of announced it and gotten ample backing from Republicans wanting to take down a Dem

BANNED

"We strove for greatness"

No you had no major enemies due to your location and better mineral resources and no huge issue with the indigenous population because you and disease killed most of them. American exceptionalism is utter bullshit and to think otherwise shows how out of your deph you are.

Hell you were a backwater until Europe nearly killed itself twice.
    wow, actually feel sorry for you. blinded by hate..