Page 1053 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 5355395310031043104910501051105210531054105510561057106311031153 ... LastLast
Results 15,781 to 15,795 of 17573

November is still a LONG way aways, so there's still plenty of time for the Democratic party to consolidate and get on the same page. I think it's not uncommon for things to get heated in the primaries because by nature it pits the party against itself. But afterwards, parties obviously have to come together again for the national election.

More than anything I think the "Bernie or Bust" stuff was just venting. Unless the sexual harassment stuff against Biden really blows up (and so far it hasn't even come close to that), I think most progressive will vote for Biden to avoid another 4 years of Trump. It wouldn't make sense for them not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    Why Trump will win…again;
    1. Personal and corporate tax cuts – resulting in more money in people’s pockets rather than government coffers. Many Businesses then provided bonuses to workers, expanded and hired more people or otherwise re-invested in their businesses.
    2. De-regulation – like the low gas prices? Thank Trump. Because of this the U.S. is energy independent and a net exporter of natural gas. That’s why gas doesn’t spike every time a bomb goes off in the Middle East.
    3. Trade deals – admittedly still early to see the real effect, but anything will be better than NAFTA and just the fact that we have a President who finally, FINALLY wants to level the playing field is huge.
    4. Jobs, jobs, jobs – the best social program in the world is a good paying job and under Trump there is record low unemployment across the board for everyone including every minority class. And yes, these jobs will come back after the Coronavirus pandemic. The economy is sound.
    5. Poverty rate – lowest ever recorded. See what jobs and tax cuts do?
    6. Veteran’s Care – the Mission act allows vets to seek private health options instead of having to deal with that wonderful government run healthcare system in the VA…you know the one where vets died waiting for care?
    7. ISIS decimated – Trump allowed the military to actually fight them as they wanted. Result – all of the land captured by them during the Obama years has been retaken.
    8. Suleimani and al-Bagdadi dead. Top two terrorists in the world, responsible for hundreds, if no thousands of deaths are now dead themselves, along with scores of their deputies.
    9. Criminal Justice Reform – incarceration is now ended or reduced for thousands previously sentenced to long term incarceration.
    10. Fully funding of historically minority colleges.
    11. Syria response – military actions against them after they used chemical weapons against civilians to include children. Trump didn’t back down like Obama/Biden. Funny how they had chemical weapons after John Kerry turned over the destruction of them to Russia ins’t it? Oh, yeah, the strike killed a bunch of Russian advisors too.
    12. Ukraine aid – Obama/Biden, in response to their requests for aid sent them blankets to help them fight Russia. Trump sent them missiles. I bet Russia liked Obama/Biden a little more.
    13. Out of Paris climate deal – ever read it? It required the US to pay billions to other countries so they could reduce their emissions AND required the US to greatly reduce our as well. China, the biggest polluter in the WORLD was not required to do anything for years to come.
    14. Iran Nuclear deal withdrawal – no real verification, allowed them to continue to develop ballistic missiles without punishment (you know those things that they put nuclear warheads on?) No worries though, Obama/Biden gave them BILLIONS in cash in order to get them to sign it. I’m sure they bought food for their people with it.
    15. Funding of the military – Pay raise and money to buy bullets..what a concept.
    16. Ending endless wars – withdrawal of Troops from Syria, negotiating a peace deal in Afghanistan.
    17. Moving our Embassy to Jerusalem – promised by many before, delivered by Trump.
    18. Border security – Building the wall. Funny how borders suddenly became important during the pandemic…and the ability to close them along with it.
    19. Judicial appointees – nominating Judges including two Supreme Court Justices that follow the laws, rather than making them up based on their own ideologies.
    There’s more but I’m tired of typing….
    Prior to the coronavirus thing, I would have argued Trump was almost a sure thing. Jobs and economy were good... for an incumbant president that's pretty much all you need to coast into your second term.

I think the coronavirus now makes this anyone's ball game. Unless Biden shoots himself in the foot, he's a non factor... Trump basically is running against the coronavirus in this election. He frankly isn't going a great job... but November is still a long ways away.

That list is pretty LOL worthy.

List of things Trump has F'ed up that Trump supporters think are good.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    That list is pretty LOL worthy.
    Yeah. I know the average voter has the memory of less than a few months, but remember how Trump campaigned in 2016 vowing to build a border wall (which, by his definition, was a legit wall and not more chain link and metal)? And we never really built it? And how he shut down the federal government, hoping to get the government to give him the money to build the border wall... only for him to not get that money.

Sure, there has been economic prosperity under Trump, but I feel like that prosperity has been in spite of Trump, not because of Trump.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    List of things Trump has F'ed up that Trump supporters think are good.
    Winning!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    Yeah. I know the average voter has the memory of less than a few months, but remember how Trump campaigned in 2016 vowing to build a border wall (which, by his definition, was a legit wall and not more chain link and metal)? And we never really built it? And how he shut down the federal government, hoping to get the government to give him the money to build the border wall... only for him to not get that money.

Sure, there has been economic prosperity under Trump, but I feel like that prosperity has been in spite of Trump, not because of Trump.
    I think if that was the case it would have happened under Obama/Biden, which it didn't. Trump's action, specifically the tax cuts and de-regulation, are what spurred us out of the medicore economy we had

Why Trump will win…again;
    1. Personal and corporate tax cuts – resulting in more money in people’s pockets rather than government coffers. Many Businesses then provided bonuses to workers, expanded and hired more people or otherwise re-invested in their businesses.
    2. De-regulation – like the low gas prices? Thank Trump. Because of this the U.S. is energy independent and a net exporter of natural gas. That’s why gas doesn’t spike every time a bomb goes off in the Middle East.
    3. Trade deals – admittedly still early to see the real effect, but anything will be better than NAFTA and just the fact that we have a President who finally, FINALLY wants to level the playing field is huge.
    4. Jobs, jobs, jobs – the best social program in the world is a good paying job and under Trump there is record low unemployment across the board for everyone including every minority class. And yes, these jobs will come back after the Coronavirus pandemic. The economy is sound.
    5. Poverty rate – lowest ever recorded. See what jobs and tax cuts do?
    6. Veteran’s Care – the Mission act allows vets to seek private health options instead of having to deal with that wonderful government run healthcare system in the VA…you know the one where vets died waiting for care?
    7. ISIS decimated – Trump allowed the military to actually fight them as they wanted. Result – all of the land captured by them during the Obama years has been retaken.
    8. Suleimani and al-Bagdadi dead. Top two terrorists in the world, responsible for hundreds, if no thousands of deaths are now dead themselves, along with scores of their deputies.
    9. Criminal Justice Reform – incarceration is now ended or reduced for thousands previously sentenced to long term incarceration.
    10. Fully funding of historically minority colleges.
    11. Syria response – military actions against them after they used chemical weapons against civilians to include children. Trump didn’t back down like Obama/Biden. Funny how they had chemical weapons after John Kerry turned over the destruction of them to Russia ins’t it? Oh, yeah, the strike killed a bunch of Russian advisors too.
    12. Ukraine aid – Obama/Biden, in response to their requests for aid sent them blankets to help them fight Russia. Trump sent them missiles. I bet Russia liked Obama/Biden a little more.
    13. Out of Paris climate deal – ever read it? It required the US to pay billions to other countries so they could reduce their emissions AND required the US to greatly reduce our as well. China, the biggest polluter in the WORLD was not required to do anything for years to come.
    14. Iran Nuclear deal withdrawal – no real verification, allowed them to continue to develop ballistic missiles without punishment (you know those things that they put nuclear warheads on?) No worries though, Obama/Biden gave them BILLIONS in cash in order to get them to sign it. I’m sure they bought food for their people with it.
    15. Funding of the military – Pay raise and money to buy bullets..what a concept.
    16. Ending endless wars – withdrawal of Troops from Syria, negotiating a peace deal in Afghanistan.
    17. Moving our Embassy to Jerusalem – promised by many before, delivered by Trump.
    18. Border security – Building the wall. Funny how borders suddenly became important during the pandemic…and the ability to close them along with it.
    19. Judicial appointees – nominating Judges including two Supreme Court Justices that follow the laws, rather than making them up based on their own ideologies.
    There’s more but I’m tired of typing….
    No sources?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Prior to the coronavirus thing, I would have argued Trump was almost a sure thing. Jobs and economy were good... for an incumbant president that's pretty much all you need to coast into your second term.

I think the coronavirus now makes this anyone's ball game. Unless Biden shoots himself in the foot, he's a non factor... Trump basically is running against the coronavirus in this election. He frankly isn't going a great job... but November is still a long ways away.
    I think the virus would be a bigger factor if the election were next month rather than November but even so, I don't think his response has been as bad as some like to think. Add to that the fact that perhaps his best move during the crisis, restricting travel from China on January 31, was roundly criticized by Biden (as racist and xenophobic) who then had to back off when it actually worked. Also reports are starting to come out how Obama/Biden let the PPE stock dwindle during their tenure, which obviously hindered efforts now

Don't tell me. You fell for the fake Schumer tweet.

I think the virus would be a bigger factor if the election were next month rather than November but even so, I don't think his response has been as bad as some like to think. Add to that the fact that perhaps his best move during the crisis, restricting travel from China on January 31, was roundly criticized by Biden (as racist and xenophobic) who then had to back off when it actually worked. Also reports are starting to come out how Obama/Biden let the PPE stock dwindle during their tenure, which obviously hindered efforts now
    Obama/Biden tried to restock the PPE, but were denied the proper funding by the tea party controlled congress.

Trump had 3 years since then and did nothing.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    No sources?
    If you're a devout Trump supporter, you don't need sources. Just your feelings. Because feelings are more valuable than facts and logic ever will be, silly.

BANNED

If you're a devout Trump supporter, you don't need sources. Just your feelings. Because feelings are more valuable than facts and logic ever will be, silly.
    Numbers don't lie look it up for yourself..

BANNED

You can always give your tax cut back to the government...

I’m gonna vote this November. Not gonna gamble on some kind of Armed revolution that is supported by some people who think the country is beyond saving and that it needs to be torn down.