Page 1106 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 10660610061056109611021103110411051106110711081109111011161156 ... LastLast
Results 16,576 to 16,590 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    If we make the argument that it's wrong to weight human lives, it's going to be difficult to tell whether the Trump administration, some Republican Governors or whoever are making the right decision by those standards.
    Quite the opposite, planning around virus outbreaks is hardly a new science and it would be useless using Trump as a barometer given how he's shown to be reckless with these decisions. For example, he dissolved the Pandemic Unit Obama's administration left behind.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...encies/608158/

Beth Cameron, a former senior director for global health security and biodefense on the White House National Security Council, complained in The Washington Post on Friday that the Trump administration dissolved her office in 2018, “leaving the country less prepared for pandemics like COVID-19.”
    Since you're a Republican we may disagree on many, many things but I think you're smarter than to let yourself to anchored to Trump's decisions which will get people killed.

Varies on the Republican governor, some are showing more leadership on this subject than others.

Your calculation seems to be based on two flaws. The first is the idea that everyone in the country would get COVID-19. The second is the idea that all cases were accurately reported, including those who were asymptomatic.
    The more people that aren't self isolating means they become at risk for this, everyone is technically at risk of the virus. There isn't a cure, there may not be one for months and then there's the danger of the virus mutating or creating our strains.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 04-21-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Now this is strange, in any other US administration it would be the other way around

Egypt sends military plane filled with medical aid to help U.S. with coronavirus
    Any other administration would've had it's shit together and had enough of a surplus to help another country in need. But since the Trump White House is a raging, four alarm clusterfuck, WE need the help, and that's pathetic.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    Look, I don’t want this to descend to a semantics lesson but again you’re ascribing to me things I never said.

I never said all Chinese people overseas were buying up medical supplies to ship back to China.

I never said the Chinese government purposely allowed the virus to spread.

I’m also not a “white Australian blaming China for everything.”

My opinion is that China did not disclose all the information they had to the WHO and the world about the virus. This has cost lives.

But because I voice this opinion it does not mean that this is my only opinion. You sound like those who say any criticism of Israel’s government is inherently anti-Semitic, or that criticism of USA under Bush Jr. meant you were unpatriotic.

Seriously, you don’t know anything about me. You don’t know what political and economic views I hold. But you’re determined to place everyone who disagrees with you and criticizes China’s government under a single racist blanket.
    Why is it that white people never have a problem painting any other group of people with a broad brush, but the minute they get lumped in with somebody they don't like they get super defensive and angsty about it?

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Why is it that white people never have a problem painting any other group of people with a broad brush, but the minute they get lumped in with somebody they don't like they get super defensive and angsty about it?
    Enough with the hyperbole.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Well, there's reports out of Wisconsin of a COVID-19 hotspot that's popped up, and it's being traced to... a polling place that the Wisconsin GOP forced to be open and make voters go to, rather than let them vote by mail.

Good luck winning Wisconsin in November, Republicans. I'm sure there won't be anybody who remembers in about six months.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

A second virus seems to be making people stupid | Moran

It’s not polite to say this, and please forgive me if this isolation is making me grouchy, but it seems that America is suffering from a serious outbreak of stupid lately in the fight against the coronavirus. Maybe it’s a second virus.

The latest crackpot theory holds that Bill Gates is the enemy, that he’s using the virus to make money, or to build a system of global surveillance, or something like that.
    Yes, the man who has done more to promote public health than anyone since Louis Pasteur is the target of an internet conspiracy theory, pushed by flakes like Laura Ingraham on the right, and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. on the left.

It’s even getting a little boost from a member of the New Jersey Legislature, Assemblyman Jamel Holley, D-Union, normally a sensible fellow. He jumped on the wave by tweeting that Gates should “provide relief to the multiple minority families you injected and caused harm to in India and Africa.”

Uh, yeah. Like that $2 billion he spent to eliminate polio worldwide.

All this evidence of infection by the Stupid Virus, which affects the region between the two ears. It cannot be detected with a nasal swab, and there is no dependable cure, sadly. It can spread with ease even among those practicing strict social distancing: Vulnerable targets can catch it simply by touching a keyboard with access to Google.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Well, there's reports out of Wisconsin of a COVID-19 hotspot that's popped up, and it's being traced to... a polling place that the Wisconsin GOP forced to be open and make voters go to, rather than let them vote by mail.

Good luck winning Wisconsin in November, Republicans. I'm sure there won't be anybody who remembers in about six months.
    The link doesn't seem to be working. FYI.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The link doesn't seem to be working. FYI.
    https://www.tmj4.com/news/coronaviru...missioner-says
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Why is a chinese-american batting for a totalitarian nation that lied to the world, gulag'd the guy who found the virus, then continued lying to the world ? Who are so fucking incompetent that they can build a hospital in a week but cant enforce basic hygiene?

I mean, I'm no fan of Gates but yeah. Thats worse then the 5g theories

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Why is a chinese-american batting for a totalitarian nation that lied to the world, gulag'd the guy who found the virus, then continued lying to the world ? Who are so fucking incompetent that they can build a hospital in a week but cant enforce basic hygiene?
    Perhaps because I might know a bit more about the country than you do, and therefore am in a better position to pass judgment?

Perhaps because I might know a bit more about the country than you do, and therefore am in a better position to pass judgment?
    [Insert Sure Jan.gif]

A government fucked up. Its fuck up has endangered the world needlessly. No one on here has shat on chinas citizenry rather its abysmal totaltarian government, but please continue to tell me you somehow know better then the chinese officials thenselves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    [Insert Sure Jan.gif]

A government fucked up. Its fuck up has endangered the world needlessly. No one on here has shat on chinas citizenry rather its abysmal totaltarian government, but please continue to tell me you somehow know better then the chinese officials thenselves.
    Yeah those damn commies should have just Thanos snapped the virus away, because God forbid the technologically advanced and superior Western nations should have to deal with a public health crisis without getting racist and conspiratorial about it.

Yeah those damn commies should have just Thanos snapped the virus away, because God forbid the technologically advanced and superior Western nations should have to deal with a public health crisis without getting racist and conspiratorial about it.
    I pity you dude

China fucked up, lied to save face and continues to lie. This whole thing was 80% their fault (after Sars you'd think they'd have learn that wet markets are a BAD idea) so people are naturally angry. The gullible dupes believe conspiracy theories because their uneducated and Republicans refuse to do anything that could harm their cash and stoke racial fires. Meanwhile your too busy shitting on the whole of the west because a chunk of the public is braindead or atracking the Dems because your guy didnt get in.

I get it, your angry as a Chinese American that your being targeted over conspiracy theories and racial idiocy. But shitting on everyone wont help you and burns bridges leaving you bitter and alone.

Astonishing Member

"If you're sick, still come".