Page 1107 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 10760710071057109711031104110511061107110811091110111111171157 ... LastLast
Results 16,591 to 16,605 of 17573
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I pity you dude

China fucked up, lied to save face and continues to lie. This whole thing was 80% their fault (after Sars you'd think they'd have learn that wet markets are a BAD idea) so people are naturally angry. The gullible dupes believe conspiracy theories because their uneducated and Republicans refuse to do anything that could harm their cash and stoke racial fires. Meanwhile your too busy shitting on the whole of the west because a chunk of the public is braindead or atracking the Dems because your guy didnt get in.

I get it, your angry as a Chinese American that your being targeted over conspiracy theories and racial idiocy. But shitting on everyone wont help you and burns bridges leaving you bitter and alone.
    You must realize that in most of the world, shopping at a clean and modern supermarket is an expensive luxury that the average person can't afford. A "wet market" is not just some kind of exotic bazaar that depraved nutjobs go to buy weird shit, it's literally how most people in the world buy their food, so shutting them all down isn't really an option. Now obviously the trade in wild animals is inherently problematic and should be stopped, but those laws are difficult to enforce because there is so much money to be made smuggling them, perhaps a sign that the Chinese government doesn't have the absolute control over society that everyone thinks it does. And it's not really a matter of hygiene either, slaughterhouses even in developed countries are horrifically unhygenic but that doesn't really matter because humans have developed immunities to most of the diseases that can be carried by domesticated farm animals, but for wild animals there is always that risk of these novel viruses spreading. But it's not really a matter of culture, since it's only a tiny fraction of rich assholes that partake in this stuff, so seeing people immediately jump onto the yellow peril nonsense obviously raised red flags.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    You must realize that in most of the world, shopping at a clean and modern supermarket is an expensive luxury that the average person can't afford. A "wet market" is not just some kind of exotic bazaar that depraved nutjobs go to buy weird shit, it's literally how most people in the world buy their food, so shutting them all down isn't really an option. Now obviously the trade in wild animals is inherently problematic and should be stopped, but those laws are difficult to enforce because there is so much money to be made smuggling them, perhaps a sign that the Chinese government doesn't have the absolute control over society that everyone thinks it does. And it's not really a matter of hygiene either, slaughterhouses even in developed countries are horrifically unhygenic but that doesn't really matter because humans have developed immunities to most of the diseases that can be carried by domesticated farm animals, but for wild animals there is always that risk of these novel viruses spreading. But it's not really a matter of culture, since it's only a tiny fraction of rich assholes that partake in this stuff, so seeing people immediately jump onto the yellow peril nonsense obviously raised red flags.
    The virus spread from bat, to a carrier animal to humans from a wet market, the exact same situation occurred during SARS. Why is the chinese government fucking around censoring Winnie the Pooh instead of stamping out the obvious hazard?

And dont move the goalposts, I'm talking China not the world. Build better food markets rather then empty cities*

So lets boil it down. This has happened before, due to Chinas inaction on stamping this illegal habit (linked to pets and traditional medicine) out its happened again. China then lied, lied again and is continuing to lie. Trump and his cronies are spinning it and people who are dumb or scared are buying it. So instead of going "Fuck Trump" you go "Fuck the west" which means, surprise surprise your less likely to actually get any help or sympathy.

This isnt as bad as "Cant criticize Israel" but fuck dude, stop batting for these dicks. I'm British, you can call me a tea drinking coloniser all you like but I'll still point out how fucking awful my government is.

*Yes I'm aware that the Ghost cities are designed for future population growth, but its kind of moot if we get another Covid based outbreak because China cant teach its population to leave animals alone.
    Last edited by jetengine; 04-21-2020 at 09:11 AM.

On a seperate note if one more Journalist asks the British government "Do we have to wear masks" I'll fucking scream. You get a shot to nail the bastards for their incompetence and you waste it on dumb shit we've heard 1000 times ? Fuck off.

And an interesting tie in to Pwrdons post some idiot came on and asked about a "Chinese disinformation campaign" with him being told "We haven't heard a thing about this, but are aware of disinformation going on which we are doing our best to deal with" and effectively shut him down.
    Last edited by jetengine; 04-21-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    "If you're sick, still come".

The mind absolutely boggles.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I believe those people see the Coronavirus as a way of getting rid of their enemies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The virus spread from bat, to a carrier animal to humans from a wet market, the exact same situation occurred during SARS. Why is the chinese government fucking around censoring Winnie the Pooh instead of stamping out the obvious hazard?

And dont move the goalposts, I'm talking China not the world. Build better food markets rather then empty cities*

So lets boil it down. This has happened before, due to Chinas inaction on stamping this illegal habit (linked to pets and traditional medicine) out its happened again. China then lied, lied again and is continuing to lie. Trump and his cronies are spinning it and people who are dumb or scared are buying it. So instead of going "Fuck Trump" you go "Fuck the west" which means, surprise surprise your less likely to actually get any help or sympathy.

This isnt as bad as "Cant criticize Israel" but fuck dude, stop batting for these dicks. I'm British, you can call me a tea drinking coloniser all you like but I'll still point out how fucking awful my government is.

*Yes I'm aware that the Ghost cities are designed for future population growth, but its kind of moot if we get another Covid based outbreak because China cant teach its population to leave animals alone.
    For one thing, it's not my government because as you astutely pointed out earlier, I am indeed an American. I do of course have plenty of criticisms to level against the Chinese government and society, but I have always found it practically impossible to have a level headed discussion on any of those topics with Westerners because it always ends up being practically an invitation for them to lay out all their racial prejudices, even if it not directed at you, and that forces you to look differently on someone whom you may have previously liked quite differently. Back in January when this outbreak started, the only people over here who bothered to pay attention to it were inevitably these "China experts" who could barely contain their glee that the communist barbarians were finally getting what was coming to them and gloating that such an outbreak could never be a problem over here. So despite all of the warnings coming from China and the substantial information about the virus that was already out there, nobody really took the threat seriously until it started spreading in Europe, and by then it was already far too late.

Frankly, I and most other Asians are pretty much conditioned to all of the orientalist nonsense and have long tuned it out, the main reason I point it out is not because my feelings are hurt, but because people who still buy into propaganda from the 19th century are actively hurting themselves and their communities by thinking that pandemics are somehow a product of culture and government rather than freak accidents that everyone should be vigilant of and which require cooperation to solve and not finger pointing. Nobody blamed the H1N1 outbreak on savage pig-eating Americans after all, nor did the Spanish flu cause Spaniards to be targeted by hate crimes worldwide, it's almost as if people are just using the outbreak to try and justify their pre-existing biases, rather than thinking clearly and logically.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    I believe those people see the Coronavirus as a way of getting rid of their enemies
    Let me guess, they met the enemy, and they were them?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Looking like Tara Reade might not be a good person to hang your hat on.

https://twitter.com/FliedGaff/status...55158072799232

https://twitter.com/FliedGaff/status...95541140299777
    Did you read Tara's essay about the horse? It has her having premonitions via dreams, and a horse whispering woman who reads an injured horse's mind to tell them what animal had attacked it.

It's very ... yeah. I'll see if I can still find the link.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Over the last number of years, we have seen a terrible level of police violence against unarmed people in the minority community: Laquan McDonald, Sandra Bland, Michael Brown, Rekia Boyd, Eric Garner, Walter Scott, Freddie Gray, Jessica Hernandez, Tamir Rice, Jonathan Ferrell, Oscar Grant, Antonio Zambrano-Montes and others. People of color, killed by the police, who should be alive today. We know that African-Americans are twice as likely to be arrested, and almost four times as likely to experience physical force in an encounter with the police.

Today, black men are sentenced to 19% more jail time for committing the exact same crime as white men, and African Americans are jailed at more than five times the rate of whites.
    Well at any rate, since there are quite a number being falsely arrested, despite the black people that have committed crimes going by evidence, then what do you think the solution should be? I’ve heard that the war on drugs and raised antagonism towards illegal immigrants is partially to blame, so then, should those directly responsible for that be fired then, which would then decrease the number of false arrests?

I’ve heard over and over again about America’s unjust arrests of black people and terrible police force in general, and that America is a a terrible country because of that, so I feel that at that point it’s not only worth asking what objectively the best solutions should be, but also the best ways of carrying those solutions out, and should be done about the bad people directly responsible for that injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    To hopefully get a group of MAGA people together to spread the virus among them and their families?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Did you read Tara's essay about the horse? It has her having premonitions via dreams, and a horse whispering woman who reads an injured horse's mind to tell them what animal had attacked it.

It's very ... yeah. I'll see if I can still find the link.
    Found it: https://reachouttohorses.wordpress.c...ed******s/amp/
    Edit: The board software censors the link for some reason. This is it:

After the incident, Lynn put in an emergency call to Anna Twinney. Graciously and in such a timely manner Anna returned the call. Right then and there, Anna held a conversation with Charm. The generosity of this woman’s heart is so appreciated.

Charm expressed it was a big brown face with dark ears pointing straight up, and a dark blackened muzzle. Ok, no mountain lion. He shared that he felt responsible because he hesitates. (Remember he was born a shy, skinny little colt.) Anna reassured him that it was in no way his fault. Charm showed Anna the wound and she confirmed it was too large to be a coyote. There was a bite mark in the wound and a flap of skin and fur hanging. Anna continued to reassure the little colt that he had done nothing wrong, and sometimes bad things just happen

The last question Anna asked was to Lynn. “Is there anything else you’d like to ask Charm?”

Lynn wanted to know if there was anything he’d like to share. Charm responded, “They don’t know what they don’t know”

This little Zen boy struggling to survive is our little Budda.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

White nationalist Augustus Sol Invictus has been arrested again.

https://twitter.com/nickmartin/statu...577316865?s=21

His dad was apparently also arrested recently for trafficking in under age girls.

https://twitter.com/antifashgordon/s...882371585?s=21

I don't envy WBE having to write that update.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Well at any rate, since there are quite a number being falsely arrested, despite the black people that have committed crimes going by evidence, then what do you think the solution should be? I’ve heard that the war on drugs and raised antagonism towards illegal immigrants is partially to blame, so then, should those directly responsible for that be fired then, which would then decrease the number of false arrests?

I’ve heard over and over again about America’s unjust arrests of black people and terrible police force in general, and that America is a a terrible country because of that, so I feel that at that point it’s not only worth asking what objectively the best solutions should be, but also the best ways of carrying those solutions out, and should be done about the bad people directly responsible for that injustice.
    Personally I think that's a long term problem - it's become too ingrained and not only would a lot of the people at the top need to be fired, you might also need to replace nearly the entire training apparatus as quick as possible. Plus something that might be considered going too far for a lot of Americans - a list of officers who are fired for cause that follows them from state to state (or at least from city to city or county to county in a single state) so that someone who is let go in one jurisdiction isn't hired elsewhere to cause more problems somewhere else. I can't find it at the moment, but I remember a news report that mentioned that so-called "Gypsy Cops' (apologies for the term) are disproportionately responsible for many of the negative encounters with law enforcement relative to their more settled fellow officers. There are two additional factors that play into this - hiring a fully trained officer is often preferable to a new one in terms of both time and money, and that bad records often don't follow them because it's easier, faster, and cheaper to write a good recommendation to get rid of someone than trying to fire them - the resulting lawsuits are always costly.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Can anyone explain to me what exactly this is? https://twitter.com/shanedunlap/stat...73164274536449

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

A LEGAL and better police officer recruiting system.
    A better system in assigning officers to certain areas. I don't need a George Zimmerman starter kit in a black neighborhood.
    A better system to protect cops who rat out bad cops. See one thing folks forget is cop retaliation is not LIMITED to drive by shootings or whatever. It includes sudden job changes, low evaluations and everyday stuff nobody would NOTICE to suspect retaliation.
    A better investigation system of all cop shootings.
    A better system to track, follow and HELP former convicts. Before that convict gets out EVERY program that is available to them needs to be to told to them.