Page 1113 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 11361310131063110311091110111111121113111411151116111711231163 ... LastLast
Results 16,681 to 16,695 of 17573

Five threats to US food supply chains

The coronavirus pandemic has upended food supply chains, led to closures of meat producing plants, and left Americans with the unsettling experience of seeing empty shelves at supermarkets.

Coupled with the run on toilet paper that led to severe shortages, recent events are leading Americans to wonder if the nation's food supply is secure.

Experts say that by and large, Americans don’t need to worry about food running out, but that does not mean all food will be readily available.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Fair, shut that **** down too. So then that raises the question. Why has this happened multiple times in China and not the USA ?
    The Spanish flu originated in Kansas.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Coronavirus Death in California Came Weeks Before First Known U.S. Death

SAN FRANCISCO — Officials in Santa Clara County, Calif., announced late Tuesday that two residents there died of the coronavirus in early and mid-February, making them the earliest known victims of the pandemic in the United States.

The new information may shift the timeline of the virus’s spread through the country weeks earlier than previously believed.

The first report of a coronavirus-related death in the United States came on Feb. 29 in the Seattle area, although officials there later discovered that two people who had died Feb. 26 also had the virus.

But Santa Clara County officials said that autopsies of two people who died at their homes on Feb. 6 and Feb. 17 showed that the individuals were infected with the virus. The presence of the disease Covid-19 was determined by tissue samples and was confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, county health officials said in a statement.

U.S. Adversaries Are Accelerating, Coordinating Coronavirus Disinformation, Report Says

WASHINGTON—The State Department has assessed that Russia, China and Iran are mounting increasingly intense and coordinated disinformation campaigns against the U.S. relating to the outbreak of the new coronavirus, according to an internal report.

All three countries are using state-controlled media, social media and government agencies and officials to disseminate information to domestic audiences and global audiences alike that denigrates the U.S. and spreads false accounts, the State Department report says.

The messages then are picked up and amplified by each, repeating the other’s claims, creating an echo across traditional and social media. The pattern allows officials and official sources to give credibility to information spread by unofficial sources, the report said.

One of the aims behind the accelerating effort has been to distract domestic audiences from poor public-health responses at home, according to the report, which was reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

I mean if they WANT their economies destroyed badly then by all means do stupid **** like this.

On the subject of food issues would now be the best time to try and roll out algae or insect based foods ? They grow on their own, require limited human interaction and are quite nutritious.

I mean if they WANT their economies destroyed badly then by all means do stupid **** like this.

On the subject of food issues would now be the best time to try and roll out algae or insect based foods ? They grow on their own, require limited human interaction and are quite nutritious.
    Climate Change might accelerate plant growth. If so, then we might as well all go vegetarian. Everyone can grow their own food.

A second wave of covid-19 hits northern Japan

They start reopening public places and businesses, and then get hot by a second wave.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The Spanish flu originated in Kansas.
    And the H1N1 Influenza Virus also originated here. We have to acknowledge the fact that viruses start anywhere. What matters is the response. The whole world failed with COVID-19, except for Taiwan, South Korea, Germany, and Singapore. The last time we had this universal a failure was the Spanish Flu.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Restaurants not ready to reopen dining rooms despite Kemp’s go-ahead

Georgia restaurants have been given the green light to reopen their dining rooms on Monday, but that is unlikely to happen in metro Atlanta on Gov. Brian Kemp’s proposed timeline, based on reactions from local food-service operators.
    Reopened businesses will have to follow social distancing guidelines, screen workers for fever and respiratory illnesses, and take other steps to minimize the risk of transmitting the coronavirus. Specific guidelines are still forthcoming and are expected to be released Thursday.

Restaurants throughout the state have been closed for dine-in service since April 1, when Kemp issued statewide social distancing measures, one of the last of the nation’s governors to do so. By then, numerous metro Atlanta restaurant operators had already made the voluntary decision to close their dining rooms and patios to customers or had done so in response to mandates by city mayors. Some transitioned to a takeout-and-delivery model, and even revamped their operations to include other channels for cash flow, such as online marketplaces. Others temporarily closed down with the hopes of reopening once the threat of contracting the virus has passed.

BANNED

Yup, I fucked up on the Gulag part. However he was theeatened by the government for daring to speak out so its kind of irrelevant one way or another.

"Are we keeping score now"

So if I set a fire in your home due my dumbfuckery, lie to you, do a reasonable job of dousing it, claim to you that its totes dealt with because I stopped actually looking for it and then said fire burns down the entire suburb thats cool with you ? Awesome.
    If it's more like if your house was on fire, and instead of doing anything to help I just sit back and laugh at you and talk about how your shitty house was bound to go up in flames at some point, because obviously that could never happen to MY house, except once the fire spreads my house ended up being far more flammable than yours, and instead of doing anything to put the fire out I just kick and scream and demand that you pay for all the damages.

Rep Swalwell trolling Trump after Trump Tweets:

Trump: I have instructed the United States Navy to shoot down and destroy any and all Iranian gunboats if they harass our ships at sea.

On a seperate note I had a thought. Has anyone actually cost checked the US military? Like I know the consistent claim is "Their allocated too much cash" but do we actually know what the "correct" amount is ?

Spectacular Member Maine Starfish's Avatar

yeah, I really don’t understand the fixation on China, all it’s doing is shifting blame and as a consequence ignoring all the problems with our own current administrations response and mishandling.

like has already been said, obviously there’s plenty to criticize about the government of China, but there’s also plenty to criticize about about the US’s mishandling of the situation.