Page 1121 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 12162110211071111111171118111911201121112211231124112511311171 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,815 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Biden leads Trump in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Florida according to recent polling.

Biden also is beating Trump in key states like Arizona and Ohio. Now, again, a lot can change between now and November. But Trump being weaker when Biden has had virtually no coverage and we are still in the thick of a public health crisis where he has had highest approval ratings since taking office is certainly not a good sign.
    Looks like Berniebros need to try a little harder to help Trump get reelected.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    He probably overheard someone mention that saying about sunlight being the best disinfectant, and he took it literally.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    As Hillary said, 'Don't take medical advice from the man who looked directly into an eclipse."
    Or Kumail Nanjiani:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Looks like Berniebros need to try a little harder to help Trump get reelected.
    Most of 'em are now rejecting Benrie for endorcing 'rapist Biden', so we'll just need to call 'em what they are: red rose twitter.

Biden leads Trump in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Florida according to recent polling.

Biden also is beating Trump in key states like Arizona and Ohio. Now, again, a lot can change between now and November. But Trump being weaker when Biden has had virtually no coverage and we are still in the thick of a public health crisis where he has had highest approval ratings since taking office is certainly not a good sign.
    Just to point something about that article out...

Florida

A Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found 46% of registered Florida voters said they would vote for Biden and 42% would vote for Trump.
    Wisconsin

Biden held a narrow 43%-40% lead over Trump in Wisconsin, according to the Ipsos/Reuters poll, which had a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.
    Trump is going after his own reelection effort like Endo, and there are two out of those four states where Biden isn't even up by a full five points.

To me, it's not exactly the best news.

Not bad, but not really promising either.

Never mind the amount of folks that those numbers suggest might be sitting things out/voting for a candidate other than "Biden"/"Trump". If folks didn't buy into Biden having an "Enthusiasm..." problem, those numbers don't exactly point to him having a serious amount of enthusiasm behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Trump is going after his own reelection effort like Endo, and there are two out of those four states where Biden isn't even up by a full five points.
    These were two states whose last statewide governor races were decided within a point of one another. These are contentious states. The fact that he is up by that much is saying something. Especially when Trump is getting all the media coverage, positive or negative, and he is able to make his case directly to the American people in a time of crisis when we have “rally around the flag” effects.

Perhaps not. I would obviously prefer better. But I think Trump’s conditions are as favorable as they have ever been for his re-election given his approval rating, at 43%, is still a high in regards to his polling for most of his term. And the fact he is still losing probably should raise concerns within his campaign.

Never mind the amount of folks that those numbers suggest might be sitting things out/voting for a candidate other than "Biden"/"Trump". If folks didn't buy into Biden having an "Enthusiasm..." problem, those numbers don't exactly point to him having a serious amount of enthusiasm behind him.
    Biden just came out of a contentious primary with over two dozen candidates. And there was no real time after that got finalized for Biden to make his case directly without being overshadowed in coverage by COVID-19 and the numerous actual elected officials actually at the helm.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

These were two states whose last statewide governor races were decided within a point of one another. These are contentious states. The fact that he is up by that much is saying something. Especially when Trump is getting all the media coverage, positive or negative, and he is able to make his case directly to the American people in a time of crisis when we have “rally around the flag” effects.

Perhaps not. I would obviously prefer better. But I think Trump’s conditions are as favorable as they have ever been for his re-election given his approval rating, at 43%, is still a high in regards to his polling for most of his term. And the fact he is still losing probably should raise concerns within his campaign.

Biden just came out of a contentious primary with over two dozen candidates. And there was no real time after that got finalized for Biden to make his case directly without being overshadowed in coverage by COVID-19 and the numerous actual elected officials actually at the helm.
    I mean, I'd rather be up in Florida than not. Sanders' last polling ther had him down between 4 and 8 points to Trump.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Remember the date, April 23, 2020, the president of the United States inquires about injecting people with disinfectant as a means to fighting a virus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Acyn/stat...813173760?s=19

After the chloroquine situation, I really hope his lemmings don’t try this.
    Unfortunately, it stands to reason more than a few members of Trump's cult will give that a try. When deaths inevitably result and word about that gets back to Trump, he'll just shrug and refuse to take responsibility.

====================

A Potential Game Changer In The Struggle Against Coronavirus

Through aggressive testing, Germany and South Korea avoided some of the pandemic’s worst effects. Now they may provide a model for how countries can safely exit lockdowns.

Your Survival Of COVID-19 May Depend On How Much Your Governor Fears Trump

Democrats and some blue-state Republican governors typically acted earlier than Republicans in deep-red states. I'm glad I live in a blue state (Pennsylvania) where our governor took a strong stand on protecting the citizens instead of kissing Trump's ass. Meanwhile....

Trump Reportedly Approved Of Georgia’s Reopen Plan Before Bashing It

The president has publicly slammed GOP Gov. Brian Kemp’s aggressive plan to reopen the state’s economy.

New HHS Spokesman Has Deleted Racist Tweets Published As The Coronavirus Spread

Michael Caputo tweeted conspiracy theories and claimed “millions of Chinese suck the blood out of rabid bats.” Why am I not surprised this guy is an asswipe?

Pat Robertson Suggests Same-Sex Marriage, Abortion Among Reasons For COVID-19

God won’t end the coronavirus pandemic until people repent of certain “sins,” the televangelist indicated on “The 700 Club.” Lord have mercy.

Conservative Website Names Trump’s Coronavirus ‘Day That Will Live in Infamy’

The Bulwark pins Trump’s biggest COVID-19 failings to a specific date.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Just to point something about that article out...

You know who DID have an enthusiasm problem ? Bernie. Just couldn't get enough votes somehow.

Anyway now we've moved on from our DINO trying to diverge I've got to say, I get what the Commissioner of Dalass is saying but the science is pretty blunt. These people are going to be in danger. Now the government COULD actually help OR it can sit on its hands out of ideological idiocy and watch as the USA falls apart.

What stuck out(to me)...

You had folks try to frame things as "HRC Was A Singular Case When It Comes To Negatives..." in public opinion of her.

If that was absolutely the whole of it, shouldn't Biden have more than a five point lead in those states when Trump is taking a sledge to his reelection chances in the time since those statewide races?

To me, I'm seeing the numbers not being decidedly different from 2016 even though the Democratic Party nominee is supposedly more popular and Trump is taking a what should be a figurative wrecking ball to his chances.

Astonishing Member

What stuck out(to me)...

You had folks try to frame things as "HRC Was A Singular Case When It Comes To Negatives..." in public opinion of her.
    Who?

If that was absolutely the whole of it, shouldn't Biden have more than a five point lead in those states when Trump is taking a sledge to his reelection chances in the time since those statewide races?
    Given this is Florida we're talking about this is good news. It's a swing state, not Democrat territory.

To me, I'm seeing the numbers not being decidedly different from 2016 even though the Democratic Party nominee is supposedly more popular and Trump is taking a what should be a figurative wrecking ball to his chances.
    Trump is incredibly popular to his base and the GOP, the things he's done should have sunk him years ago but here we are. You need to stop looking at Democrats and start looking at why he's held so tightly by Republicans. They elected him, we didn't.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

In news that flew by us...

A 36-year-old man pulled a knife Friday on a television news team covering an anti-lockdown protest in Huntington Beach, California, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Christien Francis Petersen of Costa Mesa has been jailed on suspicion of exhibiting a deadly weapon other than a firearm and kidnapping, The Orange County Register reported.

Petersen approached a KTTV cameraman and reporter, produced a pocket knife and forced them into a news van to delete any footage in which he may have appeared, the station reported.

The journalists had been covering a Huntington Beach protest against a state shelter-in-place order issued to try to curb the spread of coronavirus, the Los Angeles Times reported.

Petersen, whose arrest form listed him as an attorney, was arrested about 7:50 p.m., The Orange County Register reported. He was being held on $100,000 bail.

Police said Petersen, who may have been intoxicated, was upset that he had been filmed by the KTTV news team at a “Live Free or Die” rally earlier Friday, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The reporter and cameraman were not hurt, KTTV reported. Petersen was still holding the videographer at knifepoint in the news van when police arrived, according to the station.

Christopher Darden, Petersen’s attorney, called the incident a “gross misunderstanding” in a statement, The New York Post reported.

Darden said Petersen objected to being photographed because he was not taking part in the protest and didn’t want to be associated with it since he’s looking for a job, according to the publication.

“When and if the opportunity arises he intends to offer his personal apology to the cameraman,” Darden said, The New York Post reported. Darden confirmed that Petersen is an attorney and said he’s a father of two.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, I'd rather be up in Florida than not. Sanders' last polling ther had him down between 4 and 8 points to Trump.
    That does tend to happen in Florida when you go and praise Fidel Castro without reason.

On this date in 2015, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" ran a profile of Basil Marceaux, who while simultaneously running for Governor of Tennessee and for Congress to represent Tennessee’s 3rd District in the U.S. House of Representatives, put out a political ad online that made him a viral sensation, getting him notoriety enough to be reported on by Stephen Colbert on the Colbert Report. Marceaux, who is missing several teeth that give him a cartoonish and funny speech impediment, still champions on as a public speaker in his ad, where he promised to "immune you from all state crimes for the rest of you life!" and stated his desire that "everyone carry guns", eloquently warning, “Voters "like my gun views. I want everyone to have a gun. If I think that someone doesn't have one, maybe I'll fine them $10." Marceaux also claims to be an agent of the Freedman’s Bureau, an organization that assisted freed slaves in 1866 and had been defunct for… oh, more than a century. But his role as an agent with them makes him immune to all crimes. While judges who have seen Marceaux in court for speeding tickets disagree with that logic, they do tend to find him guilty for reason of insanity, instead. (Yes, a Republican gubernatorial candidate in Tennessee was too insane to be found guilty of a crime.) Other Marceaux campaign planks included planting grass or vegetation "across the state on any vacant lot and sell it for gas so we can use it for our expenses”, which would in no way generate revenue and to "remove all gold-finch flags and fly the real flag with the three stripes” and to “stop traffic stops." Since Basil has no chance of ever being elected to Congress, Governor, President, or frankly, anything else.

In 2016, 2017, 2018, as well as 2019, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” presented profiles of Gary Glenn, from District 98 in the Michigan House of Representatives, and who previously made a living working as an anti-gay conservative activist, specifically with the American Family Association as the president of their Michigan chapter, which the Southern Poverty Law Center still classifies the AFA as an anti-gay hate group. Prior to running for office, Glenn had already directed a variety of disgusting comments towards the LGBT community publicly, not limited to his call to criminalize homosexuality as recently as February of 2010, the fact that he signed on to a lawsuit against the federal government because he felt the via the Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009 “elevates people with deviant sexual behaviors to a special, protected class”, his comparison between comparison between homosexuality and smoking, and in a July 2011 interview where he shared his belief that businesses should not hire gay employees because they “are not the best and brightest employees” because they take “health risks”, by which he expounded included a “dramatically higher risk of mental illness and substance abuse and AIDS and cancer and hepatitis.” voters balked a bit at all that when Glenn appeared as a candidate in the 2012 elections for U.S. Senate to challenge for the seat held by Debbie Stabenow, attacking her pro-choice stance on abortion while supporting not just the defunding of Planned Parenthood, but to create a Personhood amendment and ban abortion. Alas, after losing that year in the GOP Primary, Glenn did not give up his political aspirations, instead choosing to run for the Michigan House of Representatives in the 2014 mid-term election to replace Jim Stamas, who was up against term limits, winning office with the endorsement of disgraced Michigan Republican Party Committee member, Dave Agema, and taking the Republican primary for his seat by about 300 votes, and then winning the general election with 55% over Democrat Joan Brausch. Since winning office, Glenn has not mellowed out in the least, sending out an “agenda alert” warning on social media in March 2015 when he heard that a local newspaper had hired an openly gay news editor, and decided to claim a bias against the Midland Daily News before the editor had even started the job. A couple months later, in June of 2015, Glenn was calling for a school to be held criminally liable if a student ever contracted an STD from homosexual activity after being taught it existed in sex education class. (Y’know, the sort of smaller government the GOP touts these days.) When you look at his voting record, this is going to come as a big shock, I know… you can see Gary Glenn is laser-focused on limiting LGBT rights, co-sponsoring and voting for not one, not two, but three separate bills to allow adoption agencies to refuse to allow children to be placed in adoptive families based on their religious beliefs (i.e., same sex couples can’t adopt). It’s almost an after-thought that he also has voted for extreme anti-abortion legislation to try and prevent women in Michigan from even hearing abortion is an option if they’ve been sexually assaulted, by claiming it’s “prevention of coercion into having an abortion”. In 2017, Glenn putzed around and wasted the people’s time by sponsoring a fetal heartbeat abortion bill that even if it passes the Michigan State House and Senate, is still likely to be repealed by Gov. Rick Snyder, and even if it isn’t, it’s going to be overturned by the courts because it’s a flagrant break from precedent set by Roe v. Wade. Gary Glenn was looking to try to move into the Michigan State Senate’s District 31 in 2018, so that he can continue to support extreme conservative legislation that has no chance of passing, let alone being held up in place by the courts. However, we are thrilled to report that Gary Glenn did not even advance out of the GOP Primary, and is now a former Michigan state legislator. As he has resigned in disgrace, we will set aside his profile and we’ll look at another wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 856-45, since this was established in July 2014.)
    Last edited by worstblogever; 04-24-2020 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    That does tend to happen in Florida when you go and praise Fidel Castro without reason.
    If our biggest problem is 'Biden is not as up as we'd like', well.... that's better than having to start from behind.