Page 1170 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 1706701070112011601166116711681169117011711172 LastLast
Results 17,536 to 17,550 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The four horsemen, War, Famine, Pestilence, Death. We have famine on the way if the food chain is disrupted any more than it is. War, Trump has been on the verge of getting us into a war for quite some time.
    Interestingly enough, Pestilence is NOT one of the four horsemen from the bible, that role is taken by Conquest.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Interestingly enough, Pestilence is NOT one of the four horsemen from the bible, that role is taken by Conquest.
    Hmmm.....your right, and popular culture has it wrong.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Asian “Murder Hornets” are now in the US. Sure, 2020 just keep piling it on.

Murder Hornets in the US: The Rush to Stop the Asian Giant Hornet

With queens that can grow to two inches long, Asian giant hornets can use mandibles shaped like spiked shark fins to wipe out a honeybee hive in a matter of hours, decapitating the bees and flying away with the thoraxes to feed their young. For larger targets, the hornet’s potent venom and stinger — long enough to puncture a beekeeping suit — make for an excruciating combination that victims have likened to hot metal driving into their skin.

Ok so we got plague and pestilence. Just waiting for famine and the inevitable skeleton with the scythe to come riding out of the sky.
    Well, ****! It’s like Good Omens has come to life. Just great!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I thought the Four Horsemen were Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn and Ole Anderson.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, ****! It’s like Good Omens has come to life. Just great!

I thought the Four Horsemen were Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Arn and Ole Anderson.
    That was the original Four. But when Ole retired, they had a series of replacements. I think even the infamous Chris Benoit was one of the Horsemen for a little while.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That was the original Four. But when Ole retired, they had a series of replacements. I think even the infamous Chris Benoit was one of the Horsemen for a little while.
    So was Lex Lugar.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    You present yourself as a neutral observer yet you've proven to be only interested in normalising the bad elements one the left. Whatever credibility you did have is gone at this juncture.
    There is no "we," you don't speak for us. "Scapegoating" is a revealing word you chose. You're not interested in calling both sides you want resistance to the bad actors on the left to quiet down so they can do their work unimpeded.
    It's impossible to build a coalition with people who want to snuffle out your voice and demoralise the Democratic voters. This isn't all the Left, of course. They're not all tankies more invested in letting Trump win.
    Except all you've shown as holding the Centre-Left to standards that won't be mirrored by the Left. Or the fact that we should shut up when they abuse people online and demoralise Democrats. You want the Left to do as they please, you're not interested in accountability on both sides.
    You should follow your ow advice. I don't partake in conspiracy theories or those who encourage them to stop Democrats winning elections.
    You've shown yourself to be one of "them." I can't get through to you because you're not interested in hearing what I have to say. You're not voting Biden, and never had any intention of doing anything else.

This schtick is over. Stop trying to foster environments where tankies can undermine the party.
    Not as much as you think.
    There you go!
    You've been wanting to tear into me this entire time.
    I hope you feel better now!

Anyway.

I don't think I could've asked for a post that more perfectly illustrates literally every point I've been making thus far.
    So thank you for that!
    Really, about the only thing left to say is this:

Even if you were right about me, which you are not, you have wasted this entire time needlessly prosecuting and needling me.

For what?
    Instead, you could have been actually talking to someone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    It's just annoying that we went through that whole mess of a primary that ended up ruining the political star of more than a few up and coming Democratic hopefuls, only to end up with a guy whose entire pitch was that he was the most electable candidate, but isn't looking all too electable right about now. And whatever you think about Tara Reade or the truth of her allegations, the way that Democrats are going after her is pretty much the exact script that was used to discredit rape victims before Me Too. And if the supposedly PC and pro-woman left is normalizing these sorts of tactics, that effectively puts a nail in the coffin of the entire movement, all for the sake of electing Joe fucking Biden, who probably won't even win anyway. Of course all of this will be blamed on the left, and centrists will be back at it in 2024, serving up another bland uninspiring candidate to get curb stomped.
    I'm not trying to single out PwrdOn.
    It's just that their post shares many of the common (and largely valid) points and frustrations that I keep seeing from Progressives in online convos, like this one.

You could've been reaching out positively to them.
    You could've been using your empathy, listening, establishing rapport, and building consensus.
    You could've been making sure that they are being heard, that they do belong in DNC, and that voting for Joe is absolutely the right thing to do.

Instead, you're witch-hunting and scapegoating because it's easier and it feels good.
    Last edited by Striderblack01; 05-02-2020 at 08:00 PM.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Asian “Murder Hornets” are now in the US. Sure, 2020 just keep piling it on.

Murder Hornets in the US: The Rush to Stop the Asian Giant Hornet

With queens that can grow to two inches long, Asian giant hornets can use mandibles shaped like spiked shark fins to wipe out a honeybee hive in a matter of hours, decapitating the bees and flying away with the thoraxes to feed their young. For larger targets, the hornet’s potent venom and stinger — long enough to puncture a beekeeping suit — make for an excruciating combination that victims have likened to hot metal driving into their skin.

Ok so we got plague and pestilence. Just waiting for famine and the inevitable skeleton with the scythe to come riding out of the sky.
    Kind of joking but reading this scares me more than the corona virus. It's as if we don't have enough problems with the bee colony collapse issues in this country. And like Tami, I wonder what other curse will befall us in the reign of Trump.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    There you go!
    You've been wanting to tear into me this entire time.
    I hope you feel better now!
    I gave you numerous chances at having a good conversation, and you blew it.

Anyway.

I don't think I could've asked for a post that more perfectly illustrates literally every point I've been making thus far.
    So thank you for that!
    Really, about the only thing left to say is this:
    I don't think you're this naive. Your motive do become suspect when you dodge questions about trying to get the left elected, other than feelings and refuse to hold the left accountable for worse activities. By encouraging not to argue with the bad actors you normalise their behaviour and let them continue there agenda unopposed. You won't even say tankies are bad.

Even if you were right about me, which you are not, you have wasted this entire time needlessly prosecuting and needling me.

For what?
    Instead, you could have been actually talking to someone like this.
    Because your arguments weren't as concrete as you thought they are and when asked about the problematic aspects all I got was dodging and ignoring.
    We could have been but you weren't interested in doing that. Anyone who posits that it's only the Centre-Left's responsibility for everything online isn't getting the benefit of a doubt. Certainly not again and again, as with these responses.

Retire the schtick - tell us how you really feel.

I'm not trying to single out PwrdOn.
    It's just that their post shares many of the common (and largely valid) points and frustrations that I keep seeing from Progressives in online convos, like this one.

You could've been reaching out positively to them.
    You could've been using your empathy, listening, establishing rapport, and building consensus.
    You could've been making sure that they are being heard, that they do belong in DNC, and that voting for Joe is absolutely the right thing to do.

Instead, you're witch-hunting and scapegoating because it's easier and it feels good.
    Finally, something we agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So was Lex Lugar.
    So was Paul Roma.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Astonishing Member

Due to the current political, health and environmental climates, it is believed the sheer incompetence and hubris of the Trump GOP administration will allow, if continued for another term, for hornets and Coronavirus to merge so the following will happen within 14 days without strict social distancing.

So, a someone recently accused Biden of 'complimenting her breasts' when she was 14 years old. This person is apparently related to Christine O'Donnel (yes, the Not a Witch Christine O'donnel'.

Predictably, the story made the rounds on outrage twitter as proof of Biden raping Tara Reade.

It has now been proven without any room for doubt that Biden was never at the event this is supposed to have happened at in question.

https://twitter.com/SashaPezenik/sta...79429956780033

(Okay wow, she deleted her thread due to criticism over the way it started, given that it made it sound like Biden was guilty when the records clearly indicate he wasn't, something she states down thread.)

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1256813994607874049
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-02-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

when asked about the problematic aspects all I got was dodging and ignoring.
    We could have been but you weren't interested in doing that. Anyone who posits that it's only the Centre-Left's responsibility for everything online isn't getting the benefit of a doubt. Certainly not again and again, as with these responses.
    No offense, but people post a lot of garbage.

I have found responding to every line item to be exhausting. Especially if it didn't interest me to begin with.
    It also leads to undesired tangents.

By selfishly disregarding that which is inconsequential or not of interest, I can ensure that the conversation stays on-topic.

Your motive do become suspect when you dodge questions about trying to get the left elected, other than feelings and refuse to hold the left accountable for worse activities.
    Couple of things:

• I pretty much have spelled out where I stand and who I'm voting for.
      You just don't want to believe it.
    • I shouldn't need to pass a Party Purity Test to offer an insightful critique or useful advice on how to win elections or build coalitions.
      A good idea is a good idea. Why focus on the messenger? I'm not even really saying anything particularly ground-breaking.
      My posts can essentially be summarized as "If you want Progressives to vote for the DNC, and not leave the Party, maybe listen to them, stop misrepresenting them, and stop scapegoating them for the Party's failures".
      It should be common sense, and I am a little flabbergasted at the amount of resistance that message has received.

But if want to keep wasting time, by all means, keep making wildly off-the-mark conspiratorial assertions about my political inclinations.
    I'm actually, perversely, really enjoying them.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Due to the current political, health and environmental climates, it is believed the sheer incompetence and hubris of the Trump GOP administration will allow, if continued for another term, for hornets and Coronavirus to merge so the following will happen within 14 days without strict social distancing.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

AP Reporter Alexandra Jaffe reports:

New: Tara Reade told me the report she says she filed regarding her issues with Joe Biden did not explicitly accuse him of sexual assault or harassment.

And in light of what happened on this thread a few hours ago, I wholeheartedly agree with this tweet:

As this Reade story falls apart don’t lose sight of where it came from. This wasn’t Russians, this wasn’t Republicans.

This was Bernieworld. This was an attempt to steal the nomination by smearing a good man as a rapist. This is who they are and they’ve shown us time and again.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!