Page 1171 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 171671107111211161116711681169117011711172 LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,565 of 17573
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    AP Reporter Alexandra Jaffe reports:

And in light of what happened on this thread a few hours ago, I wholeheartedly agree with this tweet:
    This is so weird to me. The Bernie Bros or whoever are their own worst enemy. And it looks more like they want to see Trump win again than anyone other than Bernie. How crazy is that? Bernie conceded and it's time that they move on.

As for me, I really didn't want to see the 70 going on 80 year old guys being our only choices.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Wall Street is gonna see some wild rides tomorrow:

Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRKa.N) sold its entire stakes in the four largest U.S. airlines in April, Chairman Warren Buffett said Saturday at the company’s annual meeting, saying “the world has changed” for the aviation industry.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    No offense, but people post a lot of garbage.

I have found responding to every line item to be exhausting. Especially if it didn't interest me to begin with.
    It also leads to undesired tangents.

By selfishly disregarding that which is inconsequential or not of interest, I can ensure that the conversation stays on-topic.
    Discussing how the left can improve itself running elections, outside of feelings, is not a tangent - it's politics about elections. It's completely on topic. This dodging is what I was talking about. You don't want to dig deep into fixing the Left, you want validation that you're right on the surface of how politics works. This presents a picture that you find talking about getting leftists to win elections boring and would rather discuss anything but it. Which is bizarre as this discussion was based off a post of your about the Democrats blaming the left for losing elections.

Couple of things:

I pretty much have spelled out where I stand and who I'm voting for.
    You just don't want to believe it.
    I asked you point blank if you were voting for Biden and got no response. Who you represent hasn't been up front, you claim to speak for progressives yet only really include the Left as progressives. You may be more polite but your intent may as well be in neon lights.

I shouldn't need to pass a Party Purity Test to offer an insightful critique or useful advice on how to win elections or build coalitions.
    A good idea is a good idea. Why focus on the messenger? I'm not even really saying anything particularly ground-breaking.
    My posts can essentially be summarized as "If you want Progressives to vote for the DNC, and not leave the Party, maybe listen to them, stop misrepresenting them, and stop scapegoating them for the Party's failures".
    Fascinating, you think calling tankies bad is a purity test. What is your opinion on tankies? Politics is about all sorts of things, which include bad actors. We can talk about all sorts of subjects on politics and tankies except when I've tried you've shut it down. You haven't shown any inclination about discussing how to win elections or building coalitions in depth. All you wanted to discuss was how the Centre left should appease the left, including tankies, and not give them any pushback when they push boundaries of behaviour.

We're having a discussion about politics, why wouldn't I be curious about your opinions on politics? The fact you view the Left as beings scapegoating shows you're not as politically neutral as you're trying to project yourself as. Which is fine, but don't play games to hide where you stand politically. Evading the spotlight here only draws more more scrutiny on your motives. The fact you think all the Centre left has been doing this election is being untrustworthy and the left as docile puppies who did nothing wrong, when not too long ago you were castigating a type of Leftist I was talking about before going back to ignoring the left's issues, is only making your argument more confusing.

It should be common sense, and I am a little flabbergasted at the amount of resistance that message has received.

But if want to keep wasting time, by all means, keep making wildly off-the-mark conspiratorial assertions about my political inclinations.
    I'm actually, perversely, really enjoying them.
    I'm not the one subtly implying conspiracy theories about the election. With that said, let's get this out in the open: do you think Sanders was cheated in those elections?

You keep saying we're wasting time, when we're in a pandemic and have shown no initiative to discuss things with any depth. If you had an interest about getting in real discussions politically we'd be doing it right now but you're not.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-03-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Is this thread looking broken to anyone else?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Astonishing Member

It is for me. I don't know what happened, trying to figure it out.

Me too. Definitely broken.

Guys, I think The Intercept is not on our side.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Me too. Definitely broken.
    Might just be this page. Should we argue back and forth over bees for the rest of the page to see if the next page works better?

Hillary was right!

Might just be this page. Should we argue back and forth over bees for the rest of the page to see if the next page works better?
    Okay, I'll start. Waspinator was the best Transformer, period.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Okay, I'll start. Waspinator was the best Transformer, period.
    Are Wasps even bees, or are they just pretending? They are not nearly as fluffy.

Hillary was right!

(Mostly Kidding...) -

The lack of "Thinking Cap" at play here is kind of a bummer.

Think about the page number at which old threads were retired. Then, think about the current page number of this thread.

I've got a funny feeling that might have something to do with it. Not exactly a "Sure Thing..." feeling, but kinda "Fairly Solid..."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    (Mostly Kidding...) -

The lack of "Thinking Cap" at play here is kind of a bummer.

Think about the page number at which old threads were retired. Then, think about the current page number of this thread.

I've got a funny feeling that might have something to do with it. Not exactly a "Sure Thing..." feeling, but kinda "Fairly Solid..."
    The page number was 5000, no?

Hillary was right!

So, I want to post something about Russia, but there are not enough posts about bees yet.

Hillary was right!

Or maybe I'll just start a new thread before somebody who cannot count does so.

Hillary was right!

The page number was 5000, no?
    Take a peek...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...er-Cannot-Hold