Page 119 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 19691091151161171181191201211221231291692196191119 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 17573

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Emerson has Trump beating all but Sanders in the 2020 GE. They are all within 4 points with a +/- of 2.
    So Trump has gone from being crushed in hypothetical presidential races a month ago to leading almost all the Dems today. So the more damning evidence that comes out about his corrupt ass the stronger he gets?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Trump has gone from being crushed in hypothetical presidential races a month ago to leading almost all the Dems today. So the more damning evidence that comes out about his corrupt ass the stronger he gets?!?
    Emerson is a very balanced and trusted polster.

Concerning to say the least.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

His supporters are circling the wagons to support Trump, having fallen for his bullshit about the hearings being a “witch hunt” and how he’s the most persecuted president in history, so his lemmings have stepped up to say they have his back.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Emerson is a very balanced and trusted polster.

Concerning to say the least.
    But their numbers have been closer to Rasmussen than anyone else.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    But their numbers have been closer to Rasmussen than anyone else.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo
    They're still a trusted poll. They don't lean historically and nailed the last 2 elections on the money. I wouldn't just dismiss them out-of-hand yet.

That's the kind of thing most conservatives do and I hope this is awake up call to liberals to focus on the issues.

Trump will sink himself sooner or later.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/s...99033503756288

New FEC disclosures show a single large RNC payment of $94,800 to Books-a-Million in October, a few days before "Triggered" was released. An RNC spokesman confirmed that the expenditure was connected to their promotion of Don Trump Jr.'s book.
    An RNC spokesman previously told us "We haven’t made a large bulk purchase, but are ordering copies to keep up with demand."
    I asked today how that squares with buying almost a hundred grand worth of books on a single day.
    Answer: "We stand by our statement."
    So RNC Bought Jr's book in bulk so he could get on the best seller list. Classy

They're still a trusted poll. They don't lean historically and nailed the last 2 elections on the money. I wouldn't just dismiss the out-of-hand yet.
    Just remember that the issue in question won't be decided until November 2020, a year from now. A lot tcan happen in a year's time.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

They're still a trusted poll. They don't lean historically and nailed the last 2 elections on the money. I wouldn't just dismiss them out-of-hand yet.

That's the kind of thing most conservatives do and I hope this is awake up call to liberals to focus on the issues.

Trump will sink himself sooner or later.
    They picked a big electoral win for Clinton.
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300358284.html
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Still neither candidate was at risk for impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Still neither candidate was at risk for impeachment.
    That said, I think that recent elections have been a pretty worthwhile lesson in just how much one should trust polling.

If anything, I would be more worried about that Democrats don't feel like they have a plan for a potential scenario when Trump can walk around talking about that he was found "Not Guilty" after what he will say is a politically driven impeachment does not remove him from office.

Yes, I forgot about 2016. Apparently, my mind has blocked it out. My bad! They were right about the 2 before 2016.

2016 is still really an anomaly.

It's a day early but this is a front runner for my cartoon of the week:

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That said, I think that recent elections have been a pretty worthwhile lesson in just how much one should trust polling.

If anything, I would be more worried about that Democrats don't feel like they have a plan for a potential scenario when Trump can walk around talking about that he was found "Not Guilty" after what he will say is a politically driven impeachment does not remove him from office.
    I would say it's not so much the polls as how people choose to interpret them. A 30% chance is still a chance.

Justice Dept. trying to finish report on Russia probe before Thanksgiving

Justice Department officials are trying to release in the coming weeks a potentially explosive inspector general report about the FBI’s investigation into President Trump’s 2016 campaign, according to multiple people familiar with the effort.

One person involved in the discussions said the target date for the report’s release has been Nov. 20, but another indicated that the Justice Department is unlikely to deliver it by then and that it is more likely to come after Thanksgiving because of the complicated and contentious mix of legal, classification and political issues at play.

The report’s findings will mark a major public test of Attorney General William P. Barr’s credibility, given his past suggestions of significant problems with the investigative decisions made by former FBI leaders involved in the case.
    The findings by Inspector General Michael Horowitz also will set the stage for the separate but related investigation led by U.S. Attorney John Durham, who is investigating how U.S. intelligence agencies pursued allegations that Russian agents might have conspired with Trump associates during the 2016 campaign. Officials have recently said that investigation is pursuing potential crimes.
    Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, plans to meet Wednesday with Barr to talk about the report’s planned rollout, according to people familiar with the matter. The inspector general’s work is independent of the attorney general, but in this case, the two must work closely on the release because the inspector general does not have the authority to declassify information. Barr does. Horowitz is not expected to attend the meeting with Graham, these people said.
    Republicans hope the report will give them ammunition to argue the FBI was corrupt in its pursuit of the president and his alleged ties to Russia, according to a person involved in the GOP discussions. Congressional Republicans have defended Trump amid the ongoing impeachment inquiry centered on his effort to convince Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

Trump’s supporters have long called for officials to “investigate the investigators,” and some GOP lawmakers have predicted the inspector general’s findings will prove their accusations that a “deep state” cabal of anti-Trump bureaucrats sought to thwart his presidency.

I feared this would happen but everyone told me - "nah, don't worry it's in the bag". I know people will say I'm wrong but the Dems shouldn't have launched a public impeachment inquiry. Everything should have remained behind closed doors. Trump is in his element when he is mudslinging and playing the victim.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-21-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."