Page 121 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 21711111171181191201211221231241251311712216211121 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 17573
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Even if Trump wins re-election the Republicans comically don't realize the damage and door they leave open for the next President. They won't always have a Republican in office. They really will lose their **** when a Democrat decides to basically do what Trump has done and just laugh in their faces while he does it. "Impeach me ? You guys kept Trump in power for what I'm doing..."

They maybe enjoying a victory tomorrow and Trump supporters are creaming themselves with glee. But how will it look when a Democrat does the same exact game and to see Republicans lose their minds in Congress as that President decides to throw out Executive orders and flaunt that as President they can't face impeachment for ANYTHING. Because the door was opened. You allowed someone to have power.
    Bold of you to assume we'll still be able to vote in 2024.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Even if Trump wins re-election the Republicans comically don't realize the damage and door they leave open for the next President. They won't always have a Republican in office. They really will lose their **** when a Democrat decides to basically do what Trump has done and just laugh in their faces while he does it. "Impeach me ? You guys kept Trump in power for what I'm doing..."

They maybe enjoying a victory tomorrow and Trump supporters are creaming themselves with glee. But how will it look when a Democrat does the same exact game and to see Republicans lose their minds in Congress as that President decides to throw out Executive orders and flaunt that as President they can't face impeachment for ANYTHING. Because the door was opened. You allowed someone to have power.
    It's not that Republicans aren't aware of the damage, it's more like they know and don't care. This is why Moscow Mitch has been churning out right wingers to stack the courts like pancakes on an NFL lineman's breakfast table since the day Trump took office, to prevent against a Democrat reclaiming the Oval Office and even thinking about doing the same sort of **** Trump had done, because the GOP will have the courts on their side to smack him (or her) down quick. The GOP's been playing the long game, like sacrificing the House to get Kegger Kavanaugh on SCOTUS, and this is the end result.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-22-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Emerson is a very balanced and trusted polster.

Concerning to say the least.
    Their pro-Trump "house effect" has been stronger than Rasmussen's for a while now. They are the only pollster having Trump in net positive approval, while others have him as far down as minus 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm ready to make my 2020 prediction.

I predict Trump will coast to reelection and the impeach debacle will be the reason why. You can say I don't understand the process or that I'm wrong as much as you want. I've never been wrong with my political predictions (I can produce witnesses and documentation in PMs). My one caveat is Biden as the Democratic nominee. If someone other than Biden gets the nomination Trump could still lose. I simply see no way Biden beats Trump due mostly to base engagement (Biden is simply not popular enough with the fractured Left Wing) and the Ukrainian issue hurting Biden more than Trump (once again many groups on the Left vehemently detest Biden and say he and his son are guilty of corruption).
    If Trump wins reelection it won't be because the Dems have the audacity to question his authority, it'll be because the GOP is capital "E" evil.
    They knew Trump was a pedo the first time he was elected. Forgive me for not buying the feigned outrage from the Party of Trump.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    If Trump wins reelection it won't be because the Dems have the audacity to question his authority, it'll be because the GOP is capital "E" evil.
    They knew Trump was a pedo the first time he was elected. Forgive me for not buying the feigned outrage from the Party of Trump.
    QFT. The Dems were in a no win situation. It would probably have been less risky if they looked the other way with the Ukraine situation. The hearings and a possible trial may very well lose them some of the wishy-washy undecided voters. But you haven't made your mind up about Trump by now you have no brain or no spine or both.

But you can't leave these kind of blatant acts out there unanswered. Who knows what Trump would try next or the next GOP president would try down the road. Another thing he's gotten away with is having "acting" positions so that whoever he picks doesn't have to be approved by Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Their pro-Trump "house effect" has been stronger than Rasmussen's for a while now. They are the only pollster having Trump in net positive approval, while others have him as far down as minus 17.
    Well Rasmussen today is reporting a 44, their lowest of his presidency. There are two 39s out now, so maybe it's a bubble that broke?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Incredible Member

The big action this week isn't on TV. Keep an eye on the Supreme Court today.

https://www.politicalorphans.com/the...ek-isnt-on-tv/

"At their conference tomorrow {Friday}, Supreme Court Justices will likely decide whether Trump’s finances will ever be dragged into the daylight. Two cases seeking Trump’s finances are reaching the Supreme Court at the same time. [...] It is generally expected that the Justices will visit this matter in their Friday morning meeting.

Two questions might be answered by tomorrow. Will the Court deny certiorari, refusing to hear the cases? If no, will they grant the requested injunction. If the Court doesn’t make a decision on cert tomorrow than the injunction will almost certainly be granted.

Will the Court hear agree either of these cases? They shouldn’t, but given the prominence of the case they might."
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Beastie's Cartoons of the Week:

"Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    QFT. The Dems were in a no win situation. It would probably have been less risky if they looked the other way with the Ukraine situation. The hearings and a possible trial may very well lose them some of the wishy-washy undecided voters. But you haven't made your mind up about Trump by now you have no brain or no spine or both.

But you can't leave these kind of blatant acts out there unanswered. Who knows what Trump would try next or the next GOP president would try down the road. Another thing he's gotten away with is having "acting" positions so that whoever he picks doesn't have to be approved by Congress.
    That’s something which needs to be addressed in a huge way. It’s one thing for an administration to have one, two, perhaps three “acting” positions, but Trump abused that to the nth degree to get around Congress because he knew most, if not all those people in those positions would never have been confirmed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Stop me if you've heard this one... Steve King retweeted a European white nationalist.

This one praises Hitler and denies the Holocaust happened.

The GOP still has not called on him to resign. This has been going on for what, five or six years now?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's not that Republicans aren't aware of the damage, it's more like they know and don't care. This is why Moscow Mitch has been churning out right wingers to stack the courts like pancakes on an NFL lineman's breakfast table since the day Trump took office, to prevent against a Democrat reclaiming the Oval Office and even thinking about doing the same sort of **** Trump had done, because the GOP will have the courts on their side to smack him (or her) down quick. The GOP's been playing the long game, like sacrificing the House to get Kegger Kavanaugh on SCOTUS, and this is the end result.
    They understand quite clearly that demographic shifts are occurring and are packing the courts, gerrymandering, and cheating at every turn in order to buffer against any chance of losing power. If/when Trump gets re-elected current demographic trends won’t matter. Not only will he continue to pack the courts with candidates who would have been disbarred but RBG isn’t long for this world and he’ll have the Supreme Court letting him and right wing Christians do whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Stop me if you've heard this one... Steve King retweeted a European white nationalist.

This one praises Hitler and denies the Holocaust happened.

The GOP still has not called on him to resign. This has been going on for what, five or six years now?
    They can't afford to lose his district in Iowa till after 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm ready to make my 2020 prediction.

I predict Trump will coast to reelection and the impeach debacle will be the reason why. You can say I don't understand the process or that I'm wrong as much as you want. I've never been wrong with my political predictions (I can produce witnesses and documentation in PMs). My one caveat is Biden as the Democratic nominee. If someone other than Biden gets the nomination Trump could still lose. I simply see no way Biden beats Trump due mostly to base engagement (Biden is simply not popular enough with the fractured Left Wing) and the Ukrainian issue hurting Biden more than Trump (once again many groups on the Left vehemently detest Biden and say he and his son are guilty of corruption).
    I wouldn't put a whole box of jellybeans on that...

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Keep going lower... we clearly haven't hit bottom. Speaking of which, how is the Trump profile going WBE?

Trump opens up Camp David as an "adult playground" to woo GOP lawmakers during impeachment https://t.co/zNtOVyXSdz