Page 129 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 29791191251261271281291301311321331391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 17573
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So they like guys who stand over the dead body of a 12 year old like he's some deer kill? smh It's soldiers like him that provide recruits for ISIS
    DING DING DING! You are correct! Stupid **** like that does nothing but put bullseyes on the backs of Special Forces operators, if not all soldiers over there. If what Gallagher had done wasn't a violation of the Geneva Convention, I'd love to know what qualifies.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Texas Republican Party’s 2020 election strategy document lands in Democrats’ hands

AUSTIN -- In a bizarre political blunder, a document laying out the Republican Party of Texas’s election strategy for the 2020 elections has ended up in the hands of Texas Democrats. Attacking Democratic candidates through websites and mitigating “the polarizing nature” of President Donald Trump are part of the plan.

The document — called a draft for initial discussion by the Texas GOP Party chair — was titled “Primary/General Election 2020 [Draft]” and began showing up in Democratic emails Monday evening.
    It includes a target list of 12 statehouse districts, including six in North Texas, that Republicans are aiming to take back in next year’s elections. Negative attacks through websites, and highlighting diverse Republicans to counter a “narrative driven by Democrats” about the GOP’s lack of diversity are also part of the strategy.

Republican targets in North Texas are Dallas County Democratic Reps. Ana-Maria Ramos, Terry Meza, Rhetta Bowers, John Turner and Julie Johnson, as well as Denton County Rep. Michelle Beckley.
    “Starting after the Primary, the RPT will generate microsites for negative hits against the Democrat candidates in our twelve target race—we expect each microsite to be roughly $500,” the document reads. “We will then begin rolling out these websites, prioritizing the races that were within 4% in the 2018 election.”

Democrats are trying to take the majority in the Texas House for the first time since 2003. After gaining 12 seats in 2018, the Democrats narrowed the gap in the House to 67-83. And they have made no secret of their desire to win the majority next year.

“Republicans have already fumbled the ball and we aren’t even in 2020 yet," said Manny Garcia, executive director of the Texas Democratic Party. “They know they’re in deep trouble ‘given the polarizing nature of the President’ and expect ‘Republicans will refuse to turnout during the General Election because they don’t want to vote for him.’ The Texas Republican Party is desperate.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

That seems more like subverting & interfering than campaigning & organizing. Can't win on issues, so make sure nobody can vote!

The GOP folks!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    So they like guys who stand over the dead body of a 12 year old like he's some deer kill? smh It's soldiers like him that provide recruits for ISIS
    I've been convinced over the years that the GOP actually likes violence against children. It must be good for the poll numbers or something, especially if it's a brown child.

Astonishing Member

First Lady Melania Trump Booed While Speaking at Youth Summit in Baltimore

As First Lady Melania Trump was welcomed onstage at the University of Maryland Baltimore College Tuesday to speak during a youth event, she was met with resounding boos from the audience of middle and high students from the Baltimore area.

The First Lady was attending the B’MORE Youth Summit for Opioid Awareness, hosted by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration’s 360 Campaign and the Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation. Trump spoke for about five minutes, primarily about her Be Best agenda, but her speech was overshadowed by more boos and noise from those in attendance. As she left the stage, the First Lady was booed again.

According to pool reports from CNN’s Kate Bennett, there were “some cheers,” but that the “resounding chorus” and a “lot of audience noise” was negative. Bennett described it as the worst reception she is aware of the First Lady receiving.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nz2...ature=youtu.be

Oh well Be Best seems to be a success!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That seems more like subverting & interfering than campaigning & organizing. Can't win on issues, so make sure nobody can vote!

The GOP folks!
    I love this part:
    The plan also identifies the Republican-led elimination of straight ticket voting as “one of the biggest challenges ahead of the 2020 cycle.”

Hard to take her agenda seriously when her own husband, the President, doesn't even follow it's tenants.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Hard to take her agenda seriously when her own husband, the President, doesn't even follow it's tenants.
    Exactly, and older kids are going to pick up on that fake bs.

I am expecting the Fox News nightly sea hags to start attacking the kids on her behalf tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I love this part:
    I noticed that, too.

Can't win? Don't let them vote.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

To be honest, I don’t know why she even bothers anymore. At best, no one takes her seriously and is viewed as nothing more than arm candy for a demagogue, at worst, she’s seen as silently complicit in her husband’s cruelty against anyone who isn’t white, male, rich and Christian. No wonder she wasn’t at all well received. It’s all a colossal farce, just like her.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

My Fellow Republicans, Please Follow the Facts

To my fellow Republicans, I give this grave and genuine warning: It’s not enough merely to dismiss the Ukraine investigation as a partisan witch hunt or to hide behind attacks against the “deep state,” or to try to find some reason to denounce every witness who steps forward, from decorated veterans to Trump megadonors.

History demands that we all wrestle with the facts at hand. They are unavoidable. Fifty years from now, history will not accept the position that impeachment was a referendum on the House speaker, Nancy Pelosi. It must be a verdict reached on the facts.
    My judgment so far as an objective observer is that there are multiple actions on this president’s part that warrant a vote of impeachment in the House, based on corroborated testimony that Mr. Trump and his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, pressured leaders of Ukraine to investigate the Democratic presidential candidate Joseph Biden and his family.

Tucker Carlson’s defense of Russia takes “America First” to its logical conclusion

On his Monday night show, Fox News host Tucker Carlson made a comment that was shocking even by his standards. He said he’s rooting for Russia to prevail in its armed conflict with Ukraine’s fledging democracy — a conflict that began when Russia illegally invaded its neighbor years ago and continues to this day.

During a segment about impeachment with former Hillary Clinton adviser Richard Goodstein, Carlson questioned why Americans should even care that President Donald Trump used hundreds of millions of dollars of military aid to leverage Ukraine into investigating his political rivals in the first place. Goodstein responded by noting that “people are dying on the front lines” there. (More than 13,000 people have died as a result of the conflict so far.)

The US government hasn’t always thought that providing military aid to Ukraine is the smartest way to maintain stability in Eastern Europe. But even Republicans who don’t think Trump should be impeached for using it as leverage for political favors generally believe that deterring Russian aggression and protecting democracy in Eastern Europe is important. Carlson, however, went on to express a view that in a previous era would have been far outside the foreign policy mainstream, but accords with the type of nihilism he’s played a leading role in promoting during the Trump era.

“Why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia?!” Carlson said. “And I’m serious. Why do I care? Why shouldn’t I root for Russia? Which I am.”
    Last edited by Tami; 11-26-2019 at 02:39 PM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmmaVigel...242729477?s=19

-Obama would try to “stop” Bernie from winning if he thought Sanders had a chance (insanely dismissive)

-He doesn’t think Harris can appeal to black voters

-He is “skeptical” of Buttigieg

-Obama sees Warren support as a slight against him

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh my god, this is so f**king stupid!

Conan, the hero dog injured in the al-Baghdadi raid, is in fact female, a US defense official tells @ABC.

Yesterday, the White House said that Conan was a girl, but later said the dog was actually a boy. The change came after Trump and Pence used male pronouns to refer to Conan. https://t.co/JPX9au0KYc

And it even gets dumber!

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE PENTAGON TO
    @BUZZFEEDNEWS
    : “Per U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM), Conan is a male dog.”
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 11-26-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    DING DING DING! You are correct! Stupid **** like that does nothing but put bullseyes on the backs of Special Forces operators, if not all soldiers over there. If what Gallagher had done wasn't a violation of the Geneva Convention, I'd love to know what qualifies.
    It's like we are providing the motive for another terrorist attack by pardoning this guy. And now that idiot *uckFace Carlson is siding with the Russians. Well, I guess it's out in the open now the far right has been on, ever since those "I'd rather be Russian then a Democrat" started popping up at Trump rallies about a year or so ago.