Page 137 of 1172 FirstFirst ... 37871271331341351361371381391401411471872376371137 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 17573

Now he should just consider entering the U.S. Senate race as a challenger to Steve Daines.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The transformation of the Republican Party into the Trump Party is pretty much complete at this point, and there's nothing that can be done to stop that 18-wheeler going downhill without brakes. IMO, the reason no one in the GOP will oppose Trump, not even on the smallest thing is plain and simple fear, fear of losing power. Every deplorable thing the GOP wants to do, the greed, the campaign against immigrants, the judge stacking, all that can be done with Red Grant in the Oval Office, minus the 24/7 craziness, but Republicans are scared to death to move against Trump because they know his base are loyal to him, NOT the party, if he's ousted, say like via impeachment, his supporters will abandon ship faster than you can say "Titanic", and VOILA, they're left powerless with a Democrat in the White House, and perhaps even Dems reclaiming control of the Senate as well. The GOP have no one to blame for the shitstorm they're in but themselves, they created the monster that's Trump, and it's destroyed them.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Hey guys! I have a sad announcement, and as this is the thread I am most active on here I don't know where else to post it on Community.

I haven't been as active as I would have liked in the past several weeks, and that's due to me looking for work, donating plasma, and doing whatever else I can to help my Mom as she's in imminent danger of losing her home of 20+ years. I hate having to ask for help like this but we have a GoFundMe going right now to try and save it, and rather than post the link here and possibly break any forum rules I'll send it via PM to anyone who's interested.

While any financial assistance at all is helpful, so is sharing our story in the hopes that it will reach someone who can give us a hand so if you want to help then let me know.

Thank you all for your time, your kindness, and your generosity!

P.S. If this post is deemed inappropriate and needs to be deleted, please let me know how I can share this with anyone here who may know me without breaking any forum rules.

And now back to the politics thread as usual:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Rick Perry is officially out the door, and he left a cringe worthy video behind.
    I doubt there's much Rick Perry has done that doesn't inspire a cringe reaction in your average person.

Rep. Duncan Hunter to abandon ‘not guilty’ plea in campaign finance scandal

After years of denials and claims he was the target of a political witch hunt, Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Alpine, is scheduled to appear in federal court Tuesday morning to change his plea of not guilty to charges stemming from a sweeping campaign finance investigation.

The announcement was posted on the U.S. District Court docket Monday morning without any supplemental documentation.

“Notice of change of hearing as to defendant Duncan D. Hunter,” the docket entry states. “Change of Plea Hearing set for 12/3/2019 10:00 AM in Courtroom 3C before Judge Thomas J. Whelan.”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Hey guys! I have a sad announcement, and as this is the thread I am most active on here I don't know where else to post it on Community.
    Pop the link to me in pm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Pop the link to me in pm.
    Sent, with my heartfelt thanks!

Hugh Grant: 'I want to do my bit to prevent a national catastrophe'

Hugh Grant has said he considered formally entering politics before the general election, but instead decided to campaign for people to vote tactically to prevent a Conservative majority to stop Brexit.

Speaking before he canvassed in Westminster with Chuka Umunna, who is standing there for the Liberal Democrats, the actor said he had decided his best role in the election was “banging the drum for tactical voting”.

Grant is also due to campaign on behalf of remain-minded Labour candidates, and said his “personal fantasy” for the election would be another hung parliament with MPs in charge.

Asked if he had considered standing himself, Grant said: “I wanted to help at this election and that was one idea that crossed my mind. But I think I would struggle to follow party orders. I think I might be too old and too pleased with myself to be obedient.”

In a brief speech alongside Umunna amid a crowd of Lib Dem activists, Grant said voters should “do everything we can” to stop a Conservative government.

I've never used GoFundMe, but I can try to put in a little. I know how it feels to lose a house.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I've never used GoFundMe, but I can try to put in a little. I know how it feels to lose a house.
    Any help is very appreciated, thank you!

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, whose real name is Dannie Goeb, but he legally changed it in 2003 after he rose in the ranks of the Texas Republican cult of personality over a fifteen year career working as a conservative talk show host. He made numerous racist remarks on his show, particularly directed at Asians, including discussing trade negotiations between the Clinton administration and China by speaking in pidgin English and pronouncing Clinton’s name as “President Crinton”. Patrick has also insisted illegal immigrants are bringing tuberculosis and leprosy (yes, LEPROSY) into the United States, claimed ISIS is sneaking across the U.S./Mexico border, and has tried to pass legislation patterned after Arizona’s controversial SB 1070 anti-immigration law. As a Texas State Senator, Dan Patrick walked out of the chamber in protest when a fellow lawmaker (who was Jewish) asked for a Muslim cleric to give a prayer before the legislature. Patrick is also fiercely opposed to abortion, comparing his rivalry with State Senator Wendy Davis to Jesus facing off with the Pharisees , and once asking a fellow legislator during a debate on abortion, “And if those aborted souls were in the gallery, what you say to them right now?” (Really, he seems to think there are ghost embryos about.) As if we needed to add anything else, Patrick has also denied the existence of a separation of church and state in the United States Constitution, and after Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson publicly bashed gay people in 2013, Patrick heralded him as one of God’s modern day prophets while spending his own money on misleading and fear-mongering ads to support ballot initiatives to ban transgendered citizens from using the public bathroom of their choice by insisting there are mythical sexual assaults taking place in those bathrooms by men in drag. In 2016, Patrick called for a boycott on Target, for suggesting that they would allow transgendered citizens to use the restroom of their choice in their stores, and in June of that year, responded to the shooting at The Pulse nightclub in Orlando by getting on Twitter and quoting the Bible passage Galatians 6:7, that seemed to indicate he felt the victims got what was coming to them.

Immediately upon the new session of the Texas state legislature hit, Dan Patrick immediately took it upon himself to introduce a transphobic bathroom bill into the state legislature, calling it a “top priority” to prevent all the non-existent sexual assaults from the transgendered community from occurring (while conveniently doing nothing about any of the members of his own party who seem to be in the news for them these days). He continues to insist that a bill designed to discriminate is “not discriminatory. Outside of that, he has also blamed Democrats for the deaths of several undocumented immigrants who overheated in a semi as part a human smuggling ring, as their fault because of policies of “open borders, which is about as ass-backwards logic as you might see. Or at least, it would have been had he not also got on board with arguing against the University of Texas at Austin removing Confederate statues over the summer, where he invoked Godwin’s law by mentioning Nazis, and posited a “slippery slope” argument that seemed to wonder if eventually statues at the Alamo might be taken down, too.

Dan Patrick outraged many in 2018 after reacting to a a mass shooting at Sante Fe High School in Texas, explaining that the real problem causing mass shootings is that “too many entrances” are available to mass shooters, so buildings are harder to defend. Now, not only is this just dumb in terms of a need for gun control in Texas, but it means that Patrick fails to understand that “too many entrances” are also “many exits” for kids having to flee buildings when they’re being shot at.

In]August of 2018, after the murder of Iowa college student Mollie Tibbets, Dan Patrick said that CNN and MSNBC are “accomplices” in the murder, as Tibbetts’ family are telling Republicans around the country to not politicize her death.

A month later, in September of 2018: Patrick, on the campaign trail, ranted impotently at Colin Kaepernick appearing in Nike’s new ad campaign (the highly successful one). He was regrettably re-elected to another term in office as Texas’ Lieutenant Governor, beating Democrat Mike Collier with only 51% of the vote. Eking out a win was due to his brilliant strategy of being a coward who doesn’t like having to have his idiocy challenged, as evidenced by Dan Patrick’s refusal to debate his opponent.

In September of 2019, Patrick again disgusted people around the country after blaming the video game industry for “teaching people to kill, and proposing the solution to curtail gun violence was to allow prayer in schools. One might think that would prove that Patrick is heartless, but that would apparently be medically inaccurate because two weeks later Patrick was hospitalized with a blocked artery. He survived, and remains in office at the age of 69… we’re unsure if he will run for Governor in 2022, but it would seem like if Texas keeps trending blue, he wouldn’t have a prayer of winning.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Any help is very appreciated, thank you!
    Throw me a link

Hughs an idiot if he thinks siding with the Lib Dems will help.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The stupidest thing about blaming Ukraine is that it literally makes no fucking sense on any level.

A. Their a fucking vassal for Russia by 2016....so its probably still Russia.
    B. What do Ukraine get out of it ? Nothing really, that fubding they were going to get anyway. What does Russia get ? A hell of a lot.
    Well the GOP defense of trump report they stood up there and presented just makes no sense. They claim trump had legit concerns and cares about Ukrainian corruption that's why he was doing what he was doing. That falls apart on its face, because those same people you are "concerned about" you want them to investigate Biden's son for you?

What? If you didn't trust them to release the aid that was appropriated for them until the whistle blower came out why would you trust them to investigate your rival? Why did you release the money then immediately after the whistle blower? They spent all that time and effort getting rid of anyone who raised concerns and slandering the American officials who were objecting and eventually testified. But, what happened to the corruption? Its gone now? How did it go?

These people are nuts. They offer no substantive rebuttals of the testimony. Their base supports them like we knew they would and they will support the Senate GOP who wont impeach either.

In the end just like we thought I think the testimony and the Inquiry was the right thing to do it showed people credible professional, career staffers they can see with their own eyes the truth of what they are saying.

And you either get out and vote all these wack jobs out. Or we whine about our particular candidate not getting the Democratic nomination sit this one out and they get emboldened as trump wins again. People should be scared to DEATH of him getting a probable third Supreme Court nominee. That alone should be #votebluenomatterwho

BANNED

Throw me a link
    Sent one your way, but I think I'm going to stop replying to these just to cut down on Spam. Just know that we're both incredibly grateful for anything anyone here is willing to do!

Hughs an idiot if he thinks siding with the Lib Dems will help.
    I don't know enough about UK politics to know, well, who to root for. As in, is there any group or party or whatever that is worth supporting?